I have been so motivated by all the incredible and positive Sales Associate stories that have been posted, that I decided it was time to get a new pair of shoes and be a tad bolder than in the past. To set the stage, I was not dressed, but was in my typical blue blazer, polo shirt, etc.

Payless Shoes is an easy place to shop at as sthe hoe size signs are very large and the products very easy to access. A very nice, cute, mid-30's lady was working up front. This is good. We made immediate eye contact and she welcomed me to the store.

I found exactly the strap shoes with the 2" heel I wanted in size 12...the 11's were just a bit snug. I brought the shoes in the box to the register, she opened the box, saw the ladies shoes, checked the size, and discreetly closed the box. Once closed we chatted a bit about nothing and I said the shoes are just perfect. She then leaned forward as she passed me the box, smiled, and quietly said, "enjoy them this evening", and she really meant it.

I am going back to that store again. She made me feel good about my purchase and about being me. A good day!