Thread: "Executive Bags" at Target

"Executive Bags" at Target

I noticed in the men's department at Target the other day that they have what they call an "Executive Bag". This is not a briefcase or portfolio. It's quit a bit smaller. It has a single shoulder stap and is made of cordura fabric. Looks like a purse to me! I haven't seen any men carrying these or any other purse, but someone must be or they wouldn't have them at Target. I've been trying to get up my nerve to carry a purse in male mode. Just knowing that there must be some demand for these "executive bags" gives me courage.

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar
    That's great. Now that I wear misses pants all the time, its difficult to fit my keys, wallet, and cell phone in my pockets. An "Executive Bag" would do the trick nicely.
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending

I haven't seen them in stores yet myself, but I did hear several comments on Fox news about "man purse" and some of the comments were very favorable. It seems like some of the newsmen/anchormen carry and use them! It is a wave of the future. Wonder who makes them...might be a stock to watch!!

Not your typical girl Lissa Stevens's Avatar
    Sounds like a messenger bag. Some of them are big but some are purse sized. I have one that I have used at work to carry my tools in. They don't fall out of the bag as easy as with a tool pouch because of the top zipping closed. I also have what some women would use as a purse when I blackpowder hunt. It ia called a possibles bag. Men carried these full of all the stuff needed to shoot black poweder firearms. In the bigger cities it is becoming more common for men to carry these. You realize men used to carry purses.
    [SIZE="2"]Melissa[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]I'm still standin'
    Better than I ever did
    Lookin' like a true survivor
    Feeling like a little kid
    [/SIZE]

All sorts of similar bags like that are popular here in Japan. Sometimes, you call tell that a bag a man is carrying was NOT made for a man... It's nice. Why should GGs only carry their things in a bag, while guys have to carry a freakin' lump in their back pocket? I don't look so out of place with my bag when I'm out and about in Japan.

In the 1970's, male purses were quite the up in coming thing....most were made of leather.
    We named them Murses (male purse...lol).
    Still see the occasional fella wearing/using one of these around here.
    Of course the homophobics were first in line to make comments and the assumption that the guy was gay.
    So darn handy overall, I personally would use a small daytimer for my credit cards, money/change etc....even with that there were the odd strange looks....30 years later and some people still won't accept it.

Diane

Aspiring Member
    I have seen them and want one. The reason I have not gotten one is because they look too grungish. The ones I was were black and olive green with a skull print on it, and the fabric tattered with loose threads. If I only could find a plain solid denim one.

Actually I need one. Let's see... keys, wallet, large cell phone, other medical stuff I have to carry around. I'm always losing my stuff cause it's never in one place and my pockets are always over loaded.
    Last edited by noname; 11-09-2006 at 05:40 PM.

"officer, that guy just stole my leather European carry-all!"

"what?"

"A purse! I carry a purse!"

....seinfeld

I just came from Target and saw them. most were large, almost brief case size but there 2 that were definitely purse size. Not only that but androgynous enough that they could go either way. One in particular was a bit femme, assymetrical at the strap attachments. Cute and I want one.

I've been carrying a bag since August. I love to convience of it. My chiropractor said that it was a good idea rather than having to sit on a lumpy wallet that will throw out your spine. . (Mine is "lumpy" due to things and stuff I have in it NOT money) Takes a bit of getting used to carrying it but I'm learning. If I have to stop at Home depot or some place like that I leave it in the car and bring in just my wallet. Don't need to upset "some" people.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

I carry a bag most of the time, even to work. It's not very fem looking, but it is a Tignanello leather backpack-purse, which I got from eBags; I love it because I can easily carry my wallet, checkbook, calender and phone directory, cell phone, eyeglasses, hairbrush and lots of other stuff.

Yes, I do get a few stares here in the redneck bastion of Oklahoma, but who cares.

Jenna
    [SIZE="2"]There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. - George Sand[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda Jean View Post
    I've been trying to get up my nerve to carry a purse in male mode.
    Me too! I want to carry a small woman's purse (handbag) but I feel a little bit shy about doing it. I sometimes carry my wife Marla's when we are out together but I'm talking about having my own.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Do they come in pink?
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Whenever I am wearing pants or a skort that has no pockets, I always carry a purse. I have 5, in different colors and styles. No one has ever said anything to me about getting my billfold out of a purse. Of course, unlike a lot of GG's (no offense intended), I have my cash or credit card ready when the SA is ringing up my purchase! If you carry a purse often, it will become second nature. And it does make for a better looking tush!!

Sissy

More Girl than man

I just carry a back pack for work. But I wished I was brave enough to carry a purse, even though I have a few. I through a few kleenex's and a set of keys and a wallet and a lipstick in my purse and the devil can take the sides../..BJ

I carry a purse in male mode most of the time and no one has ever said anything negative about it to me (going on 4 years)

I have a small leather purse, black, and somtimes when I'm feeling really brave I carry it with me, but I'll take my wallet out and leave it in the car.
    I always carry it if I'm travelling by car/truck as I keep a .38 special in it too. It's neat having it with me.

Every day I carry a small container of vitamins/the pill etc, a small snack for breakfast, a door badge and a few other things and I find myself carrying a safeway bag - blah - that's lame but I do it.
    So maybe a trip to Target is in order today - it's raining so bad anyway that I gotta go shopping!!!
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

If your going to carry a purse at least make it a nice looking womans purse. Hehe.

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos