Thread: who else

who else

When you were little for me that would be in the fifties did you use to go to the underwear section of those big old sears cataloque's and dream about all those pretty thing's and how lucky the girl's were.

Quote Originally Posted by justabit View Post
    When you were little for me that would be in the fifties did you use to go to the underwear section of those big old sears cataloque's and dream about all those pretty thing's and how lucky the girl's were.
    Girl do you bring back memories! I think I practically memorized the tantalizing pages of that catalog. I think it taught me everything about what I wanted as far a female clothing was concerned. And, unlike most of the catalogs of today, it had about anything you could want. If I'm not mistaken, back in the forties you could buy homes ready to assemble and cars also. I sure hated to see it go....
    Vivian

That was the most risque thing in the house, except for a Japanese book with photos of topless pearl divers. American women in their underwear did much more to shape me than those from other nations in National Geographic. And it's not just the undies and the prurient interest surrounding puberty. I realized early on that there's more variety, more options, more ways to express yourself through clothing as a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivian Best View Post
    Girl do you bring back memories! I think I practically memorized the tantalizing pages of that catalog. I think it taught me everything about what I wanted as far a female clothing was concerned. And, unlike most of the catalogs of today, it had about anything you could want. If I'm not mistaken, back in the forties you could buy homes ready to assemble and cars also. I sure hated to see it go....
    Sears houses were sold in packages during the twenties and thirties that I know, with anything you wanted from the paint, nails and bath tub. Toledo is full of them. In the late fifties you could buy a car called an "Allstate" on the floor of Sears. It was really a "Henry J" built by Henry Kaiser here in Toledo and re-badged. When in the early sixties they sold a motor scooter and small CC motor cycle called an "Allstate Cruiser". Yes and I didn't know a boy who didn't spend time looking over the ladies section in the catalogs. I still do although they are not as reveling as they once were. I'm just trying to see what styles there are out there that will fit this gurl. I just don't know what I would have had for an excuse if my mom confronted me with looking at the catalog.

yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,ye s,yes,yes,yes,
    yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes o ooo yes and those girls
    are lucky i wish it was my job poseing with underwear on !!!!!!

ohhh Yeahhh

I'd almost completely forgotten about that.... And I would spend hours going over the new Sears and Roebuck cataloge when it arrived in the mail... First priority was the lingerie. Then the guitars then the funky looking motor bikes... Lol. Surprised my Mom didn't pickup on the fact that the lingerie pages were all dog-eayer before she got to see them. Hehehe. Of maybe she did?

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Oh yes. I was an avid Sears catalog viewer--the girdles, the bras, the panties, the slips, the shoes. As a matter of fact, one of my most successful ways to shop was to take pages from those catalogs to a big catalog store in Seattle and show the sales person what I wanted. At that time, I told all kinds of stories about shopping for my invalid mother or my wife in the hospital or some such ridiculous thing.
    Sears really did have practically everything. But to me the best were those sections of the catalogs with all the women's apparel. I would spend hours dreaming of the things I would buy and wear.
    warmly, Linnea

Yes, I still look through the sales ads just to see whats out there that I am missing.

Christie

[SIZE="4"]YES! YES! and God YES![/SIZE]
    Be still my heart :luvu: :luvu: :luvu:
    Hugs,

Teddie

Oddly enough No

I wore the dam thing out looking at them.

I used to love going shopping with my mom. walking through the racks and everything was eye high! It was a maze of everything I wanted but dare not mention.

Smile

Sears was definitely the catalog. I spent many hours reading every description.

I also remember the advent of Lingerie Parties. We had a franchise in the Boston area and I remember going to a sales rep's house for a special party for just myself. Back then (in the early 80's) I bought my first camisole and tap pants. It was call "Toast of the Town". It was wonderful, but more importantly, the personal attention this young lady gave me was wonderful. She kept bringing in outfits she thought I would like. I left broke but returned a few months later because of the experience. What great memories. Thanks for the reminder!

I was torn between the Sears and the Penny's catalogs. Picked up quite a bit of stuff from both of them.

I have to admit that I did. I still do to only with all of the other catalogs

I did the same thing myself as I grew up in the 1970's, although I seem to recall placing a higher emphasis on the women's shoe section! LOL
    "poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another." Madonna "Justify My Love"

Yes I did

My first pair of breast forms were from a sears catalog. They were very expensive, but that was before I had a computer to find all the wonderful things in "Online world"

My wife knows I love to look at Victoria Secrets Catalogs and most other womens catalogs. The other day she came home with the winter JCPenny Catalog. She drops it in my lap and says, "They have a great womens section". I quickly got my reading glasses out. LOL.
    GOD....the old Sears catalogs were like Playboys to me. I could not wait for the next one to come out, so I could see what the newest fashions were and such. The Valentine issue was always my favorite.

Jeez,does all this bring back memories.I used to hide out with our Sears and Speigel catalogs back in the mid-sixties.I would sit around enthralled with the fashions and the lingerie.I felt a bit jealous that those girls got to wear that stuff and I didn't.I would take a half an hour or more to try to dream up a way to order in some of that stuff with my miniscule little kid's savings but I knew that there was just no way to sneak those things into our house past my Mom and Dad.But it all evens out because I found out after another 10 years went by that I could buy all sorts of stuff at Malls,Department stores, etc..But those old catalogs were jampacked with all sorts of goodies .I think J.C.Penney still does a catalog,but online shopping has put those old catalogs out of business.Samantha

I still do

I must be dreaming
    I was just remembering those days yesterday and how much I was mesmerized by the lingerie images. They still do that for me but I go to Internet sites now.

Kay

Silver Member
    OMG Yes!!!

Those thick books used to end up down in the basement for years of viewing pleasure.

Now that I'm old enough to wear anything I want, the catalogs don't seem to hold the same appeal, but back then? WOW!!!

Lovies,
    Stephenie

When you were little for me that would be in the fifties did you use to go to the underwear section of those big old sears catalogues' and dream about all those pretty thing's and how lucky the girl's were.
    It's was back in the 50s for me also. I would do more than look. I use to take an appropriate size picture of me, cut out my just my face and than transpose it over the models in the catalogs. Spend hours fantizing wearing those clothes.
    Ya I know it's strange, but I'm better now.
    I Think

Wards

Hey,
    We must have been from the po side a town. We just had the monkey wards (Montgumery Wards)catalogs. I didn't get much into the under things, I wanted the dresses and skirts.
    Last edited by Krystenw; 11-02-2006 at 01:49 PM.

Yes, in the late 1970s I would look at the Sears catalog and imagine wearing the cotton panties and matching cotton bras. And I was just a kid. Unfortunately a boy, not a girl. Now I daydream of wearing a skirt suit.

Princess Michelle
    "Princess" was on a shirt given to me by a cd who barely knew me. I purged it, but kept the nickname to remind me of the kindess.