Thread: Cosmetic & Perfume Manufacturers----Do they appreciate our Potential ?

Cosmetic & Perfume Manufacturers----Do they appreciate our Potential ?

Howdo we get the message to the above that we are a significant purchaser of their Products with ever increasing potentail for even greater sales.
    Most leading Brands employ their own Staff at the major Dept. Store Cosmetic & Perfume Counters.
    Perhaps they should endevour to encourage their Female Staff to be more CD friendly ? or perhaps have selective Male staff to put us at ease when we inquire and or shop.
    If I was the Manager of a Dept Store Cosmetic Counter I would pay a Bonus to every Staff Member who sold Ladies Cosmetics to a Male CD !!
    Any thoughts & or ideas from other Forum Members ?

Francesp56,
    Melbourne,
    Australia.

Fran, It doesn't seem that you have read many posts about makeup counters, posted by many of us. If you had a bad experience, I'm sorry, but most dept stores are very interested in our business. I was in a Macy's a while ago, to get some perfume from a Dior counter, $80+. The lady behind the counter asked if it was for a gift or for my self. I asked, why would it make a difference? She said, yes, the way we wrap it. A gift box or just in a bag. At Yonkers, at the Lancome counter, getting perfume. The SA ask if I wanted to try it on me or on a paper? And when I was done with the perfume, sh4e asked if I was interested in any makeup. Very generic, but the question was asked. Many of the gurls here have gone to the various counters and had makeovers. So be brave and go into the store and ask for what you want. If you want a foundation match, ask for it. If you want help with eye makeup, ask. But be willing to buy some products. That's what they are there for, to sell the products.
    Oh, May I suggest, Dior Addict, for the mild perfume. Not real strong, but very nice....BJ

Silver Member
    Dear Frances,

Your "ever increasing potential" is truly miniscule compared to the GG market for cosmetics. We just don't have ANY comparative buying power. Believe me, marketers are always looking for new markets. If we truly were a market they would be advertising to us.

However, there is really no need. Every cosmetic counter in every store is CD freindly. Just try. You will find every consultant eager to sell you cosmetics. This is how they make their living and the more you buy the better they like it. Most of them know what they are doing also, and you will find them a wealth of help and assistance. Ask for advice. You will find them most helpful.

Visit a Merle Norman store. Call your Avon or Mary Kay rep. Try a MAC cosmetic store. You will find them ALL eager to take your money. Selling cosmetics is big business and they really don't care who buys it.

Lovies,
    Stephenie
    Last edited by Stephenie S; 10-23-2006 at 11:48 PM.

Professional Consumer Rebecca Petersen's Avatar

Agree

I totally agree, if you have the money, they want your business. They would sell Charles Manson cover cream. Boy those three sixes are hard to cover.
    Rebecca
    Due to budget cutbacks, we have found it necessary to turn off the light at the end of the tunnel.

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar
    I've had nothing but good experiences buying makeup from MAC. The women, and men, that work there were helpful, friendly, knowledgable, and accepting. Not even one eyebrow was raised when I indicated that the goodies were for me. That said, I have to agree that we are a small portion of the market compared to GGs.
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending

Banned Read only
    to be totally honest with all of you,I believe if these cosmetic manufacturers cared about our business,they would make products that would cover the beard problem better instead of us having to trowel it on in inches,milimeters,centimeters,or in my case,yards.
    Thats why I refuse to use makeup,or try to pass,I have other things I want to spend my money on.

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]I work for an independent cosmetic company and many companies are just starting to tap into the skin care products for men, how would you maket products to the TG market place any different than they do now. We as a group now copy the trends the GG's are doing, so they ARE marketing to us now. Like what has been said before I have had nothing but positive experiences whith any SA I have dealt with buying clothes of cosmetics. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]