Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is dressing a motivation for weight control?

Absolutely! Lost about 20 pounds when I got into this, and whenever my weight starts to go back up I declare a crash program, shave down and spend a lot of time at the pool....I find the old Beverly Hills diet is a great shock weight loss program (you eat nothing but a pineapple the first day) and try to eat like a girl after that: Special K for breakfast, cottage cheese for lunch and lean cuisine for dinner. When I'm dressing I walk a lot (shop till I drop) and curiously, I only feel the urge to smoke when I'm dressed, a great way to curb my appetite.

Silver Member
    Ab****ely. I started my diet to look better and I keep on it for vanity.

There have been many healthy side effects, but I have to say the main reason is to be able to wear pretty clothes.

Steph

Im a guy who likes bras Theresa(TGirl)'s Avatar
    I have heard from people on tv about weighing your progress with a scale, and that helps, but not as much as how something fits on you, i think the guy was on "Oprah" and he said, "A little fat around the thighs might cost you a few dates, but won't hurt you as much as here", and when he said here he put his hands around his waist.

So don't go by the scale, but by the inches.
    *hugs and kisses*

Terri

the bmi

hi girls
    the body mass index scale for my height that's 5'8 the high end of the chart thats 25 bmi i would be 165 pounds now the low side is 18.5 and i would be 122 pounds the ideal bmi is 20 and thats 131 pounds i am at 178 pounds and i am still considered overweight but i am not sure how weight and dress seize work i am in a 10 at the moment so another 12 pounds might put me in a size 8 ?? not sure about that anyway i hope this helps... hugs mj
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

weight loss

i don't know of any better reason for weight loss!!!!! i love my Coors but am thinking of giving it up to look more fem......

Im a guy who likes bras Theresa(TGirl)'s Avatar
    ahh, if people can't handle a girl who can hold her own, instead of a girl who requires "something with an umbrella", they can go somewhere, cause being able to hold your own shows nothing more than a strong stomach (and maybe years of repitition)
    *hugs and kisses*

Terri

Banned Read only
    I keep my bmi at 25 - 26 the ideal range for the longest life.

MJ - 12 lbs less you wil be size 8. What's your height and how did you lose all your weight?

I could never sacrifice on food and I have to resort to workouts to lose weight. And I do enjoy the bad stuff!

I just make a note of what foods are bad to eat based on if they made me gain weight the day after. Sacrificing on food is just so hard to me!

So I suggest to all of you to try to burn it all off with exercise because its best for you in the long run and your metabolism won't be messed up because of food dieting. This has worked best for me and I can mostly still eat anything I want but I guess it's a real big hassle finding the time to workout especially if you work long hours or have a terrible drive to work.

Just a woman, period joanlynn28's Avatar
    Yeah, I do find that dressing is a big motivation towards maintaining weight and watching what you eat. But it is also beneficial for me because I do have a cholesterol and blood pressure problem that I keep in control. I could drop a few more pounds I weigh 156lbs on a 5'9" frame. But if I get down to 145lbs I start to look like Carlista Flockhart. Having a thin build does have its advantages, I wear size 8 pants but am a size 12 dress.
    Joan Lynn

Just a girl stranded on her little red island amongst a lovely sea of blue.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, for those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

You only live ONCE MsveronicaGrace's Avatar
    definatly use dressing as a weight control method. When I want to look good in a skirt or tight jeans, I always do a crash diet using whey protien shakes. Salads and more shakes. This way I am still getting the nutrients and keeping the metabolism up which burns fat all day long. So remember, keep snacking of healthy low carb things to keep the body burning fat.
    Grace

Aspiring Member
    As a guy, I never cared about my weight. My tummy stuck out a bit, but I was not, by any stretch of the term, overweight.

As a girl I'm trying to lose that tummy though, just so that I can look cuter.

Yes Yes and Yes

I'm so right there with you. Age 16 - 6'3" - 165 lbs. Could not gain weight for anything. I could eat 3 big macs in one setting. And really looked girly. That lasted until 30. At 36 I peaked at 225, I was a also an ungroomed bleh... and didn't really dress up anymore although still thought about it a lot. Lost 55 lbs in 4-5 months through means I cant recommend (depression) and wow, suddenly I felt alive. Now I intentionally avoid meals to keep it off.

I also do as Eugene suggested and workout on the pecs but without increasing the man-guns. Butterfly (try to steady your elbows so your not using the upper arm). Dips (3x10). Very light weight (<30lbs) on curls; 3x15 reps. Ab crunches like a freaking mad woman (130lbs - 3x33 reps)

I'm 5'11". I was up to 184 lbs a few months ago. When I knew that my relationship was definately over and I would be able to dress again I started the trim fast diet. I'm down to 158 lbs as of today. i'm shooting for 150.
    Shannon

Yes, I do want to look nice....so I need to drop a few pounds

I didn't realize what a motivator my weight loss could be. When I went from a size 24 to a 16 I opened up a whole new world of sexier clothes! Now if I could only get down to a 12...

Happy in Satin Nighties Rachel Newark's Avatar
    Absolutely !

I used to weigh around 150 lbs and my little skirts fitted fine, then for various reasons mainly to do with long distance flights for work, USA portion sizes in hotels and damn all-self control after an 11 hour flight ( not to mention the red wine ) I gained around 40lbs. Now my SO and I are both at Weightwatchers and slowly losing the fat ( She gained weight due to a crumbling knee-joint, now replaced ). She bought me an LBD, my initial target is to get into it this Yule. Ultimate aim is 150lbs and the little rubber mini I bought for £3 at a charity shop :-)

For some reason I haven't mentioned this at WW !

Rachel
    They're not womans clothes, they're mine. I have receipts !

Hello,
    I am of the belief that crossdressing is a prime motivator for loosing weight in my life. 3 years ago I was at 260 lbs. I returned to my crossdressing at that time. I had the tradtional "beer belly" (without the beer drinking). With exercise and proper diet I have lost 90 lbs. I was a size 22-24 then and now am a size 12-14.
    But actually what got me motivated more than anything else was once when I was in drab mode I was doing some yard work, I over heard a couple of neighborhood kids around 7 or 8 years old asking one another "is that man pregnant?!?!?!?!?" From that point on, I resolved to loose weight. A GG that is pregnant is a very beautiful woman. A man that appeares to be pregnant to a couple of confused kids isnt beautiful.
    At the beginning of my exercise routine I was told I could eat anything I desired, but had to be willing to put in the extra time I needed to keep the weight off. I do exercise 3-4 days a week doing 3 miles on treadmill, 30 minutes on stationary bike 2 days a week, some weight training for toning 4 days a week. Eat sensibly, and not depriving myself any of the things I do enjoy the bad foods like hamburgers, chips, chocolate etc., just not eating all the junk stuff as frequently. The secret is to stay active. My goal is getting to a size 10-12, but am in no hurry, I am enjoying the ride to that goal.

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar
    Yes, it is a motivation for me.
    What stop do I get off at? Hmmm...

My wife has always said that within me is a slender girl. When I have not dressed for a whlie I puit on weight. Got to 250 - ugly. Now down to 215, but am aiming for 178. Yes Cding is a reason to diet. After all girls want to look nice when dressed up and that requires a good figure.
    Janice Ailene:

My situation was two fold,On a diet I had lost about 125 lbs in about 11 months, was taking a shower in mid November of 2004, while washing my breasts I felt a lump, I had a doctors appoiment for my annual physical, I memntioned it to him well it turned out to be breast cancer in my left breast, needless to say the next following months were hell, I was operated on in Boston, Ma.. had a tumor(1.9 cetermeters, ) and twenty lymph nodes taken out and 1 of them had a tumor (,5), followed up with radiaton, and medication for 5 yrs, I try to watch my weight ,for that reason and also as was stated if you put on too much weight you cannot get into the nice cloths you have paid good money for, its a tough battle because the meds im on keep the weight on me longer ,it seems like I starve myself and still dont lose much, Charolette

Well im not sure if its an obsession,
    But more like its weather you are confortable with your own self.

My spouse makes me laugh cause he obsesses over his weight.
    But take it from someone who has lost 150 lbs.

Yes i did say 150 I used to weigh 310 lbs, I was not happy with myself at all. but thanks to my partner and the support of friends I went in and had Gatro Bypass surgery.

Now im not telling you to run out and do that but, you have to be comfy within your self. quiting smoking was the best thing you could have done for yourself.

If you really want the weight off, then start walking.
    Its the best thing to do for your body & just do your best to watch what you eat.

But to answer your question, Well for my spouse its about looking nice in that little black dress.

Anyway i hope everyones Advice & Input has helped you.
    Thats just my

Bree

Absolutely!

At age 20 when I got married I was 5'9", 125 lbs.. Couldn't gain weight for anything. At about age 30 I started gradually putting on weight. At 45 I weighed 178. My full body profile in the mirror was not pretty. I really didn't realize I had such a paunch until I saw video of my self and the kids at the beach. Yuch! I then discovered Metabolife (back when it had ephedra). I practically lived on the stuff and very quickly lost down to 148. I looked good en femme, but too skinny as a guy. 153-155 is a good compromise. Right now, though, I'm back up to 165 and trying to find another diet pill to help me drop 10 lbs.. 10 lbs. doesn't sound like a lot, but I have a really thin frame and I carry all that extra weight in my belly. Ugh! If it weren't for CDing I'd just give in and eat what I want!

But take it from someone who has lost 150 lbs.

Yes i did say 150 I used to weigh 310 lbs, I was not happy with myself at all. but thanks to my partner and the support of friends I went in and had Gatro Bypass surgery.

Hello,
    Bree, that is wonderful that you lost that weight. I bet you feel really terific as well as looking great too. I commend you on the weight reduction. Please do keep up the good work.

Canadian in Transition Jenn2716's Avatar

Big time motivation

I've been bouncing on the weight loss trampoline for years now, but I've recently decided to dedicate myself to changing my lifestyle to lose this extra weight permanently. This decision came after I saw my femme pics from halloween, so I would say 99% of my reason for doing this is to improve my femme self image.
    I'm only a few days into my new lifestyle and it seems to be going good. I hope to be able to report back to all of you in a few months that I am down a significant amount of weight.
    [SIZE=3]Life is what you make it.[/SIZE]

Luminous beings are we...

Motivating me to make some changes

I've decided to make some serious changes in my life just so I can look better in a dress. I graduated high school at 140 lbs (officially 6'1" - 141 lbs on my paperwork when I joined the Army). I had been on the soccer/track/basketball teams all through high school. In the next few years I put on a lot of muscle. When I got out of the Army, I played football in college - listed at 185 in the program. After college I took up martial arts and stuck with the weight lifting. Today I'm 36 years old, 6'1" 215 lbs. I am as fit and healthy as can be. My build is somewhere between athletic and muscular - and I love/hate it. My body is way too masculine to look good (in my opinion) when I dress. I've decided it's time to do something about that...

Just this week (Sunday, in fact) I started on a quest. I'm going to train for a marathon (Athens - Nov 2007). This gives me a year to prepare. I know myself well enough to know that without a very specific goal like this I would be less likely to succeed. The marathon serves several purposes for me. Besides being a weight loss mechanism, it is also a way for me to explain the to people why/how I've lost so much weight (hopefully). I don't think 140 pounds is a reasonable goal. I think maybe I can shed the extra 30 pounds of muscle I've put on since college, so I'm shooting for 185, but I guess if more weight comes off I'll just have to live with that ;-)

All so I can feel better about the woman in the mirror.
    Amanda Knight

A blossoming flower xx Jennifer Devine's Avatar
    I've lost 4st 13 at weight watchers in the last 2 years and have gone down from 20st 3 to 15st 4 and still losing and cross dressing has definateley been my motivation because I know i'll be able to get into smaller clothes.
    I am size 16 at the moment.

Jen xxx