Thread: Underwire Bras ..........

Smile Underwire Bras ..........

Any of you ever take the underwires out of your bras? I have done that with some of mine and they feel so much more comfortable on me. Got a good deal on a few bras on sale a while back but never wore them much until I removed the wires. They feel so much better now. Also. do any of you know of any good sites to buy girdles? Seems there are not many sites or much selection anymore.
    Last edited by Jolene; 10-26-2006 at 10:29 PM.

I took the underwires out of some bras before I had forms, since without the right shape of a breast in them, underwire bras tend to poke.

But since I have breast forms, I'm wishing I hadn't done it. In fact, I don't think I have any of those bras around anymore.

All in all, I'd say that 3/4 of my bras are underwire, most of the rest are 'soft cup' non-underwire, the remaining few are sports bras which really don't work for me since they don't give any support to keep forms in place (though I'll wear them once in a while without the forms).

BTW: I had a funny conversation the other day. Somehow it came up in conversation while I was exercising that my nipples were getting chaffed from rubbing against my wet loose shirt as I moved. One of the women within earshot jokingly told me that a sports bra would probably take care of the problem.

Gee, just about all my bras are under wire bras. So are the wifes. Can't be that hard to get used to them, we did it....BJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jolene View Post
    Also. do any of you know of any good sites to buy girdles? Seems there are not many sites or much selection anymore.

http://www.girdlebound.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Cristi View Post
    All in all, I'd say that 3/4 of my bras are underwire, most of the rest are 'soft cup' non-underwire, the remaining few are sports bras which really don't work for me since they don't give any support to keep forms in place (though I'll wear them once in a while without the forms).
    You can get underwire sports bra. I got the underwire just for that, reason to keep things in place.

Underwire bras

I don't quite understand the issue. You buy an underwire bra because you want the support. If you don't want it, buy a wirefree bra. They cost the same, so what is the difference?

I only wear underwire bras. They help to increase my breast. Wearing underwire bras all the time, and always pulling as much of your breast into the bra, helps increasing your breast. I by now have almost an A-cup's worth of breast. The underwire definitely helps with that, because it prevents the parts that you pull up into the cup from sliding back down.

The other thing that helps is non-stretch straps. They also tend to keep things up while you wear the bra. The longer that is the case, the more permanent it is.
    Have fun now, life is too short to wait,
    RedBaron
    http://www.facebook.com/guenther.eichhorn

Hi All: Cristy, Check out an etailer called "Tatiana's.com" or google it if that is wrong. I bought a OBG with six garters last week for $14, and that included shipping and I had it in 2 days. Most incredible, and it is the highest quality I have ever gotten. The garters R metal and colored black like the garment, and very high quality non snags on panties.

I am 6' 210 wear a 42C brassiere so I got a XXL and it fits perfect. I have a 36" or 38" waist depending on what pants I wear. Best of all, it's a Bright Star company that makes contributions to women's crisis centers.

hi jolean if you dont likr underwire bras bye wireless but less support
    laurie sweet

I personally like the underwire bras. Much more support, especially for us who are larger framed and use larger breast forms.
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

There's something about an underwire bra that just "feels right". I guess my underwire bras support both my breasts and my sense of who Larissa is.

Nope.....They don't bother me one bit!!! Help keep my breasts in the proper shape!!! hehehe

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

lady grace has lots of styles of girdles. just try www. lady grace.com
    sue ellan

life is like a roll of tp. the closer to the end the faster it goes.

Silver Member
    My goodness. Why buy an underwire bra and then remove the underwire???
    Sort of like buying a long sleeve top and then cutting off the sleeves because you don't like long sleeves.

Undewires work well for some girls. Personally I have both and wear then pretty much at random. I think the bra designer probably knew what they were about when they made the bra so I don't try and modify it. If you buy enough of them you will find out what styles you like and what styles fit you well and do the most for you.

Lovies,
    Steph

I only buy push up underwire bras and I do that specifically because they are underwired and mainstain my breasts in a nice cleavage... So If I didn't want the underwire in my bras, I would buy directly bras which don't have underwires...

I agree that wearing an underwire bras for 12 hours makes one feel happy to take it off at the end of the day. But that's the price to pay to shape nicely one's breasts, specifically if they are not really big...

Eugenie

Smile

Thanks to all of you for your comments. Always nice to get a few ideas from others. With my chest size and shape the wireless bras do work best. I get the smallest cup size I can find and usually just wear them with out any forms. A bra is a bra and when I can get them on a good sale I do so.

So Nice To Know All Of You .................. Jolene

I buy my bras, skirts, tops etc., from eBay. You can either choose to "buy now" or find ones to bid on - that can be fun as well.
    www.ebay.com

Bianca.

Sub CD
    To me, underwire is the only way to go. They make me (for one) feel more femminine. They also help to push more flesh into the right places. Maybe that's why I'm into corsets also.

Alysin

Underwire bras can be torture if you aren't wearing forms with proper weight. The underwires tend to poke you in the breastbone. Water-filled balloons are much better than lightweight forms, but just wait till you try your UW bras with proper forms. Bliss!

Robin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I only wear underwire bra's, never took the wire out of them. if you don't like the wire in them why don't you buy bra's already haven't got the wire inside them
    Love as always Jasminexxxxxxxx

underwire

If the underwire bra pokes you they may be the wrong size. Try to get a bra fitting it would help and you will feel better. Some small bra shops will do a fitting for you if you call ahead. It does help and most SA are friendly you just buy something there.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Ummm...

If you don't like the underwires, try softcup bras! They will be designed for a better fit without underwires

Erica
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f