Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody take breaks from dressing?

I try to take breaks, partly to give my SO a break , but also because it makes it more fun when I go back. However I am obviously not trying hard enough because Kerrianna seems to be around everywhere I go.

Break

Over the years I would take breaks sometime with help from others and sometimes just didn't feel like it. But when it starts back it's like you never stopped. You start where you left off.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

I take breaks every day when I get dressed for work. Then I come home and shower and the urge hits again

yes, its being 3 years since i last do so. i stopped after i went for therapy stuff like that. life got busy too.

i came to this website after i got hit by a major crave and desire after i read an article about CD. hmmm it like you lost it and suddenly it came back to you like a major storm. I cannot stop thinking about it for the last week and so. really spins your mind.

currently owns not a single item except whatever is in my mind.

It happens to most of us that are just caught up in life. I have a wife that totally accepts and suppports my feminine side. Life sometimes just gets in the way. It has been 6 or 7 months since last dressed as "her", but have the urges and longing every day. Time will come to let her out again.

marie telford cd
    I went for a numbr of years without dressing, but i dress now more than ever.

Recovering Shopaholic LaurenInDC's Avatar
    Speaking from my own experience, I go through phases where either I'm simply too busy in male mode (3 kids will do that to you ) or simply don't feel like it. It has lasted as long as an hour or so, or as much as 6 months. During those periods, it just wasn't enjoyable, so I didn't dress. I found that it went away after time.

-L

What a coincidence! Just today the urge to dress suddenly came back to me after a lapse of about 6 months or so. This morning I put on my ordinary man clothes, but then the urge hit, so I changed into panties, a bra, and a pair of girl jeans. Then after logging on here for the first time in months, this was the first thread I came across.

I have been on and off all my life, but have no idea what causes the changes. All I know is that I feel very comfortable at the moment.

I started dress every day after my wife became aware of my dressing I give her the weekend I go drab been about 11/2 years no breaks as of yet
    Angie

Banned Read only

Question Do the clothes really make the woman anyway?

I have almost never gone without thinking about dressing, but I do go for long periods without actually dressing. Maybe it is because for me dressing always means going out, and lately the outings have become daylong events which require truly free time and much planning and makeup work etc. I think for me that 24/7 dressing around the house would eventually make the whole thing a real bore. This way I can put some time and money aside and have a real great time. In the end I don't think I stop being a dresser because I don't actually dress the part. Do the clothes really make the woman anyway?

Lady Ranee Daze

No urge

I'm there now. I just painted my toes this last weekend and dressed a little. I haven't had the urge for months. This has been a life long endeavor with me and I know it won't go away. But right now I'm not interested. However I do remained shaved and I'm here, so I guess I do have interest even if I'm not acting on it. Plus to add insult to injury I live alone and can do as I please. I wonder when I'll feel like my girlself again. Peace, Girdlewoman
    P.S. I'm getting older and wonder how much of this feeling is related to aging? Sort of a menopause for T-ladies.

i went a hole month without having blue cheese dressing

Was there a few weeks ago. In mid October I went full drab. Stopped shaving, got the polish off my toe nails, clipped my finger nails, all that, and I didn't know why then, but found out. See, we were doing a haunted house at work, and I was one of the ones in charge. Charlie has always loved Halloween, so he came to the fore, and took charge. The day after we went back to normal at work, so did I. Whereas up until the 31st I had no desire, I dressed as you see in my avantar for Halloween night. Stiil haven't shaved, but as I work outside alot, I figure the pelt will help keep me warm this winter, other than than the hairiness, I'm (Lily) back with a vengeance until I guess Charlie is needed again. It's all good!
    Love and xxxx, Lily
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

Gold Member
    I take a lot of breaks but I will never, and I mean never wear boxers

Quote Originally Posted by Tina Dixon View Post
    I take a lot of breaks but I will never, and I mean never wear boxers

Boxers-eeeewww!
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferMint View Post
    I kind of want more femme clothes that I can wear while in drab, so that I can dress all the time!
    I agree with mint I could probably put togehter maybe a weeks worth of ture outfits without going throught the mixing and matching. mixing an matching I can come up with a lot more but then thats mixing and matching I kinda want new stuff every day oh my I must be a shop-O-holic.

Sure..I just get burned out at times. It lasts from days to weeks and I even enjoy the diversion but it comes back like a lost friend ready to party! But Its like part of me is missing and I am glad to return to my "normal"
    Kris

Taking a break

I don't always want to dress. Alot of the time thinking of it is enough. Sometimes I will wear my femme shoes around the house cleaning and etc. I recently bought a pair of womens tennis shoes that look fairly masculine but are femme, and I have worn them with my male clothes in public. I can go months sometimes without dressing but I think about it every other day or so. Or if things are slow at work I fantasize about different outfits I would like to wear. My SO is putting together an outfit for me so we can go to a club sometime soon, and the thought of her picking out the outfit for me is enough for now. Lacey.
    Just wearing what's comfortable!

I take breaks...usually no more than a week. But not due to lack of interest, rather its due to family and work stuff getting in the way of my CDing!

I've taken a few breaks. This summer, I didn't go full femme for about two months. I still would wear a sweatshirt and leggings when bumming around the house, but I just didn't have the desire to go out. I also had a period a few years ago, for about 6 months where I didn't wear anything femme, shave or anthing...I was a hairy beast when that was over.

None of these were imposed by circumstances, just by apathy.
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

I'm going through such a phase at the moment; I'm glad this post came up because I was thinking that I'd lost the urge to dress completely. Of course deep down I realise that it will return, and reading that lot's of you gurls have these 'off phases' has made me realise I'm not alone. Suddenly I feel the urge returning, must stop typing now and get dressing. REALLY.

I take the whole summer off from dressing espeically when its hot outside. But one thing I love about the cool weather is dressing up in my womens clothing.

Yepper - just coming out of a phase like that! lol

I am in the same boat .
    I can dress every day then i will have no desire to dress for weeks .
    my wife knows now that i love to dress so i wonder now if i am losing interest to dress .

I have actually gone weeks without dressing, then suddenly I'll get the urge to walk around the apartment in t-shirt, shorts and pantyhose! And there are days when i'll dress up from head to toe and be happy with that too. The longest I ever went without dressing up was nearly 2 1/2 years when I was in my early twenties. I was having a hard time understanding both my bondage fetish and crossdressing and I was afraid I was turning into a "creep" or some sort of sex fiend. I got over it and happily I still do both!
    -Audrey