Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about Heel Height

Question Question about Heel Height

Hello,

I love wearing high heels everytime I dress, or sometimes I just wear them around the house while the rest of me is drab. Most of my heels are in the 3" - 4" range (some more comfortable than others). My question is... I'm 5'9" barefoot. With 3-inch heels I woul be 6'1". How odd does it look wearing 3-inch heels with my height?

Christine

Hi Christine,
    I wear heels about the same height as you, and would say that it is not so uncommon these days for girls to have height. At a gig on Saturday night, I found that a good portion of girls were taller than me in their heels. I'm 5"10 by the way and still have to look up at some gg's. I'm glad to see that higher heels seem to be in fashion this season!

Heels and jeans rule! Rachael Turner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine Davis View Post
    Hello,

I love wearing high heels everytime I dress, or sometimes I just wear them around the house while the rest of me is drab. Most of my heels are in the 3" - 4" range (some more comfortable than others). My question is... I'm 5'9" barefoot. With 3-inch heels I woul be 6'1". How odd does it look wearing 3-inch heels with my height?

Christine
    You'll be fine at 3-4". I'm 5'7" and wear 2" for everyday stuff and 4" for nights out.

Hi Christine,

I'm 5'9" as well and when I'm out, wearing a skirt suit, or a dress. I usually wear 3" or 4" heels. Even wearing jeans or pants I have 3" heels on. And I don't tower over other girls. There's lots of girls out there that are our height,
    and wear heels.

Huggs, Renee

Heels

It's not the height so much as it is what you are doing in them, Hon. Doing housework in heels of any heighth is not for the "faint of heart", June Cleaver notwithstanding. Personally, I don't wear heels unless the occassion calls for it and then I think twice about what I'm going to be doing and where I will be going. Very rarely do I dance in 'em but have done it. You have to have experience doing that, otherwise it's very easy to take a "nosedive". Depends on how feminine you need to look and feel. Ericka/Rich

There aren't many 6 foot Amazons of my age (62), but I have noticed that a lot of younger girls are quite tall these days (around and over 6ft), and they still wear their stilettoes to the office or for a night out. Personally, I like tall girls, and they have legs that go on for ever!!!

Christine, it's down to geometry, but 3" heels will only add about 2.5" to your height, and the effect gets less as heel height rises. You're pretty much on tip-toes with 5" heels, so a step up to 6" (if you can still walk in them) will make little difference to your height, but vastly increases the "Wow" and fetish factor. Of course, you do get the full effect of any platform sole thickness.

We had a thread devoted to this a few months back, but I can't find it now. Sorry.

Tony

heel height

I find that up to 4 inch heels in a regular pump are ook, but when I go to a slingback or a mule about 2 1/2 inches is the limit.

SamanthaSatine

Heels

Hi there, I am six ft tall without heels, love 4 inch heels, never think of how tall this makes me - just rely on others I am with to advise if doesn't suit/look ok - am sissy satin maid at times so have to be high heels - lowest are two inch - have been told to try five to six inch - wow - so think it all depends on you - how you feel in them and others you are with - tall girls do exist, curtsey xxx

If you like them and they feel good, I say have fun!

Jen

Silver Member
    Heels are fun, but as was mentioned above, you need to think about about where you are and what you are doing. Unless you work in a posh office, heels are rarely worn during the day. Going clubbing? Wear what ever you want. Or whatever you can. Unless your entire desire is to call attention to yourself (ie. you are 16 years old or want to act 16) heels are not worn to the mall, supermarket, or postoffice.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

soulmate of Mrs.M...GG Victoria Anne's Avatar

Smile

Christine; I am 5'9" as well and I see nothing wrong in a 3-4" heel, it is the height I prefer and in the end its what you like dear not what anyone else thinks. Have fun!

On the road of discovery ... learning to be the woman I have always been.

Http://photobucket.com/viccy

I am 5'9" and wear 3" and 4" heels when I go out. I wear heels to the mall with no problem. When at the mall, I wear nice pants or jeans and find that I don't stand out when wearing heels. Just walk tall with your head up, your shoulders back and enjoy.

Jodi

After my last post I started thinking about the heels I have and figured I could always use a new pair. I just got a really cute red skirt and can use some red heels to go with it. I always tend to wear black, but why not live a little on the wild side and get something else. I checked out the Payless website and they are having a 30% off sale on the hottest pumps with 3 ½” stacked heels, and they come in red! I am out of town right now but as soon as I get home I am making a bee-line to Payless and getting a pair. I’ll probably stop on my way from the airport because I can’t wait

The only thing better than a nice pair of new heels, is a nice pair of new heels on sale.

Hugs,
    Jen

Silver Member
    darling---wear whatever height you like----the taller you are the more commanding(and seducing) your presence will be. after all the men will go weak in their knees in your presence and will be looking up at you from a kneeling position.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post
    Heels are fun, but as was mentioned above, you need to think about about where you are and what you are doing... heels are not worn to the mall, supermarket, or postoffice.

Lovies,
    Stephenie
    Where I live, I see a large percentage of the female population wearing heels out and about - ESPECIALLY to the mall. Granted, most of the ones wearing heels are under 40, but they're out there. It more depends on the TYPE of heels.

Julie

I usually wear 2" heels, but I do have a pair of 3.5" slingbacks that look great with my LBD. I am 5' 9" and don't look bad in them at all. When my wife used to wear heels, she wore 3 - 3.5" heels and she too is 5' 9".

hot patootie,bles my soul marisa's Avatar
    My shoes range from 1.5" to 6" and my boots are always around the 4" mark. I am 5'7 and half. Is it a good thing when walking around that I almost feel like I'm walking flat footed? I wear a size 10 so when I find a pair of shoes or boots that fit good I will grab and run. I agree, wear what you like and feel comfortable in Christine. take care, Marisa

Up here in the Northwest we have alot of Nordic stock so the gals are pretty tall and 6 feet is not that out of place. Also men and women are taller than say 10 15 years ago.

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Yuo are OK with that height of heel, depending on how you are dressed, where you are and how you handle those heels.
    All rather difficult things to get just right
    Just do it when you are sure you can handle them, the rest folows
    ~Samm
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

Thanks all for your replies. I'm starting to go out more and more, but I wasn't sure about the heel height. I'm wearking 3" loafers with boot-cut jeans and a nice top. I see GG's wearing similar outfits. I even walked up next to a GG at Wal-Mart. I pretended to be checking out the B-Day cards with her, but instead I was checking her out. (her height that is). We were about the same height. She had heels on and I was en drab. That was what got me thinking.

But after reading your replies, I think that I will be OK. Thanks to you all. Victoria Ann... thanks for your reply... "in the end its what you like dear not what anyone else thinks"

Just a woman, period joanlynn28's Avatar
    I'm just your average 5'9" t-girl and for me its about a 1-1/2 to 2 inch heels during the day, but evening and for special occasions I favor anything up to 3-1/2 inch heels. I could wear taller heels but anything more than 3-1/2 inches hurt my knees. Old skiing injury is to blame for that.
    Joan Lynn

Just a girl stranded on her little red island amongst a lovely sea of blue.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, for those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

I've found that the heel height is more about how comfortable I feel or how easy I can navigate in them. Being too tall is not a concern as it's more important to how I feel.

I'm 6'2" and regularly wear 5" heels, god only knows how tall they make me

I'm 5'10" and I wear anywhere from 4" to 6" heels. I love them!

Intolerant of intolerance Blonde's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine Davis View Post
    Hello,

Christine
    I am 5'11" and wear 4" heels.... ok ok so I look like an amazon, but I do like my high heels.