Thread: Bra Question: Racerback?

...likes lingerie.

Bra Question: Racerback?

I've been thinking about expanding my collection, but I want opinions first.

Every now and then, I see a bra called a "t-back" or "racerback". I remember once asking a GG what she thought of them, and I never got a clear-cut answer.

So my question turns to the collective here:
    How is a racerback bra to wear? Is it comfortable? Does it take a while to adjust to? Would you recommend one?

I have a few racerbacks. They're made to go underneath tops (usually athletic/sporty wear) that are cut in that pattern.

Fit is often critical, as many do not have strap adjustments. And, they are almost never back close. Sometimes front, sometimes simply pullover (sports bras).

Once I find the right fit, I find them really comfortable, as your arms/shoulders have a wide and unhindered range of motion.

Best of luck.
    -Sedona

i have several racerbacks. as said, the right fit is important. for me, cup size seems to differ from a reg bra. i like them. your straps stay in place and they are comfortable. for me anyway. yes, all mine are front hook.

...likes lingerie.
    Has anyone tried the Victoria's Secret "Emma Collection" racerback?

Silver Member
    Why do you want a racer-back? They have a specific function. They are called racer-back because they are used for active wear. The straps won't slip off your shoulders because they are attached in the back. Useful for runners and other active women who don't want to be distracted by clothing discomfort during a sports meet or during practice. They are not very pretty, they are not really comfy, they are dificult to get on (especially for us with our wide shoulders as they usually go on over the head). Your GG friend probably wondered why on earth you wanted one.

Lovies,
    Steph

I LOVE my racerback bras. Front close is just convenient, and they're super-comfy. True, there's racerback sports bras, but other bras in this design (i.e. the VS Emma Collection) is clearly not for sports. So, I highly recommend it for something that's totally comfy and easier than a normal bra to put on. Seriously, 9 times out of 10 I don't care about the look of the bra - just that it supports me adequately and is comfortable.

I have a harder time putting on a front hook bra than a back hook- -The straps get tangled easier. Racerback bras only come in a few styles. I find them to be very comfortable and most important, THE STRAPS STAY PUT. Once I get it on I never have to tug at the straps. I love my racerbacks.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

I love racerback bras. They are very comfy and the straps don't fall down. One drawback is that you have to wear a dress/top with a narrow opening so the straps do not show around the collar.

Its a positive vote from me. They are great with sleeveless sweaters and tops. VS are my favorites.
    Kris

I have a couple sports bras in razor back but I find they creep up to my neck and can be irritating in that regard.....but if I pull it down it'll stay usually and it IS comfy once you get the fit.

Don't try hiding one at work under a shirt though - the strap in back is usually visible.....
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

they'r what I prefer... Best part about them is the straps are within your shoulder blades and not on your shoulders so they are less/not visible to the eye or the stray "pat on the shoulder" from a co-worker.

Jenn

Silver Member
    Well, I guess my question was asked and answered.

It seems that for many of us a racer-back bra IS more comfortable. Also they come in front hook which means you don't have to pull them over your head.

So you learn something new every day. Thanks girls,

Steph

I have a couple that are mainly atheletic bras and I wear them in drab and when I play ice hockey!! The red one is my "lucky bra" since we typically win when I'm wearing it! And they are very comphy!

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post
    Well, I guess my question was asked and answered.

It seems that for many of us a racer-back bra IS more comfortable. Also they come in front hook which means you don't have to pull them over your head.

So you learn something new every day. Thanks girls,

Steph
    I had not heard of razor back bras before, looks like Im going to try one, I do wear a few sports bras, but for medical reasons, Like Ive said in past threads I had breast cancer,last year. the nurse recomended that I wear one, imagain that being told to wear one by a nurse ,course it ticked off the so, I find that if I do a lot of work like lifting and bending its very helpful stopping the rubbing on my breasts, they are overly large(male boobies )where are they sold and do they come in different colors and styles, front hooking sounds good, Love Charolette

Quote Originally Posted by Charolette time View Post
    I had not heard of razor back bras before, looks like Im going to try one, I do wear a few sports bras, but for medical reasons, Like Ive said in past threads I had breast cancer,last year. the nurse recomended that I wear one, imagain that being told to wear one by a nurse ,course it ticked off the so, I find that if I do a lot of work like lifting and bending its very helpful stopping the rubbing on my breasts, they are overly large(male boobies )where are they sold and do they come in different colors and styles, front hooking sounds good, Love Charolette
    Congratulations on surviving the breast cancer. I had it 9 years ago, and I'm still around and kicking. My oncologist and none of the nurses suggested my wearing a bra, but I did it anyhow. I don't know how extensive your surgery was, or even if you had it, but as for me, I lost my entire left male breast. I often wear bras with only the left side padded. I guess that is one reason my SO accepts me wearing bras in the first place. Now for a slight rant about the cancer socities and such. Not one of the adverts soliciting funds or offering advice to breast cancer patients ever mentions that males should watch out for it, in spite of it being fatal in about 10 times as many males as females, because most of us do not realize we can get it and thus do not do self exams of our breasts, so we do not find it soon enough for a cure. I was approaching stage 3 when I found mine.. There doesn't need to be an entire advert about male breast cancer, but there should be a disclamer on the adds saying that men should also check themselves. This just a word of advice to everyone here, ladies check your breasts on a regular basis, and go to a doctor if you find even the smallest hint of anything. It will save your life. Okay, rant finished! To get back on topic, I wore and still wear the racer back style of bras. They seem to fit my cup size better than others, and they are very comfortable for sleeping.

Quote Originally Posted by Jere Oneil View Post
    Congratulations on surviving the breast cancer. I had it 9 years ago, and I'm still around and kicking. My oncologist and none of the nurses suggested my wearing a bra, but I did it anyhow. I don't know how extensive your surgery was, or even if you had it, but as for me, I lost my entire left male breast. I often wear bras with only the left side padded. I guess that is one reason my SO accepts me wearing bras in the first place. Now for a slight rant about the cancer socities and such. Not one of the adverts soliciting funds or offering advice to breast cancer patients ever mentions that males should watch out for it, in spite of it being fatal in about 10 times as many males as females, because most of us do not realize we can get it and thus do not do self exams of our breasts, so we do not find it soon enough for a cure. I was approaching stage 3 when I found mine.. There doesn't need to be an entire advert about male breast cancer, but there should be a disclamer on the adds saying that men should also check themselves. This just a word of advice to everyone here, ladies check your breasts on a regular basis, and go to a doctor if you find even the smallest hint of anything. It will save your life. Okay, rant finished! To get back on topic, I wore and still wear the racer back style of bras. They seem to fit my cup size better than others, and they are very comfortable for sleeping.
    9 wonderful extra years , A lot of things have changed in 9 yrs, my Doctor was able to remove the tumor which was next to my left nipple, he did a magnifacent job, I have a small indentation accross the darker part of the breast, he also removed 20 lymph nodes and on of them had a tumor, as you said we are not well represented by the people talking and collecting money for breast cancer research, Girls for every 100 females 1 male will get the cancer, if you feel a lump or some thing different, let your doctor know asap, I did and Im here 2 years later Thanks JERE for the reply Love Charolette cancer free 2 yrs