Thread: How did you get to be so...frilly?

girlie guy

How did you get to be so...frilly?

That's the question my teenage son asked me when he noticed I had shaved legs and painted toenails (I don't think he knows about Ronna). It took him a few moments to come up with the right word, and that was the right word. Then it took me a few moments to come up with the answer: through a concious effort! That's right, I decided to be girly, it wasn't something I was born with or that just happened to me, I chose to be like this. Why? I don't have the slightest idea.

How about you? Do you try hard to be girl-like, or were you always that way, or did it suddenly hit you like a ton of feathers?

[SIZE=3]I always wanted to dress as a girl since I was about 12, although I had the feeling I was "different" from about age 8-9.

The "realisation" that there was a psychological classification for crossdressers hit me like a brick wall in my early twenties. Why? Well, I knew then that I was not a one-off freak!

[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love And Devotion To My Online Family

I'm outa the closet, but still inda house!

"girl like"

Me, girl like? You're kidding, right, Hon? I can't afford to be a "dainty flower". I owe it to myself to be assertive as a gal but somewhat less assertive as a guy. They seem to meet somewhere in the middle these days and complement each other to complete my overall personage. I went the "frilly" route for awhile but it just wasn't me. The girly stuff is somewhat insidious and sort of creeps up on you without being aware of it. If some are not sure what I'm talking about, just continue to be "girl like" and you will eventually realize what I mean. Ericka/Rich

Took years of practice......work still in progress..

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Frilly, me?

Being a guy who has no aspirations of becoming a woman, I detest being "frilly", except when dressed. Even then, I don't bother to try to feminize my voice, unless I'm trying to "pass".

Mind you, I don't try to be macho in guy mode. I've gotten "You don't look the type" when I've revealed to a SA that I'm a CD.

I did slip once. I was driving to catch a flight and was trying out some femme voices. When boarding the plane, in response to the stewardess' cheery greeting, I responded in my best femme voice...aaaghhh...

Mitzi

Even though I have shaved legs and polished toenails right now and have been wearing panties and pantyhose, I don't think I am frilly en drab.
    Basically, that's what my wife said when I revealed myself to her. She couldn't believe I was what I am. Afterall, Marine Reserves, etc. Who'd thought? But put me in a dress and...
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

I had dolls when I was young which I saved up for with my pocket money... Was dressing fully in my teens, but in all honesty, I never really felt at home till I made my home my home. The subtle feminisation of my surroundings gave me my true centre.... Strange but true.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

A Veteran who is a Rookie

I agree with Sherry...

Quote Originally Posted by SherriePall View Post
    Even though I have shaved legs and polished toenails right now and have been wearing panties and pantyhose, I don't think I am frilly en drab.

Today had to sit through a boring seminar....had black panties and nude pantyhose on under drab clothes. Don't feel frilly, but I feel "special" like I know when this meeting is over I have a relaxing place to sit and unwind in clothes of my choice.
    :luvu:

Tammi_52

--------------

"She walks like an angel walks, she talks like an angel talks,
    And her hair has a kind of curl, to my mind, he's my kind of girl."

well i was always this way for has long as i can remember it's who i am.. hugs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

is in her vest
    Ummm, no way did I choose to be like this, but I've been like this for about as long as I can remember. At one time I thought if I had SRS then the "problem" would be solved. Thank goodness I never went down that route. No I didn't wake up one day and think, "hey I might pop on some panties and bra, and while I'm at it I may as well put on a skirt and face". I just have always had this compulsion to cross dress, and I like it, ....most days.
    Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. ~Potter Stewart

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ronna View Post
    How did you get to be so...frilly?
    You have just made my day! What a lovely, lovely question!
    I would love to be considered "frilly" by a child (or anyone for that matter). It seems so un-offensive.....almost like a term of endearment to me.

If I had a son and they asked this question to me, I'd probably say "I dunno I just evolved to being this way over several years, I like the way I am."
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I'm about as frilly as an anvil wrapped in silk.
    Hail Satin!

Banned Read only
    I was always a real "girly" boy.
    I didn't have to think about it.
    Just natural.

Content and Happy
    I'm with MJ on this one. I can't remember not having the fem feelings.

Lanore

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    Quote Originally Posted by ReginaK View Post
    I'm about as frilly as an anvil wrapped in silk.
    ReginaK, this made me laugh out loud at work. Perfect! you are hilarious!

frilly ?

All the GGs I know are not frilly all the time, which is the way I want to be, having the ability to be frilly when you want to be but still being feminine all the time

Hugs

Fiona

I'm fairly new, but here is my experience:

at 3, in my grandmother's closet, trying on heels...
    at 5, in my sister's closet, trying on ballerina outfit...
    at 10, in my sister's room, trying on everything...
    at 13, in my mom and sister's closet, trying on everything... and in their make-up stuff, putting on some finishing touches...

Unhappy

awh i an not frilly i am just a plain jane
    laurie sweet

I think frilly isn't the word. I definitely didn't choose to be who I am, not that I mind being me. But, I have always been less than macho.
    Zara

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." Albert Einstein

In my own case, I think that I've evolved into the person that I am today. I didn't choose to be a crossdresser, but I absolutely did choose to shave my legs, paint my toe nails, etc. The way I see it, these little differences do indeed help set me apart from other, "mainstream" men--just as they set GG's apart from men. This makes me feel good. It helps me feel like a girl. I love feeling frilly. It just suits me!
    "poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another." Madonna "Justify My Love"

Gold Member
    I'm not frilly at all when I'm in guy mode, takes a lot to be Tina, and as Tina I don't know if you would say shes a frilly kind of girl?