Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: If there was a cure for cd-ing would you take it

I'll take the pink pill please I've spent enough time denying that major part of me, I'd choose to be what I've always wished I was, the good and the bad. I'd probably be starting menapause about now, so be it, I'd still be cute! I'd be complaining about wrinkles and saggy parts, but who doesn't at this age.
    If I woke up in the morning and the only thing that was different was my body shape and my biological sex, that would be good enough for me.

pill

pink.pink.

NO WAY! But i do aggree i might take the pink pill im a sucker for anything pink!
    ~Brittany~

What's to cure? I wasn't aware that CDing was a condition.

I would take it as a guy forever.
    Rain

Doing either would be a denial of the Self.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrianna View Post
    What happens if I take a blue pill, then a pink pill, then a blue pill, then a ....I think you see where I am going with this.
    Go to the toilet before you start all that there poppin

NO.....why cure somethings that not broken????

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post
    I don't think I'm sick so I don't need curing. So please don't try to "cure" me.
    Agreed, Stephenie. I agree with Magneto in X-Men III . . . "we don't need a cure!" (That movie upset me).
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

definately The Pink Pill For Me

Hi MJ no cure for me thank you I'd rather dress
    Angie

Banned Read only

Get a Thesaurus Ladies!!!!

Cure, treatment, whatever......the question I tried to ask before, with the same answers..."I am not sick, ...It is not an illness....yada yada yada....
    What the lady is asking is whether ther are times when CDism is more of a burden than you like very much and if a simple pill, an out, which would leave you totally happy in the male world you were born into was available, would it interest you.
    Believe me, there are times when I would consider it. Especially when I meet a great new lady in my life if you will remember back to the summer...

Take a pill to stop never, take a pill to enhance in a heart beat.
    so give me a life time supply of the pink pill
    Kymmie
    Last edited by kymmieLorain; 10-24-2006 at 01:18 PM.

Pixie Hollow's Vixen Katie Ashe's Avatar

Why would you

Simply put NO. Now for a short why not. Crossdressing is not a sickness, disease, or even cancer, abnormality; it's not a choice, it's not a way of life, it is not parital to color, race, sex, gender, religion, age etc... From what i understand no two humans are the same, only similar characteristics. I'm still having trouble accpeting that I'm out of societies Norm, But I am whom I am.
    DK Productions LLC, Giving back to the Rainbow Community. Need a DJ, Every Song Has a Story, We Make The Memory

Blue

I would take the blue pill IF I had no recollection of what it was like to have the desire to dress. Noone knows about my CDing so the risks are always there. And to have a life without the desires and the guilt and risks and not know it or miss it I would take it in a heartbeat.
    [SIZE="1"]Hopefully coming to grips with getting older[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]http://360.yahoo.com/randi_789[/SIZE]

I think I would take the....

PINK, PINK, PINK, PINK, PINK, PINK, PINK, PINK, PINK, PINK, PINK, PINK, PINK, PINK, PINK, PINK, PINK, PINK, PINK, PINK, PINK, PINK, PINK, PINK, PINK, PINK, PINK, PINK, PINK, PINK, PINK, PINK, PINK, PINK, PINK, PINK... well you get the idea

Cure?

As others have said, I don't think we should be talking about a cure, since that implies a disease, which CDing is not.

I sometimes fantasize of being totally a woman, I think I would like to try it. Ideally I think I would like to switch at will. But not premanently, I like being a guy as well
    Have fun now, life is too short to wait,
    RedBaron
    http://www.facebook.com/guenther.eichhorn

I don't think anyone was suggesting that we need curing from CDing. In Vir's original thread on this, he does describe CD/TG/homosexuality as disorders from the point of view of "normal" gender differentiation & reproduction, which is fair enough, I think, considering he did include a disclaimer that her was only putting it like that to keep the explanation simple.

I think ther topic of this thread is valid. Most CDers have at same time in their life wished that they weren't CDers, and some of us have even contemplated suicide. Fortunately, most of us here have reached a point of acceptance. But for those who were CDing 30-40 years ago, we were risking being locked up as crazy. That can do things to your head that take a while to get over.

Someone mentioned it is still dangerous to CD in Islamic countries. We had a new member posting from the UAE a month or so ago. They've disappeared...

Robin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Red face

pass the pink pill please

nope

No pills for me. Just fine the way I am.

I agree with Mitzi, it would be a lot easier not to have to dress up. I wouldn't have to respond to that inner voice when it shouts "LET ME OUT!" And also I would have more time to do other things. Yes, I would take the blue pill. But until they produce one, I'll just have to carry on dressing.

As for the question of whether it's an illness or not It is classed as abnormal psychological behaviour and comes under the heading of "Obsessive Compulsive Disorder" which is not my own explanation but comes from The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. So it is classified as a psycholgical and sexual dysfunction. How do I know this? I have diplomas in Psychology and advanced psychotherapy. But I just thought I would give you the technical discription. Whether you agree or disagree with it is not the issue. I just thought you would be interested to know how we have been labeled by the so-called experts.

Bianca.

wouldnt have any pill as has been said would be untrue to yourself to switch one way or another, i do what i like and like what i do i go with the mood.
    I have to be Kate in order to exist as kieran
    Kate xx Home at last

"Used to be a sweet boy
    Holding so tightly
    To Daddy's hand
    But that was all
    In some distant land"

Morrisey

Pink for me, even if it does clash with the other six I take to keep my head on striaght.

Quote Originally Posted by Bianca T-Girl View Post
    It is classed as abnormal psychological behaviour and comes under the heading of "Obsessive Compulsive Disorder" which is not my own explanation but comes from The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.
    So what does the DSM say about other repetitive behaviours, like playing sport, going to the gym, playing card, board or computer games, dancing, playing music, painting, sculpture,...

Apparently, some people watch television every day. Talk about compulsive weirdos.

Robin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Ooooh! Magic Pills!

I love these threads. Pink, of course! If being around here and reading the various Magic Change threads has taught me anything it's #1)Many people get bent out of shape by the word "cure" #2)Many people are afraid to commit and want to switch back and forth (Heck, we're doing that already) #3)I always pick Pink. These are great values clarification exercises and demonstrate to ourselves why we do what we do and how intense our feelings are about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]