Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying Shoes in Drab

Buying Shoes in Drab

I have been so motivated by all the incredible and positive Sales Associate stories that have been posted, that I decided it was time to get a new pair of shoes and be a tad bolder than in the past. To set the stage, I was not dressed, but was in my typical blue blazer, polo shirt, etc.

Payless Shoes is an easy place to shop at as sthe hoe size signs are very large and the products very easy to access. A very nice, cute, mid-30's lady was working up front. This is good. We made immediate eye contact and she welcomed me to the store.

I found exactly the strap shoes with the 2" heel I wanted in size 12...the 11's were just a bit snug. I brought the shoes in the box to the register, she opened the box, saw the ladies shoes, checked the size, and discreetly closed the box. Once closed we chatted a bit about nothing and I said the shoes are just perfect. She then leaned forward as she passed me the box, smiled, and quietly said, "enjoy them this evening", and she really meant it.

I am going back to that store again. She made me feel good about my purchase and about being me. A good day!

Kristen, that is great!! I have found the SA's at Nine West to be very helpful and friendly as well!
    If you can't wear heels, what's the sense of dressing?......

Im a guy who likes bras Theresa(TGirl)'s Avatar
    Sounds like you had a good time, and the "Hope you enjoy them" part probably was icing on the cake.

But one thing that has been bugging me, what exactly does 'drab' mean, weraing women's underwear under men's clothes? or blending them? or what?
    *hugs and kisses*

Terri

Drab means dressed in guy mode..at least on the outside
    If you can't wear heels, what's the sense of dressing?......

oh thanks, i did a google for it, and all i could find was stuff about "not interesting" or the similar.
    *hugs and kisses*

Terri

WTG Kristen, I have only had the guts to do that 1 time about 10 years ago with my wife. I tried them on "real quick" took about 2/3 steps, sat back down and put my male shoes back on. I hadn't noticed that the aisle we were on could be seen from the register. When we checked out the sales girl asked very quietly and smiling "will you be needing any hose today". My wife took over and said no we just stocked up at the mall.
    Krystal Lynn

You are so right Kristi. The Payless Stores aisles are wide open and really have very little space for privacy. In this store in Waltham the large women's sizes are dead in the middle so it's in plain view of the register. She knew what I was doing and had a sweet response for when I left.

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]WTG girl, Dont ever be afraid to try something on. I have gotten bolder as confort level shopping in drab is now second nature. I was out shopping with my GF for a coat for her, found this lovely Leopard print coat with a fur collar, tried it on in a very busy Macy, I didn't even notice the people around me. I had to try it on, and look in the mirror. I loved it and after I bought it my girl told me I got a few looks from the husbands shopping with the wives, but most women didn't even bat and eye.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

Payless

I have always been treated well in Payless. In one store a sales lady asked if the shoes were for me as I was trying them on. She clearly was much more worried about making the sale than any other consideration, and seemed to realize that treating us well (I was in drab) makes a positive impression. I am size 11 or 12, so often the shoes abutt the size 10/11 mens shoes, but I've never needed that crutch.

Tina

Quote Originally Posted by Kristen Kelly View Post
    [SIZE="3"]WTG girl, Dont ever be afraid to try something on. I have gotten bolder as confort level shopping in drab is now second nature. I was out shopping with my GF for a coat for her, found this lovely Leopard print coat with a fur collar, tried it on in a very busy Macy, I didn't even notice the people around me. I had to try it on, and look in the mirror. I loved it and after I bought it my girl told me I got a few looks from the husbands shopping with the wives, but most women didn't even bat and eye.[/SIZE]
    it probably goes back to the male urge to reproduce, and seeing someone they know may not be wanting to reproduce kills them...
    *hugs and kisses*

Terri

Now why doesn't Pay Less carry size 14 for the rest of us?

Great, But my SA at Payless asked if I was interested in a matching purse to go with the boots I bought. >>>BJ

Yep... got to agree about Payless. I bought a pair and took them to the register and the SA told me that I could get a second pair of shoes for 1/2 price so I went back and got a second pair. Great shoes at a great price.

Suanne

I'll go with that, I talked to a very nice young woman SA at the local Payless a couple days ago about boot styles and what to wear them with while shopping for a pair of woman's short heel shoes. We agreed that fancy boots shouldn't be worn under pants, it just hides the style of the boot.

I've only bought a pair of heels alone at Dillards. They are Mudd Strappy sandals. I was very nervous.

The first time i went into Pay Less to buy "shoes" the S.A. lead me to the mens section and i quietly said to her, "Wrong section" All she said was, "O.K. follow me" and that was it. ended up buying two pair and a matching hand bag.
    I've been back a number of time with no problem what so ever. All the girls ther now know me and know what styles I'm looking for. Even with other customers around I haven't had a single problem.

About two months ago I spotted a nice pair of boots with a 3" heel that I just HAD to have. As I was trying them on and walking around a bit to get the "feel" for them a mother and her teenage daughter were looking for shoes and the young girl commented that they were nice boots. I thanked her and mentioned that I could walk very well in them and proceeded to show her. She mentioned that she was quite impressed with my choice and ability. I thanked her for the compliment.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Having tried on shoes en drab several times, I can vouch for SAs not caring what shoes you buy. I have been to Payless several times and to Famous Footwear a couple. You just have to ask yourself, why does Payless have all those size 11 and 12's in the women's section. I asked once and the girl just smiled. (Not for me, I'm usually a 9 1/2.)
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

I love Payless!. The SA is always nice and doesn't seem to care I'm a guy buying women's shoes. I always try to shop when they have BOGO (Buyone get one). The styles don't always thrill me, but I can usually find something I like.

One time the store didn't have the size in the style I wanted, so the SA printed up a coupon for $2.00 off and found a store that had what I wanted.

Jen

WTG from me too!
    I am in love with the most understanding GG and my biggest fan. Jennifer, I love you!

My every visit to payless has been very friendly. My least friendly visit was when the SA was a ~19 year old guy. He just didn't come to help me. I love how payless shoes are sorted so that women's big shoes are by the men's shoes of the same size. I can walk to that aisle and I am not out of place. However, I hate how sometimes there are men there too. Men stress me out! Once or twice, however, I have gone to the aisle and started shopping for me and even trying on, I think, while a man and woman were shopping for him.

People often don't pay you any attention. Sometimes, I don't think they ever realize what other shoppers are doing around them. That's how pick-pockets make their living, I suppose!

Joe

payless

I went to payless I also found them to be very helpfull I bought a boot with a 2 1/2 in heel I will buy more shoes from there
    :cheeky:

Tracylin

Banned Read only

Exclamation Boooooring!

Congrats on making what I know that it is just a first step. I know that there are many here in locked in "the closet". I know that there are many here who would never go out...

BUT....

Once you get your image down pat and you take that bold step to doing things in femme mode, ie: buying shoes, getting makeovers, getting your hair done. etc. etc. your world will open up alot more and you will have the real fun that is awaiting you.

Go boldy, where many men have gone before! Make it so!

Payless is indeed a wonderful source for those of us who wear size 11, 12, and occasionally even 13. There are bunches of Payless shoe stores in my area, and several of the managers know me...it really makes no difference whether I'm in drag or enfemme, it's always a pleasure shopping there. Also, it's always a very special treat when you get to stand there, right next to a GG who is also trying on/looking at the very same size shoes as you. I once had an awesome casual conversation w/ a GG while we both looked at shoes.
    "poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another." Madonna "Justify My Love"

There was a thread saying a girl cannot have enough shoes. I went and tested that premise by going to another Payless today...they seemed to be everywhere. I found a great pair, black with 4" heel shoe in 12W. Perfect for my new jeans. Most of the regular 12's were simply too narrow.

After trying nearly all of the 12's (and I was in drab), I brought my final selection to the cashier/greeter. She smiled because she had seem me down the end of the aisle. I smiled back and said that I wish their were more selections in 12W. The regular 12's were just too narrow. We spoke for about 5 minutes about shoes, which is really a long time. She ended with I hope you enjoy them and please come back. I, of course said, I definitely will. This is fun, not embarrassing!

Do I need another pair of shoes tomorrow???

shoes

Kristen you may not need another pair of shoes tomorrow, but I am sure you will very soon. I check out the selection often at Pay Less and quite often find a pair I really need. It is so nice to shop in a store where the SA's are so nice. It is great for us and for them. We get treated like the woman we are and they make a sale and are guaranteed that we will be back.

Eileen