Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you're worried about going out especially for the first time, this could help!

If you're worried about going out especially for the first time, this could help!

Whether you want to venture out for the first time but wonder how you will be viewed by people that see you, or if you think you are not passable enough, then you may be interested to know, that there is a place where nobody will take the slightest notice unless you are particularly stunning.

Where is this place? Before I tell you - I'll give you the link in a moment but when you go to the site, have a good look around. There are lots to click on for information about everything you could possibly want to know. Then come back here and lets discuss it in more detail. I'm thinking of going next summer and wouldn't it be great if some of us could meet up there? So have a look and let me know what you think. Here's the link: http://www.mykonos.net/gay_mykonos.htm

Come back and discuss.

Bianca.

Professional Consumer Rebecca Petersen's Avatar

Okay...

I guess if you are Gay, this would be the ultimate place to be. If not, I personally don't see the appeal.
    Rebecca
    Due to budget cutbacks, we have found it necessary to turn off the light at the end of the tunnel.

Rebecca, that is not really the issue - the point is that we can walk about all day if we like without a care in the world. How many girls just want to get out and walk about. Especially walking among people. Who cares if the others are gay or not. We can be more relaxed walking out alone. Especially for the girls who feel they are not quite passable, I'd be supprised if any gays would laugh or shout out at them. No, most would just ignore you and that's fine. You would be free to enjoy yourself and do whatever you please. Even more fun if you were in a small group.

Bianca.

How is that different than taking a stroll through the Castro, Capital Hill, Dupont Circle or any other metropolitan gay neighborhood? (Minus the fact that you're not in Greece and didn't pay $1,200 to do it )

Good to know though. I knew Mykonos was big among the gay travelers but wow.

Nice, but ...

... there are plenty of places just like that in the US. 175 girls and SO's did exactly that in P'town last week at Fantasia Fair. then there are the may conferences where 100's are out an about.

Greece is nice, always wanted to go there, but there is plenty to do here. Ever been to Key West?

Most people like a holiday (vacation) in the summer Brianna, it would be a different kind of holiday (vacation) which I thought a lot of girls would like to know about.

Bianca

I think it would be a fun trip. but it won't be in my travel plans any time soon. I also don't belive the wife would like it. I want to take her back to Vegas now that was fun and I did spend a day out as paula. their is kinda a funny story that goes along with that day too.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

Did Mykonos (and Ios and Santorini) two years ago with a bunch of friends...not quite as cool as Ibiza (last year's trip), but a lot of fun.

After going to places like those, I have no desire to visit any more American tourist destinations (like Vegas), except ski towns. Next year I'm planning on Corfu...trying to get in all of the Euro resorts in before I'm too old to appreciate loud techno and drunk British girls.
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

My only problem is I was in the Marine Corp if I get spotted by one of my friends
    from work. The Other Marines I work With will give me a Blanket Party no Questions asked. I am thinking about going to the P-town down the cape.
    and take a chance down there.

I could see going to a place like that and lying out in my bikini in peace and quiet.....I can see the attraction!!!
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

I guess it's okay if you want to travel and spend the money. Sort of reminds me of "Southern Comfort" or P Town in the USA. Myself, I prefer the "challenge" of being Ericka around here. I find I can do more about educating people about what we are all about and getting to know people to show them we are not a bunch of "freaks"and are regular people after all. Still, if you have the money and like to travel, I guess it would be a nice diversion and "get away". Go for it if you can, Hon. Ericka/Rich

Thanks for all your comments. Tclosetgirl, echoed my own feelings exactly. And yes, there are other places that you can go. Some have mentioned P-Town in the US but I'm from the UK and am not familiar with it. OK, there are places in and around London that you can do the same thing, but the Greek Islands has a certain magic all of its own - so laid-back and carefree and relaxed, and of course, the wonderful climate. You might need to watch out for the occasional mosquito or two that takes a fancy to flying up your your dress at night though.

Bianca.

Aspiring Member Christina Nicole's Avatar
    Don't see the point. I'm not gay, not interested in another guy. OK, maybe I could make an argument for being a lesbian. But I'm already taken. I go out as much as I'd like right here at home and I don't need to get on a plane or decide what to pack.

Warm regards,
    Christina Nicole

Nothing personal, but I'd rather go to the grocery store or the mall with the wife. I guess if that's your thing, More power to you. I don't have a sharp stick to poke at anyone. It's just not my thing...BJ

It appears that a lot of girls here have not read or fully understood my posting, correctly. It is to help girls on their first time outings - even the ones that would never attempt it because they feel that they would never pass. But apart from them, going to any of the Greek Islands, for me, is like nowhere else, and I wonder whether any of the girls that are not for the idea, have ever actually been there.

why go all the way to greece? I guarantee you could walk around san francisco and not get one stare.

Hi Bianca,

I bet you wondered why you bothered posting !!

Well done for bothering to think about others though..

I live not too far away (a plane or boat ride) and reckon that London is the capital of the world-and especially the tranny capital

You've got it all on yopur doorstep gurl !

Suck it up.. I'll be over in December to doll up for the way out Christmas party so who knows -we may even bump into each other

Keep up the positive posts
    xx

Hi trannynikki,

You read my mind. I wish I had never bothered now and yes, I was only thinking of helping others but never mind. Some people wrongly assume that you have to be gay in order to go to Mykonos and although there are other places to go, I just though it might be of interest to some. My intentions were good anyway.

Bianca.

we strive for perfection tall sam's Avatar
    In and around the UK - no commiting here!
    Bi Bianca

Good to know there are some girls out there who are so concerned and keen to help - well done. I have only recently been out for the first time and personally I dont think I would go to a holiday destination to do it for the first time, especially a gay one. I was over in Canada on business and stopped in at Toronto. The city centre is open territory for us CD's. It was a great evening and ther are pleanty of clubs were you feel welcome. Being 6'6' means that I am noticed and it is not easy to blend in. The strangest comments/chirps I got were from the gays, the best treatement and respect I got was from other girls (genetic girls) and other CD's, TV's

Been to Mykanos a couple of times not aware of any TV or CD activity although gays everywhere. Agree would be a super spot for "girls" to gather and have super time out together.

LOL

Lyndaxx

Hi Tall Sam,

thanks for your post. Yes a lot for genetic girls will show respect and of course, other CDs. Usually, the gays will just look through you as though you're not there. But that's fine with me.

Thanks also to Lynda Jane Hamilton. I agree, it would be great to be together in a bunch and do the town together. I bet we would have some good laughs.

Bianca.

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Christina Nicole View Post
    Don't see the point. I'm not gay, not interested in another guy. OK, maybe I could make an argument for being a lesbian. But I'm already taken. I go out as much as I'd like right here at home and I don't need to get on a plane or decide what to pack.

Warm regards,
    Christina Nicole
    [SIZE="3"]Christina what part of Jersey do you live in, yes I live here too, and yes I go out often but not mainstream alot. Its nice to pack a bag and jet off to some exotic island and leave Jersey behind, I do go to Sandy Hook and nude sunbath there but the waters of the NYC bay can not compare to the blue Mediterranean. It's nice to dream, and let the gyspy in me run free. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

Hi Biannca,

Yes, I misunderstood at first. I've never been to Mykonos, but I've been to Santorini, Ios and Naxos and yes, they are magical. Maybe next time I'll take a bikini

-b

Hi Brianna,

I think most people now understand what I was on about regarding Mykonos, but I must admit, I could have worded it better in the beginning. So, slap on the wrist Bianca!

If anyone is up for going to Mykonos for a week, around May next year, let me know and I'll start a new thread on it.

Bianca.