Thread: Boston on halloween day

Boston on halloween day

For the past half dozen years, I've been finding things around S. Vermont and Western Mass. to do on halloween day, but I find myslef spending more and more time thinking about taking a trip to Boston on that day.

I am a bit familiar with the city and can find my way around it, but don't know what kind of reaction I could expect 'dressed' on halloween. Perhaps somebody who has a better feel for the area could give me some input.

What I would LIKE to do would be to park in a garage toward the end of one of the subway lines (Alwife?) and take the train into town. I've always loved the thought of sitting in a subway car for several minutes with crowds of other people around me, or walking up and down the stairs from platform to paltform to get to where I'm going. Would this be safe during business hours on halloween day? I don't really know what I'd do once I got into town, maybe just hit some of the tourist areas...

Keep in mind that I do NO pass, though OTOH I don't really stick out if people don't scrutinize me.

So, would I be out of line here? Please let me know.

It's been many years since I lived in the metro West area of Boston, but I would think one of the safest days to do what you want to do is on Halloween. One thing though, be ready for some hazing. A few years ago on Halloween I went to a Tower Records in Menlo Park, California on Halloween. I had no problem inside the store but outside on the way back to my car there were a bunch of teenage boys heckling me. I think they wait looking for guys dressed as girls to heckle. There was no problem, I just waved and was on my way.

Karen Sue

What a perfect time to go out. Let me suggest you go up to Salem. My GF goes totally Goth and see feels right at home. I can't make it this year, but I went up in drab last year. I was so upset I was not dressed.

I will agree with Kristen Marie. Go to Salem and have a great time.
    Sitting on the "T" for the 20-30 minutes it takes to get from Alwife to down-town could be a bad experience, depending on the people in the car. The trouble with the "T" is there is no way to escape. I've often thought about doing a T ride and always chickened out.
    Susann_Gardener

read all the replys Salem is your best bet. Even if you stay in Harvard Square
    area should be safe. If you want to take the T

I dont see that going to Boston on this hallowed day would be a problem the times are changing now with the laws regarding same sex marrage Ill bet no one will bat an eyelash if you get my drift, I would love to be in Boston dressed as a lovely lady in a beautiful gown and all the frilly things that come with it, but I know too many people there and would feel it would cause a problem, some people just dont understand how we dress, but if you get to Boston have a blast its your day, good luck

I am not sure about Boston just too crowded for me.
    I will be going to Providence place mall today to shop fully dressed.
    I have a cute black knee lenth skirt black sheer pantyhose 2" black pumps
    and white and orange blouse with halloween logo. I will wear my long blond wig and full make up. I am really looking forwerd to my day.
    Hope everyone else has a great day.