Thread: Breast forms and airport security

Breast forms and airport security

Anyone have experience with wearing breast forms through airport security?

I will be traveling at the end of the month and would like to wear my C Cup forms under my (male) clothes while traveling. My concern is the security screen since they make you remove your sweatshirt and this will make the forms apparent and may cause an awkward scene.

Since they x-ray hand luggage, it seems hiding them in my travel bag is not an option either. I can just picture the security personal waving my forms around as others look on.

I wouldn't even bother taken them unless they're foam or a solid substance. As if they're gel or any kind of liquid then they'll get the attention of good old security and they'll assume the worse! i.e. C4 (explosive) etc.

Thus you may just cause yourself a whole lotta hassle.

Thats my

well sarah

i dont know about wearing them but in the bag they should be pretty okay,

last year i flew to georgia and back, (i too am in chicago) flew from o'hare..
    and even with metal in my pockets and cans of compressed gas in my bag, they didnt check it thoroughly , or myself..

i think if you have them safely wrapped in something in your bag tucked away where they cant get damaged or easily accessed they should not even show up on an xray as an object of interest

even if they did, i dont know when you plan to go but lines at o'hare can get pretty messy and i doubt that they would go through the trouble of embarrasing you infront of everybody for kicks, who knows they might be a cd too! you really never know these days!

thats just my oppinion, i say try to do what you like to do, hell you might get a nervous kick out of trying to get them passed the gate!
    either way i hope you enjoy your trip wherever you go, and dont let the thoughts of what others might do get in the way of your having fun

yay for my first post!,
    safe trip! mind the turbulence..
    -Greg/Kat

p.s. kate! noir is an awesome series! (lol)
    Last edited by Cozy RaW; 11-08-2006 at 01:48 PM. Reason: jus noticed!

Don't do it

New law as of Sept. NO LIQUIDS OR GELS pass security gates all will be confiscated. If you want to take them pack them in your on broad bags not your carry on bags they will take them form you. and pull you aside.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Not your typical girl Lissa Stevens's Avatar
    You need to put them in Ziploc bags also. You can carry on liquids or gels less than 3 oz now. They must be in a ziploc bag also.
    [SIZE="2"]Melissa[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]I'm still standin'
    Better than I ever did
    Lookin' like a true survivor
    Feeling like a little kid
    [/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    Scanning is really tricky. Take Scope mouthwash, for example. I can't remember which is which, but the blue or green will set off alarms and they will check your bag if it is a carry on, while the other color does not trigger. Also, any lead cut crystal in carry on will also trigger and result in a bag search. On the other hand, I witnessed a rough looking guy travelling with two really hot youngish women, and I mean really hot. They opened his bag and there were several pairs of handcuffs and lots of rope. Passed them right through!

Just traveled 8,000 miles through many airports internationally. Gels are scrutinized and confiscated if now packaged correctly AND brought to the attention of security personnel.

If you want to take your breast forms, you probably can if you package them in large freezer type bags, clear transparent, and inform the security what it is you have. If you try to sneak them in you'll only cause embarrassment on yourself.

There are plenty of good reasons why people transport breast forms and it isn't against any laws, so use your head, have a story ready, (real or not...it's your decision) but it needs to be believeable. The best way is to simply tell the truth.

I think that I would sit down and cry if someone confiscated my forms. I certainly would not be taking any chances.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I have recently traveled by air and I went the conservative route and packed them in my checked bag that went into the cargo hold - no problem. I avoided wearing or carrying them in my carryon bag. I figured they wouldn't pass the 3 ounce gel rule and fit inside the 1-quart clear baggie they "recommend" for carry-on liquids and gels.

You might try e-mailing the airlines and ask what their and TSA/FAA policies are for wearing/carrying forms on board.

Jenna
    [SIZE="2"]There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. - George Sand[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Transportation Security Administration is not the best run agency in the government. Their screeners are not among the best and the brightest and are underpaid. An individual screener at one airport may or may not be aware of the latest policies and procedures. You are taking a chance everytime you are screened, a decent pair of forms is expensive, I wouldn't risk losing them.
    Have a good trip.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

If the sensors are that sensitive i just wonder what would happen to those who had breast implants (male or female!)
    'What the caterpillar perceives is the end, to the butterfly is just the beginning'