Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When sales assistants embarrass you...

Banned Read only

When sales assistants embarrass you...

I find sometimes like today, when assistants embarrass and tease me for buying fem items I hate it and cannot wait to leave the store, yet other times I find it quite a buzz and love it.

Anyone else find this too?

I'm never embarased....more often if anyone is embarased its the SA.....and that doesn't happen very often any more!! But it is fun to play with their minds!!! .

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

No... sorry. If I get a right one serving me they just get my trade mark evil eye... and tust me you know when you've been Golightlyed
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I'm never embarased....more often if anyone is embarased its the SA.....and that doesn't happen very often any more!! But it is fun to play with their minds!!! .

Love Karren
    I need more 'amunition' to have on hand to use for when this happens... give me some ideas about how you might play with their minds!

Right now, I just smile and continue on my way, but I'd LOVE to be able to turn the tables somehow and make the SA feel uncomfortable for her actions.

Embarrassed

I believe the only way to be embarrassed is to care what the sales assistant thinks of you. Usually, the sales assistant is a stranger. When it comes right down to it why should give that person the power to embarrass you? I think one time a sales clerk was ringing up a bra and thong set for me and asked "Are thes e for you?" I said, "No, they are a present for my grandmother."....She didn't say anything else.

The other day I stopped at the local Walgreens to pickup some comestics. This SA walked up and asked if I need any assistance in a loud voice. I told her I need some foundation. I was l already holding some eye shadow and lipstick. She looked at me and quitely asked if those was for me. I said yes, she then cleared her throat and in a quiter voice said " Well lets see what we have that matches your skin tone". We looked and chatted away about how this or that foundation covers better and how they come in different prices. When we found all that I needed, she said " I can check you out over here". she checked me out and said "Have a nice evening". I thanked her and left.

one time a sales clerk was ringing up a bra and thong set for me and asked "Are thes e for you?" I said, "No, they are a present for my grandmother."....She didn't say anything else.[/QUOTE]

I like that one I hope to be able to use it one day. One time I was buying vasoline for my wife and the lady behind the counter snapped at me, is this for you? so I actully snapped back not its for my wife. is that ok with you.

Olive

Vasoline??? when did it become a crime to buy vasoline. That's not a gender specific item is it?? IMO that woman's mine was in the gutter!

Jennifer
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

are you kidding? Sales assistants really shouldn't ask any sort of question like that. I don't think you'd get that sort of thing in the UK, they'd probably just avoid eye contact and then tell all their workmates as soon as you're gone.
    Oh, I see blue skies through the tears in my eyes.

no its not a crime but sometimes people have a chip on thier shoulder.
    holloween night when I bought some things for myself I could tell by the way she was looking at me she wanted to say something

Wink

I agree with Priscilla Ann.You can`t be embarassed unless you care what the s.a. thinks. I know it can be very scary when you first start to buy clothing makeup etc.But don`t let these idiots intimidate you.Really it`s their problem. Love,Angela E.

I agree with those respondents who have said that it only matters if you care about the SA's opinion. I used to care, but I don't any more. I've used the "it's for my wife/grandmother/daughter/friend, etc." But now, if I really felt hassled, I would ask to speak with a manager. Most shops want satisfied customers regardless of gender preferences. If you're shopping and not doing anything that is immoral or illegal--crossdressing or buying items for crossdressing is neither--than you have every right to expect and get the same courtesy as any other customer gets. If you don't, then you have a right to complain. Of course, this may call attention to you and you may not want that, so you have to decide if it's worth that. My experience has been very good when I've just selected what I want or asked for assistance to find what I want, SA's are usually very helpful and not in the least derogarory (not to my face--either of them, femme or not).
    warmly, Linnea

Any Sales Person who gives any kind of static to a paying customer is not very bright. You have the ultimate word. Put your money away, leave the items on the counter and walk out of the store, perhaps after telling the manager why you changed your mind on a sale.
    "My Mother wanted me to find a nice girl..so I became one."

I have gotten so much better at buying clothes and rarely get any negative looks or remarks, of coarse I'm careful about which places I purchase from.

Quote Originally Posted by heathr1 View Post
    I find sometimes like today, when assistants embarrass and tease me for buying fem items I hate it and cannot wait to leave the store, yet other times I find it quite a buzz and love it.

Anyone else find this too?

I did have a young SA in WM make a comment about my nails when I was checking out.
    The conversation went something like this:
    SA "Why do you have your nails colored?"
    BL "Because I like them this way".
    SA "I bet you have a wig too".
    BL "Yes, honey, I have a wig and dresses, skirts, panties and bras too".

The SA's mouth slowly dropped open as I spoke and she was blushing, then she regained her composure and handed me my receipt, and stammered "have a nice day".

I too have had good experiences with SAs in WalGreens, they've always been very helpful and discreet.

I am not ashamed to be a crossdresser. When I buy women's clothing while I rarely announce that it is for me I do not deny it either. SA's have commented that it is nice of me to buy something for my wife, I have then told them it is for myself. If you are up front and honest with the SA's they will either be very happy to help you or be so embarrassed that they will say nothing.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

It always seems to be the older woman that treat us like leperds theay just dont understand the world today. when I run into the rude saleperson I ask them why/ DO YOU STAY IN A JOB THAT YOU ARE SO BAD AT. and just waite for a answer that seems to shut them up.
    huggs jennig

Sometime's dont you wish SA's would just do their job and keep their mouth shut? I do that's why I mostly purchase stuff online. I get to nervous to buy alot of women's stuff while out. That's why I keep a P.O. Box handy.

Banned Read only
    I must have been born without an embarass gene, nothing embarasses me! If I feel that a salesperson is the least bit out of line, I pepper them with endless questions about the products, the department, and whatever else I can think of to make them sweat a little. On the other hand, those jerks are few and far between in my experience, shopping both en femme and en drab.

Well lord knows I was born with an embarrass gene, but at the same time I have never had the first problem shopping for fem clothes, makeup or whatever - whether in drab or femme. Maybe I am just lucky?
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f

never be embarrass to a sales assistant. you are buying an item in that shop, nothing else, they should ring up that item take your money bag it and say thank you.
    they are there to sale clothes not to embarrass you. The next time when it happens ask her whats the differents in men buying womens clothes and women buying mens clothes. And say it loud enough for the hole shop to hear you. Then see who would be embarrass.
    Love as always Jasminexxxxxxxx

Banned Read only
    Many Sales Associates receive comissions and/or bonuses based on sales $$$. I have found that many are happy to serve us, if for no other reason than the simple fact that a CD will spend money with PEOPLE who treat them well. Obviously, in thrift stores, we're not going to be dealing with Rhodes Scholars, so being mindful of where we are in addition to being comfortable with who we are will make moving through the interactions more fluid and stress free.

When in doubt, smile and be kind. It often disarms passive-aggressive hostility, which is the only type of aggression we will ever experience from a sales associate. They like and/or need their jobs far more than they need to assault that which they may not understand.

Banned Read only
    Only one time have I had one say anything. I was a Kmart and was getting a pair of womans jeans I also grabbed a cute pink top and a bra in my size off the clearence rack. After she was done ringing me up and saying the usual "thank you for shopping at Kmart" she handed me my bag and said "you are going to look cute in you new outfit"

I just smiled and said "I know, thank you".

If the SA is rude, I second the comment that you should consider asking to see the manager. I'm not sure what I'd say to the manager, maybe something along the line of, "This salesclerk was rude to me, I can only assume it's because she doesn't think I should be a customer at YOUR store. You've lost a sale AND a customer today, and I'll be sure to tell my friends about the poor treatment here and that you'd rather have the right people than good sales." Then leave the items on the counter and leave. If it were me, I'd be tempted to refuse the manager's first attempt at apologizing in the form of a discount, for it's not about the money, it's about the people.

Banned Read only
    The only time I get embarrassed is when the SA is a foxy chick, and my guy feelings start kicking in.

I usually look around for some old lady SA, whose opinion doesn't matter to me.