Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Politics and dressing....Republican dresser loses seat

Banned Read only

Politics and dressing....Republican dresser loses seat

Crossdressing can be dangerous if you are trying to get your butt moved to Washington D.C.

Check out http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1117463/posts

So, how many people that posted comments on that page do you think CD themselves?

People are nasty. However, the fact that he still got 40% of the vote is encouraging. It shows that almost half of the people in his district are open minded enough to deal with it. They probably also realize that it his personal business.

BTW, does anyone find it strange that the Democrats, known for their liberal ideals, were the ones to say that this outcome shows that the people want old fashioned family values?
    Shannon

Im a guy who likes bras Theresa(TGirl)'s Avatar
    anything can be dangerous if you are trying to get elected, think about the scandal with Mark Foley (or whatever the heck his name is), or past events in your family.

i just though this up:
    ""the "election" warning"
    "you have the right to remain dull, boring, etc., anything that seems out of line, will be misconstrued to become out of line, and anything you say and do can and will be used against you during campaign time"

I am Terri from GA and I approve this message. <-- Thought i'd put that tidbit in.
    *hugs and kisses*

Terri

Quote Originally Posted by Ranee Daze View Post
    Crossdressing can be dangerous if you are trying to get your butt moved to Washington D.C.

It's only dangerous if you deny or hide the truth...
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon CD View Post
    BTW, does anyone find it strange that the Democrats, known for their liberal ideals, were the ones to say that this outcome shows that the people want old fashioned family values?
    Orr, his opponent is also a republican (it was a primary run off election).

The more I think about it, the more I think that maybe more of the deep secret CDers are republicans. It's right in line with the other cover ups we do like choosing a very masculine job, or adventure sports, or political party where people are less likely to think you might be...

at least he didn't try to deny it, and he probably feels better that it is now in the open, yeah sure, he probably would've wanted it to come out differently, but it came out, and he probably is breathing a sigh of relief.
    *hugs and kisses*

Terri

Hi,
    It's no big deal. I'm an ultra conservative republican, and in our "group", I'd say 70% are conservatives.
    We come in all shapes, sizes, and ideologies.
    Take Care,
    Andi

I thought this was one place I could go and not have to think left, right, liberal or conservative.

Just get some advice and help where I can

Kelly

Politics aside, some of the commentors quips were pretty funny

I know that area, I know those people (the politicians and the randomly quoted farmers) and I would expect nothing less than the same result. I grew up around all of it.
    When they said that was the most conservative district in Texas, it's not an exageration....
    All I know is I hope I never decide to be a local politician and run for office....they might find out that last night I wore black heel sandals with brown pants! Eeek!

If anyone is interested, I have a link to the photo that they reference.
    It shows a perfectly normal Mr(s). and Mrs. Walls sitting down to dinner.

Of course you realize that the story is 2 1/2 years old, right?
    DonnaT

yup! that's why the picture that is attached to the news article isn't there...it's been archived/deleted.

and it may be old news, but trust me, if the dates were 2006 and the elections happening again, the results wouldn't be any different...
    just the way it is down there.
    another reason i left as soon as i could...

Part of his past

Part of his past...yeah, right

[QUOTE=Ranee Daze;622859]Crossdressing can be dangerous if you are trying to get your butt moved to Washington D.C.

Check out http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1117463/posts[/QUOTE

Wtf?

How people can ally themselves with those that would just as soon hang them from a tree I'll never know.

Flaming Liberal 'n Proud,
    Trish

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea Nicole View Post
    Hi,
    It's no big deal. I'm an ultra conservative republican, and in our "group", I'd say 70% are conservatives.
    We come in all shapes, sizes, and ideologies.
    Take Care,
    Andi

Proud Cd Democrat here!

A Liberal Democrat would have won the primary. I too am a flaming Liberal and damn proud of it. Billie Jean

Texas....... makes sense.

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

Right on, Shannon! They're all a bunch of hypocrites.

Vikki

Crossdressers should not be in the state legislature. It should be reserved for the thieves and child molesters that currently inhabit the capitol.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Quote Originally Posted by trannie T View Post
    Crossdressers should not be in the state legislature. It should be reserved for the thieves and child molesters that currently inhabit the capitol.
    Your posts amuse me sometimes, like the one about 120 grit make up remover

This is how i replied to it: [SIZE="4"]?!?!WHAT!?!?
    [/SIZE]
    *hugs and kisses*

Terri

Quote Originally Posted by goofus View Post
    How people can ally themselves with those that would just as soon hang them from a tree I'll never know.

Flaming Liberal 'n Proud,
    Trish
    You said it, babe.

Flaming Liberal here too. At least my party won't judge me based on my lifestyle. Hell, around here, people just assume its because I'm a liberal.
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

A friend of mine had served as an apprentice mortician in residence while studying for his degree in Actuarial Science. He suggested maybe he should run for public office until I pointed out that it would come out that he "had slept with dead people".

But absurd negative campaigning aside, I also see the hypocrisy in both Democrats and Republicans. The Democrats want to take your guns and tax your employer out of business. The Republicans want to spy on you and force you to accept their own flavor of religion and sexual preference, while allowing big business to claim eminent domain over your property. Enough facism!

In response to this, I voted for all the Libertarian candidates on my ballot. The two party system no longer serves the public interest. Take the test at www.lp.org. Perhaps you are also Libertarian, but did not know?
    Hugs,

Bernice

Absurd...I think the accusations you make about Democrats are a bit absurd themselves, Republicans maybe less so.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernice View Post
    A friend of mine had served as an apprentice mortician in residence while studying for his degree in Actuarial Science. He suggested maybe he should run for public office until I pointed out that it would come out that he "had slept with dead people".

But absurd negative campaigning aside, I also see the hypocrisy in both Democrats and Republicans. The Democrats want to take your guns and tax your employer out of business. The Republicans want to spy on you and force you to accept their own flavor of religion and sexual preference, while allowing big business to claim eminent domain over your property. Enough facism!

In response to this, I voted for all the Libertarian candidates on my ballot. The two party system no longer serves the public interest. Take the test at www.lp.org. Perhaps you are also Libertarian, but did not know?

Hi Everyone:

For all of you "Died-in The Wool" Republicans who also CD, just a simple question.

You do understand that your people on The Religious Right do not want you, don't you? The election is old news but the intent is still the same, and nothing has changed. The Opponent who probably had a lot to do with "outing him", said something to the effect of The Good Republicans in that area were foresquare in favor of "family values", that's why this opponent beat him in The Primary. It is insulting to think that these people don't believe that CD/TG/TS People don't have "Family Values" and this guy's comments show ignorance and intolerance.

My only guess for alternative explanations: Perhaps "Family Values" is codespeak for, "We want nothing to do with anyone who doesn't think exactly like us." And, has nothing to do with actual families.

There's a famous quotation out there, it goes: "All politics are local". I agree, and they are also usually very dirty!

Put me down in The Flaming Liberal Column also!

Peace and Love, Joanie
    Last edited by sterling12; 11-10-2006 at 01:32 AM.

did nobody post a link to the picture?

http://www.columbiachronicle.com/bac...ges/cross2.jpg

i, too, find it odd that a story from 2+ years ago is being brought up now. but i didn't hear the story in 2004, so i'm glad it was brought to my attention today.

his wife is supportive, obviously. (she is pictured with him.) s/he may have lost a seat in government, but in the end s/he is a big winner.