Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How manny of you regreat not starting sooner ?

Non, je ne regrette rien.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

I couldn't have really started dressing earlier. Unless I would have been clad in pink diapers.

Although, I wish I would have pursued transition in my teens/twenties. I honestly didn't have any idea what was really wrong with me for a long time.
    Change is inevitable, growth is optional.

how many of you regret not started !

Not me ..I started at age 7 with a pair of nylons ( no pantyhose avaiilable.
    i am now 52 and lov my total girl time

Melissa

Unhappy

Good question.

"When did this start?" was the first question a psychiatrist asked me.... So to me its an explosive question.

pm
    "Princess" was on a shirt given to me by a cd who barely knew me. I purged it, but kept the nickname to remind me of the kindess.

Well, like everyone else here, I've been CDing sense childhood, and like most of us, I had the guilt/shame issues for most of my life. Ive finally accepted myself for who I really am, wish I'd have done that sooner, like 20 years ago. I knew there were a few others like me out there, but I still felt like a freak. I've wanted to transition, at least to some degree, all my adult life, but the info just wasn't available to me. I was going in and out of denial enough to not make the serious effort to find the info, but it kept coming back again. I'm 51 and just starting down the transition road, I can't help but think how much further I'd be now if I'd started after my divorce 7 years ago, much less if i'd started in my 20s. Having said that, I have to look forward, cause I can't go back to then.
    So, yes, I wish I'd have started sooner!
    Amber

The woman inside me Kathryn Philips's Avatar
    I really wish I had known then (12 yrs ago) how much I need to dress nowadays and how little opportunities I actually have due to my unaccepting wife. Perhaps then I would have made other decisions about how to lead my life.
    xxx
    Kathryn

Waiting for my upgrade to Female

I don;t regreat not starting sooner I regreat not doing more. All my life I thought I was wrong for wanting to wear womans clothes Look what we had norman bates! if you cross dressed you were either nuts or gay. I told my wife yet again I liked wearing womans clothes she did not believe me until she found a bra and panty hose she also saw me on this site. I love to get dressed up as a woman. there wll be no stopping me from wanting me to get dressed as a women. even though I can never A) be a woman and B) when I get dressed I still look like a man. It is just who I am.

i too wished i had started sooner. i had many chances but I was afraid to take the next step. Now as i grow more "mature' i'm glad to come out and let the world see the real me.Take care Joanna Renee'

Starting sooner? My missed opportunity.

Before I really understood the significance of the difference between boys and girls, I gravitated toward playing with other little girls when I was a pre-schooler. When I was 7 through12 years old, my dad worked for a department store. His job required that he had to work afterhours and when the store was closed. He was the window dresser like the movie "Mannequin". I would always go with him so I could try on all of the girls clothes when he wasn't looking. One time my Mom showed up and caught me. But I never really went all the way, so to speak. But I took every opportunity that I could to wear girls clothes. I had an aunt that I loved dearly. While my parents were quick to deny what must have been obvious, my aunt seemed to want to encourage me. Stupid me. I resisted. I guess I wasn't willing to admit that I was not normal even to someone who had me figured out. One summer, when I was 13 or 14 my aunt asked my parents if I could come spend the summer break with her in another city. My parents gave their blessing but I decided to stay home instead. Somewhere in my pea brain, I think I knew what she wanted to do. But I remember being afraid. Now, many years later, that has to be one of the biggest regrets of my life. It was probably 15 years later before I finally did the whole nine yards. That first time was amazing. I remember looking in the mirror for the first time and I couldn't believe that I was really the girl in the mirror looking back at me.

I think starting a the age of 5 or 6 is early enough
    But as far as accepted my crossdressing
    Six months ago
    I just don't have fun -- I make the fun

Life's too short........Enjoy every day

My mom told me I first discovered myself when I was a little "girl" about 6 or 7 years old so I couldn't have started much earlier. However, I do wish I had found out that I was a TS sooner. I think my life would have been much different and happier.
    Kisses, Linda

Wink Hi girls

I couldn`t have started any sooner,I can`t remember a time when i didn`t dress up.I`ve wanted to be a girl from day one.-Angela E.

Smile my earliest memories

I dont know exactly what age i started wanting to be a girl as since my earliest memorys I have wanted to be a girl and wear girls clothes so I guess about 2 or 3 years old ?

Love '' Nishababe uk''

I wish that I would have dressed more in college, it would have been so much easier to join groups and meet others in person. I think that had understood why I dress more and I would have come to terms with myself sooner and had more support and confidence today.

Christie

I think this is right on target, wish I would accept sooner

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina View Post
    Sometimes I wish I started sooner, or rather, accepted sooner. But other times I think that if I accepted sooner, I would probably be farther down the spectrum than just a CDer. I'm not sure if I would be happier there or not.
    tiffany

Formerly lisameaghan :) Lisa Maren's Avatar

I regret it!

Oh, good gawd, how I wish I could have started at the very beginning. I was using mom"s pantyhose starting not later than age three, but there were never any girls clothes around. I totally wish (now) that one of the girls living nearby when I was a kid would have dressed me up or that I had sisters and more of them so that I could have started earlier. Every time I see a beautiful dress for a young girl I feel so nostalgic and wish that I could have worn such pretty clothes.

Hugs,
    Lisa
    [SIZE="1"]What lies behind me and what lies before me are tiny matters compared to the girl who lies within me.
    -- A twist on Ralph Waldo Emerson

To know what you prefer instead of humbly saying Amen to what the world tells you you ought to prefer, is to have kept your soul alive.
    -- Robert Louis Stevenson

Ubi dubium, ibi libertas. (Where there is doubt, there is freedom.)
    -- Latin Proverb
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I always wanted to start but never had the guts to actually do it. You dont know how bad I wanted to, but things work out as they do. I might not have ended up with the wonderfull family I have right now. So, from that aspect I guess I would have to say things are working out just fine. Who knows what might have changed had I acted on my desires years ago. I didnt really start to dress until I was 41, now 42

I did!!! I wish that I had started way back when I was young and my skin was tight.....now I'm old, baggy and cranky!

[SIZE=3]It's not so much starting sooner, rather the point at which I actually came to terms with crossdressing itself.

I was into my thirties when i became "comfortable" with my crossdressing, but then I entered a relationship with a GG, so I repressed my urge to crossdress for nine years. Now that the relationship is over, I have returned to my crossdressing with a vengenance and I now know that I am transgender which is substantially more than just wearing femme clothes!

So I wish I had reached this point in life sooner - where i'm happy about who and what I am.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love And Devotion To My Online Family

I'm outa the closet, but still inda house!

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    MJ most us girls have a lot of wishes we wish we had gotten to sooner! Oh if only this and that. That is okay, we just need to make the most of our lives from here on. That is what I am planning to do!

Eileen
    Ditto's

Aspiring Member

Yes I sure do!

I do wish i ahd begun when i was little.

Little girls clothing back then was so cute I wish I had been born i a family that would have accepted this!

Stuff would have been much better if it had been that way but then back in the 1950's that was very kind of hushed up pity really the girls fashions weere so very nu\ice back then oh well.

Just maybe I can yet still wear them now hmmm right!

Jay Suzy!