Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did your wife know before marriage?

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar

Did your wife know before marriage?

Those of you who have read my other threads know that my dear departed wife and I had, and still have, a very loving relationship. I think that is partly due to the fact that she knew about my CD activites before we were married.

I told her before I asked her to marry me, and she said that long as I didn't flaunt it (as in Dragqueen!) she was O.K. with it. Well, her being O.K. with it actually went even further. When it got close to our wedding date she said she wanted me to go shopping with her. She took me to the Bridal shop where she was getting her wedding dress and informed me that she wanted our underwear to match! I wound up getting a white satin bra, panties, slip, and garter belt. Of course, I also had to have some stockings to wear since I was going to be wearing a garter belt. The shop lady actually fitted me with the bra, and told me that she bet I would love wearing those things. I'm sure I was blushing up a storm, but I was enjoying myself!

During the actual wedding ceremony, and also during the reception , my wife whispered to me asking how my panties felt. They felt Wonderful, and I couldn't help smiling about it. It was a great wedding, and our first honeymoon night was even better!

Anybody else tell your wife before, and if so did she react like mine? Wish I still had that white satin set!!

Sissy
    More Girl than man

Thumbs up

wooow i really know what to reply to this. good forum though, my x-wife, i'm not sure how she would have reacted, i never told here how i felt back then, but then again i was married in the late 80's, and she was a real looker. but i don't know how she would have reacted to me liking to dress up. i know the next girl that comes along, i will tell her, before we even get real serious, should be interesting to see how it goes, maybe i'll have her read your opening statment first, then see what happens... yea, i think i'll print your out, and save it for that special day..
    Pantyhose & Heels are Heavenly...
    anyone in the chicago area?

before married

my wife found out before we were married. and at that time we both thought it would go away with marriage.... i guess not.

KimberlyS
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

Hello Sis. Sounds like you and your wife had many good years together and i'm sorry for your loss. Yes my wife knew a little about my CDing. She thought it was a kinky and enjoyed it when we wore panties and hose around the apartment together. I was informed early on that make up and looking like a real GG was off limits, Going out in the real world in full drag was out the window and although I never fully dress in her presence I count my blessings.

Absolutely. I needed to make sure she was OK with my dressing before the relationship progressed too far. So I invited her out to a Girls Night Out dinner soon after we met. Its been fine ever since.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nope. Mine had no clue.... Didn't tell her and kept the secret for 30 years...

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Untitled
    Six month after for Sandra, but was a rocky path to where we are now. At first she thought it was a joke.

19 years later we are very happy together as wife and "wife".
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

I made sure my wife knew before we married. Didn't want to have to spring that secret after many years of marriage.

Actually my wife found my stash before we were married, we were living together at the time. I told her it was an ex girlfriends. Boy that did not go well. Looking back now I should have told her then that it was mine. But I was afraid that she would let the cat out of the bag. Some 15 years later I finally told her the real truth, That did not go real well either. But it is all out now, at least to her anyway.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Banned Read only
    when I met my girlfriend I asked her what her feelings were on men wearing womens clothes,her response was,there are men out there who do worse than that.
    we have been together going on 5 years now,she never complains,never berates me,but on the other hand she never compliments me either,I'm not sure why she stays with me,could be my talent in the kitchen,I learned to cook from grandma,and my friend Mike an Italian friend from New York,my GF says my marinara sauce is the best she ever had,maybe I could share it in here.
    Last edited by Snookums; 10-24-2006 at 06:39 PM.

Banned Read only
    Deep South, the land of Magnolia trees, Mint Juleps on the verandah ,hoop skirts & antebellum homes.
    Yes, I knew about Trudi before our third date. He kept telling me there was something about himself he had to share with me. As is usual with women I obsessed over what it could possibly be. When he finally told me my reaction was total relief and I said: OK, and....?

My acceptance was total from that moment on. I've never had the ups and downs that so many SO's experience and I think this is entirely due to the fact that my husband is well balanced in his duality. He is caring, kind, giving, thoughtful and absolutely unselfish.

I gave Trudi her very own wedding night. To this day she says it's one of her fondest and dearest memories.

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    yep, she knew
    Drumming, My other hobby

My wife did not know before we were married, but was okay with it after I told her. Lucky you with the matching outfits!

I told my girl sometime in the first few months of us dating. I couldn't take the chance that she wouldn't be able to handle it. That was almost 30 years ago and it was one of the best decisions I ever made!

She is still my best friend and we go out as husband and wife or two girlfriends depending on the day.

Sally

no and oh how I wish I had...she recently moved out and we've been dating all summer, but now I'm into it more than ever...Now I'm really in a pickle!

I don't know what she thinks I know she hated it before and I think she knows about some of it now, but I don't know.

"I'd rather live with her in her's than without her in mine!"
    lovin to dress...

Yes, three months into the relationship. It was getting serious and if she was gonna walk, there was her chance. She said "so?".

We've been married 15 years.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Yes she did. In fact she was looking to date a crossdresser. We met on a TG forum called "Men in Bras".
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

No, mainly because I had spent most of my early life trying to deny it to myself...

Yes, I told my wife before we were married. She was already helping to buy me panties, bras, and nightgowns. We actually had a couple look-alike lingerie outfits we would play in before and after we were married.

Smile before marriage?

Yes,I told her about it a couple of months into the relationship and she said"I know".Twenty-two years and still madly in love.

I finally told my wife this year after she caught me trying on one of her skirts (which I love, BTW). We've been married almost 14 years now and although she had a hard time with it at first, I told her that she should not sacrifice her happiness for mine.

It's been about a month now and she doesn't care. In fact, buying panties was never more fun

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    Anybody else tell your wife before, and if so did she react like mine?
    I had no clue myself for the first several years of our relationship.

I'd done the occasional experimentation with nylons filched from the garbage pail, but that was for, ummm, "excitement" and soon removed, or was because I was curious to see what it was like to wear those things (how can one not wonder what it's like for half of the population?). I have a partial memory of having worn nylons for a day at school as an act of sexual daring... but my cross-memories of where and when that would have had to have been suggest that perhaps that didn't actually happen... though perhaps I wore a pair most of one day during summer holiday. Anyhow, those episodes were just that, brief episodes, on the order with a teenage boy sneaking a read of a Playboy and maybe even daring to cut out one of the pictures and take it with him somewhere one day: they happened, but they didn't register as anything else than a boy exploring hormonal drives of eroticism,

But actually *wearing* anything femme, to consciously wear women's clothes for more than a brief excitement: that didn't start until late september 2 years ago (to buy panties of my own to experiment with), and I progressed very rapidly from there to obviously femme attire in public (a skirt in public less than a month later). Relative to a lot of the other forum members, I've had almost a crash course in crossdressing: things that some of you haven't dared do in decades, I was doing within weeks or short months. It's a very different situation for me: I never spent those decades funked out about whether I was sick, perverted, so on: it was more like, "Do I dare do this?? Ah, heck, what do I have to lose?? at most I'll get laughed at, and I can handle that 'cuz none of those people know what it's like to be me."

In the two years, have I told my wife yet? Urrr, no You know what they say about "There's never a good time..."

I don't have any guilt about having hidden it from her "all during our relationship" because it wasn't an active part of me during the first decade, and I didn't know myself. But it does bother me to hide it from her, especially to "white lie" or misdirect when I attend the monthly club meetings. And sometimes I end up resenting a bit that I'm not going to one of the social events because she doesn't know and I don't have any excuse, Tess-Leigh is noticably more active socially than drab ole' me.

Aspiring Member
    my wife didn't know, but neither did i. I will say I have always been upfront right from the beginning and she is very tolerable. Not totally accepting, but tolerable.

No my ex wife did not know when we were married, I did not tell her because I truly thought that by marrying and starting a family the thoughts of cross dressing would go away. I know now that I was naive, my therapist has told me that it is common for men like me think this way. I tried very hard to be the manly guy and I did it for a few years....but...my cross dressing came back with a vengeance hence the divorce.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

Yes, my wife knew before we were married. We've had some ups and downs over the years about some aspects of it, but generally speaking she has been supportive all along. Next week will be our 38th anniversary.
    Phoebe