Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dr Phil update

I wouldn't waste my time with any of those shows, Oprah included. They are all freakshows. But I do admire your wanting to do some educating, I hope it works out.
    "My Mother wanted me to find a nice girl..so I became one."

Television is a damn freak show in itself. There are very few programs I would bother to watch. I can't even stand the way baseball games are broadcast on tv (extreme close-ups of the players faces, too many shots of the fans, etc). Dr(?) Phil in my opinion is a quack and a half. Having been in therapy for many years with a therapist and psychiatrist who are very understanding of my CDing and bondage fetish, I find Dr (?) Phil to be a throwback to the old days when men were put away in mental hospitals and given electro shock treatments to "cure" them of their "perversion".
    -Audrey

I'm with you on the baseball thing. FOX especially has ruined the game on television, especially during post season. It's become nothing but advertisements for one "Hit show on FOX" or another", along wiht the insufferable pregame crap, some no talent singing the National Anthem, slower and slower each time...ygh. Give me the old "Game of the Week", with Gowdy and Garagiola. And I also agree with you on the Quackdom of the TV charlatans passing themselves off as Drs and what not. Hell a lot of real life psychiatrisits and psychologists are quacks, in my opinion.
    "My Mother wanted me to find a nice girl..so I became one."

Dr Phil

This is interesting. I've been having some counselling and wondered about telling my counsellor about my cross dressing. However, she is a big fan of Dr Phil (I'd never heard of him as I've never watched Oprah). I am thinking now if I should keep quiet or see someone else for counselling.
    Isabel

http://www.flickr.com/photos/isabel_girl1970/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/197016212@N02/

Aspiring Member Christina Nicole's Avatar
    I don't know this Dr. Phil; I rarely watch television. However, it seems from the posts that he is some type of television entertainer. It also seems like a lot of people are more than a little exercised about this Dr. Phil. Try to keep in mind, television is entertainment, especially in the U.S. Any resemblance to fact or truth is purely accidental. Facts may be included only if they do not detract from the entertainment value. Anyone looking for unbiased information from television is about 40 years too late.

Regards,
    Christina Nicole

Semi Sane innocent angel
    DR phill has said he does not understand CDing or like.

Even TV shows that try to be friendly some times misses the mark. Like when montel did a show about guwen arujio. THe show was calleda boy called guwen

lol yes he isthe worst
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 11-11-2006 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Use the 'edit' button, no need to post again....

If I'm going to watch a daytime freak show I'll watch the one with the best freaks. Jerry!Jerry!Jerry!
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Montel Williams is decent, just watched a show Friday that he did on male and female TG's. Very nicely done!!

Dr Phil is a joke, look at his website "This is for entertainment value only and no advice should be heeded" - or some such disclaimer.
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

Cereal Killer Ashley in Virginia's Avatar
    Dr. Phil is funny.
    If I ever get real rich, I hope I'm not real mean to poor people, like I am now.

Thanks for thinking of us, MJ

I do not watch TV and really do not know Dr. Phil.

I do appreciate you asking us, so I will make my recommendation.

You appear to be setting yourself up to be played up to make us all look bad. We all know this, but it may not be a total waste of time.

If you can remain sweet and nice the whole time, you can help our image against that of us commonly held by most.

In addition to challenging Mr. Phil to re-evaluate his position on crossdressing, which could be the most important (yet impossible) thing you can do, the following points need to be underscored:

We are for the most part, not freaks, but nice sweet people.

We can be good husbands, friends, and parents.

People, nor their children, have to be afraid of us.

A lot of suffering takes place behind closed doors because we are misunderstood and this suffering is exacerbated by people like HIM, that have no desire to understand.

Thanks,

Michelia

For some reason, never have liked Dr. Phil, something instinctively turned me off about him, perhaps it is his boring voice. Have hardly ever watched him but did here he had a big fit with Oprah over some type of endorsement or support she was supposed to lend but didn't come through on. Oh well, guess the good doctor could use some counseling.
    In the end, once all is said and done, and we have exhausted the analysis, this is all about having fun and girlls just want to have fun!!!!!!!!

I feel what you are thinking about doing is very brave...and I'll support you in whatever you decide.........I just have an uneasy feeling about it....afraid he will do anything to get his point across.....best wishes on whatever you decide.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Love being a girly girl! Country girl's Avatar

Question Dr?

Hey forgive me for butting in but someone please tell me if I'm wrong. I didn't think "Dr" Phil was really a Dr? I mean I used to watch the guy on TV and I thought Dr was just a title. Does he have a Doctorate degree from a college? Or has it just been bestowed upon him like say Bill Cosby? If anyone knows for sure I'd really appreciate having the record set straight. No point giving this guy a title he is undeserving of!

Country Girl GG

Quote Originally Posted by Country girl GG View Post
    Hey forgive me for butting in but someone please tell me if I'm wrong. I didn't think "Dr" Phil was really a Dr? I mean I used to watch the guy on TV and I thought Dr was just a title. Does he have a Doctorate degree from a college? Or has it just been bestowed upon him like say Bill Cosby? If anyone knows for sure I'd really appreciate having the record set straight. No point giving this guy a title he is undeserving of!
    Yes, he really is - he's a psychiatrist. That doesn't mean he's open-minded about things necessarily. I do agree with some of the advice he's given some people, but he's not right about everything. I agree that when he first started he was better, but now he's definitely changed. I guess he's "gone Hollywood".
    Last edited by CaptLex; 11-11-2006 at 11:06 PM.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love being a girly girl! Country girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptLex View Post
    Yes, he really is - he's a psychiatrist. That doesn't mean he's open-minded about things necessarily. I do agree with some of the advice he's given some people, but he's not right about everything. I agree that when he first started he was better, but now he's definitely changed. I guess he's "gone Hollywood".
    Well thanks for clearing that up for me. I agree that he has given some good advice in the past but he is so obviously biased and closed minded that he's not worth watching anymore. He sure doesn't act like a psychiatrist. He acts more like a :joke: . I thought they were supposed to be receptive and HELPFUL to anyone and everyone no matter what. There are some very sick people in this world, but I don't see it as you gurls who enjoy CDing. It's not like y'all are hurting anyone.

Country Girl GG
    Last edited by Country girl; 11-12-2006 at 12:36 AM. Reason: my inane sillyness about spelling!

Most doctors are typically closed minded, I know I am one.

I'm not personally convinced that we have a need to explain anything about who we are to the world, especially through Dr. Phil. I tend to place that in the same category with those who find it necessary to push their religious beliefs on others. It can be offensive to some.

I believe that the best way to promote our lifestyle is to show it by example. By behaving modestly, patiently and appropriately. By living a good clean life and being good community members and leaders.

I'm not saying that we need to hide who we are and what we are about but by the same token, do we really have a duty to push it off onto others, who may not want to know? Those who are open minded will see us for who we are and may be more likely to accept us if we are more reserved rather than seen as being too pushy?

Woman of the Revolution Bridget's Avatar

The Media

The media is a curious thing, and I'd be wary of going into it. I'm fourtunate enough to have this quarter a class with one of the leading experts on television, Darrel Hamamoto as a professor. Despite being a radical Asian-American Nationalist, he does have a lot of solid observations on network and cable television.

#1. It's all about the money
    Television thrives on advertising dollars. As a result, television benefits from pandering to the desires and view of the watchers. As a result, television does not take the opinions of it's viewers lightly, and applies their desires to the media world and reflects it back at them. "The revloution will not be televised."

#2. Coded genderism
    To borrow a concept from race roles in television, and apply it to gender and sexuality, Dr. Phil's opinions on transgender issues is not surprising. Rather than scorning and laughing at the transgendered individual, as was common at one time, now there is a coded genderist assault against us, that it's simply an issue that can be resolved with proper counseling and cured. Like the ethnicity argument on race, that immigrants and foreigners must be assimilated into the dominant culture to some degree, and have the differences ironed out, instead of expelling or killing them, so the argument that transgenderism (and homosexuality) are social problems that can be cured, instead of accepted.

#3. Media Oligopoly
    Television is owned by only a handful of transnational media giants, which will stretch the truth to make sure their coffers stay full of the green stuff. Disney, for example, covered up the fact they hired many child molesters as mascots in Disneyland and Disneyworld, by canning the story from Disney owned networks. Likewise, if the owners or supporters of these companies have ties to religious groups or fundamentalist or conservative think-tanks, which many do, you will be hard pressed to find a program which doesn't reflect this view.

#4. There are few accidents, and nothing is insignificant
    Millions of advertising dollars are on the line, so almost everything on the airwaves is carefully controlled to maintain the money flow. When "Boston Legal" shows a "transgendered" man being cured, by being shown how to be a "man", the plotline is by no means just a creative accident, but rather part of an approved agenda by the network. If you compare the views seen on network television with that seen on public access television prior to 9-11, there is a huge world of a difference.

On a separate note, it is worth noting that psychologists and psychiatrists are in the "ghetto of medicine". It's one of the least respected medical fields, mainly because it harbors more cranks than any other field, most notably those who bring up allegations of "satanic sexual assault" and "alien abduction" in every patient they find. It's difficult to objectively interpret the human mind, without coloring it with your own personal views.

Woman of the Revolution Bridget's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trannie T View Post
    If I'm going to watch a daytime freak show I'll watch the one with the best freaks. Jerry!Jerry!Jerry!
    Of course, though Jerry Springer is the most blatant when it comes to mockery of crossdressers. They usually have some head shaved and overweight 40 year old wearing bras and panties; an image designed to create derision. Even though it may be glossed over with "touchy feely" talk of acceptance, the in studio audience holds the real view; laughing and jeering at the "freak".

Bridgette you hit it on the HEAD.

I was in a 5 minute spot here about a month ago for one of my sports/hobbies - they did WELL on it but also distorted it for their own benefit, but all in all it came out OK.

But, I'm an English major in my 3rd year right now, one of my classes was basically to point out what bias the media had - and how they distort things out of context to get you to believe one thing by visually preparing it for your mind.

If you are ever in doubt, turn the volume off on your TV and watch the news - ha! The flashes of images will astound you - a stabbing and they will show their anti-gun ag enda by flashing a gun etc etc.

It's all about the money. Except that 76% of all major news media voted Democrat in 1996 - no agenda there eh? Notice any POSITIVE republian news articles out in this past election - heck no, just "Scandals" that were created (or existed in minor form). MORE democrats took money from what's his name, but more Republians were paid HIGHER - so it was a MUTUAL scandal yet they pointed it at the Republican pa rty. Even Hillary Clinton took money from this guy!

Here's a funny one for ya, the majority of doctors in America are TIRED of hearing about "ask your doctor" in TV commrecials so they Lobby Congress..

Will CNN, CBS, NBC etc pull those ads? Heck no - they are being paid for by the biggest coffers in the industry!!!

Will congress pass a law prohibiting them when all the doctors lobby? Heck no, Congress is paid off (Donations) by that same industry (This is why meds are cheaper on the other side of both borders or in Thailand). So congress forces the price of meds to be cheaper, but yet my eye drops are $30 a bottle overseas, $100 here.......

We the sheeple...

</rant>
    Last edited by Scotty; 11-12-2006 at 05:31 PM.
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

Quote Originally Posted by Country girl GG View Post
    Well thanks for clearing that up for me. I agree that he has given some good advice in the past but he is so obviously biased and closed minded that he's not worth watching anymore. He sure doesn't act like a psychiatrist. He acts more like a :joke: . I thought they were supposed to be receptive and HELPFUL to anyone and everyone no matter what. There are some very sick people in this world, but I don't see it as you gurls who enjoy CDing. It's not like y'all are hurting anyone.

Country Girl GG

Country Girl,

Thank you for your kind affirmation. You said it--we aren't after hurting anyone, so the Dr. Phil's of the world need to look elsewhere.
    In the end, once all is said and done, and we have exhausted the analysis, this is all about having fun and girlls just want to have fun!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    hi girls

so what do you think i should tell him about our cding that would help him understand us better ..

This is important because .I feel we are misunderstood and i want to set him straight
    MJ,
    Dr. Phil's show is so edited you would never get your position accurately stated. Watch the show, notice the editing. You may speak your point elloquently, but they would, for effect, chop it up so bad that Dr. Phil would come across as a TG savior and you, some sort of lost soul who fortunately read Dr. Phil's weight loss book.
    [SIZE=4]Sophia[/SIZE]

Thumbs down

Dr. Phil is a shill and a huckster. Don't have anything to do with him. He is not sympathetic or sincere about anything. He will only embarrass you. He uses people and will do anything to fatten his wallet and ratings.

For Country Girl GG

Hi! I have not posted to this forum previously. But i feel compelled to get involved in the discussion of the 'evil Dr. Phil.' Yes, he has a legitimate doctoral degree from an accredited program in clinical psychology (not in psychiatry as someone else suggested.)
    I am very sorry to report this fact because, as a clinical psychologist myself, I think that Dr. Phil is one of the worst imaginable 'representatives' of this profession.
    His confrontational style and failure to educate himself on certain issues (particulary cd/tg/ts issues!) do not do justice to this otherwise honorable profession.
    I have seen more learned and sympathetic treatment of t-issues and t-people on the Oprah show and even on the Tyra Banks show! Dr. Phil should rank near the bottom of all television talk shows ever. However, my wife loves to watch Dr. Phil, and so far i have been unable to change her mind. Oh well....

Nancy

Banned Read only

Dr Phil is an antagonist

Dr Phil is an antagonist. He has to be, because that gets RATINGS. His show is just a Tabloid talk show, like Oprah, Jerry Springer, and Tyra Banks (gorgeous lady, would not mind being her) etc.

If they put you on their show, it will to make fun of you and “prove his point(s)”. He is an expert at pushing buttons, you have no chance.

You remember on "The Jenny Jones Show" when they had a homosexual man make a pass at a heterosexual on stage? The poor guy ran off the stage in shame. Then the dummy homosexual not being content with humiliating this guy in front of millions, went by this guys house with flowers, knocked on the door and was promptly greeted by a 12 gauge shotgun!

Fortunately the show was found to be liable for this guy death in a wrongful-death lawsuit. (Not first or second degree murder as I hoped). Death my stupidly as I see it (both the producer and the homosexual man). (Why do homosexual men make repeated pass at heterosexual men, knowing that they can get killed with this behavior?) The producer thought it was cute, that was part of their defense! FYI the heterosexual man was labeled “mentally Ill” and his first conviction was thrown out.

http://www.cnn.com/SHOWBIZ/TV/9905/0....03/index.html

You know the producers of Jenny Jones, expected fireworks with this pairing. Even with a normal non-homophobic, the end would not be nice. (I have no doubt they would have preferred a fist fight on stage instead of him just storming off, must have been disappointing.) Not to mention embarrassing someone in front of a TV audience shows no ethics or compassion.

But it gets rating and that is what Dr Phil is about. (It shows how little of importance some doctors have of the Hippocratic Oath; it is just all about money.

Do not take Dr Phil seriously. It is likely that his producers have nearly or complete control on the content (guests and subject) of his show. Dr Phil, no doubt has readers of all the letters he gets, before he sees them. So it is not likely he will see your letter, especially if the producer is also anti transsexual, ie (show them in a good light).

It is unlikely Dr Phil does or does has not seen the facts on gender confusion, ie TG, crossdressing etc.

So if you think you will enlighten him it will not.