Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Nair" Don't do it!

Tell ya what, because of the horror stories that have been posted about Nair, I'm stickin' with shaving! Got the Quattro, and haven't had a nick yet. Might try an eplilator though. Love and xxxx, Lily
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

Ive tried nair before and ive never had any luck with it.And have had the same rashing proublems as well i use sensitive skin razors and have never had any proublems

i used Nair all the time. the only time i get a reaction is when i don't watch the time and leave it in to long, and it lasts about a week. with shaving i got to shave everyday

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by susancheerleader View Post
    I decided to try that "Nair" hair removal for my legs. I figured it was an easy way to remove hair rather then shaving. I followed the directions, but OH MY GOD what a horrible reaction I had.
    Most of my legs turned into a painful red rash that I couldn't do anything about. I tried washing, I tried skin softener, I tried Allo gel to no avail. The only thing I could do was wait for two days for the rash to go away. During that time I couldn't wear pants or have anything touch the skin on my legs.

I don't know what happened but I am staying away from that stuff.
    So much for the "easy way" to remove hair.

Oh. I almost forgot. Nair smells horrible too.
    I've had much better results with Veet than I ever did with nair.

TX & MN
    I tried it on my face once, and looked terrible for weeks.

Raksha's My Dreamboat Tracy_Victoria's Avatar
    I decided to try that "Nair" hair removal for my legs. I figured it was an easy way to remove hair rather then shaving. I followed the directions, but OH MY GOD what a horrible reaction I had.
    Most of my legs turned into a painful red rash that I couldn't do anything about. I tried washing, I tried skin softener, I tried Allo gel to no avail. The only thing I could do was wait for two days for the rash to go away. During that time I couldn't wear pants or have anything touch the skin on my legs.

I don't know what happened but I am staying away from that stuff.
    So much for the "easy way" to remove hair.

Oh. I almost forgot. Nair smells horrible too.

It does say on the instructions, test a small patch first to see if you have an extreme reaction, some people skin is more sensitive that other.

I've used Nair loads of times (longer than recomended) with no reaction at all.
    Cya

Tracy

[SIZE="2"]The nail that stands out the most, is the one that is hammered down the hardest![/SIZE]

http://www.naircare.co.uk/FAQ.htm

I've never used a depilatory cream before.

When using a depilatory cream for the first time it is important to read the instructions carefully and carry out a patch test. If the skin is normal after 24 hours, proceed with the full application.
    Last edited by Tracy_Victoria; 01-20-2007 at 03:06 PM.
    Cya

Tracy

[SIZE="2"]The nail that stands out the most, is the one that is hammered down the hardest![/SIZE]

Shaving definitly is a lot more safe then the "Nair" idea. But some suggested they tried other hair removal products that didn't bother so much.
    While shaving is okay, I was looking for something that last a little longer and I heard the hair removal creams work better for that.

True or false?
    True

http://www.naircare.co.uk/FAQ.htm

How do depilatories work?
    Unlike shaving, hair removal creams are formulated to detach the hair just beneath the skin's surface, which means new growth will take longer to emerge from the hair follicle. The active ingredient penetrates the hair shaft to dissolve its linkages, breaking down the cellular material that holds the dead cells together. As a result, when showering off the product, hair is easily pulled away with minimum fuss. Dependent on the individual's growth rate, it can take up to a week before the process needs to be repeated.
    Cya

Tracy

Good Post to remind us

that that stuff is some powerful. Got to remember don't leave that stuff on too long and test a small area first. Susan

I dress to feel pretty Tina P Hose's Avatar
    I have used Nair and had no problems. However, lately i have been shaving and actually kind of enjoy bath time when I shave.
    From Madrid to Montreal that underneath it all that Tina prefers pantyhose

More Info

Check out this link for more info about Nair.
    http://householdproducts.nlm.nih.gov...nds&id=3002008

AGREED...Nair is terrible stuff...avoid it at all costs. I was at my first "get away weekend years ago, and as soon as I arrived I bathed and proceeded to use Nair...for the first time. Terrible, painful burns and the horrid smell wouldn't go away. It really ruined an otherwise great weekend.
    Hugs,
    Christy

Shaving

Usually when we buy shampoo's we get the set 2 for 1 deal where you get a conditioner along with it. Being we don't use conditioners as much as we do shampoo we have alot of conditioner left over. I put conditioner on my legs and let it sit for a minute or two and then shave it makes the hair so much softer and easier to shave and you get a very smooth shave. You need to make sure you get all the conditioner off. My SO is doing this too now and he's had no problems.

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar
    I agree, I have been using conditioner now for a few months and it works wonders, it does not burn, is gives a nice smooth shave and it just plain feels good.
    What stop do I get off at? Hmmm...

It's hard to be smooth...

Have you even tried one of those electic things with the long spring that rips the hair out? Wow that was a level of pain I never needed to see!

These days I tend to shave or go several layers of panyhose. I find each layer feels sexy so I dont mind at all

Maxine

Obviously we aren't equal with regard to how we react to various substances... Some of us have a more sensitive skin to products like NAIR or VEET or any other depilatory creams.

Most vendore recomend to try on a small skin area, and on a spot that is rather not too sensitive to pains... If it workd there then use it for the rest of the body parts you want to make as smooth as you would like them to be...

I'm quite lucky with these depilatory creams. I've followed the instructions carefully and never had a problem, except once when I forgot one of the "rules"...

I alternate shaving and depilatory creams.

Eugenie

Junior Member Scrunchie-Bunchie's Avatar
    I tried Nair. I applied as per instructions. Waited as per instructions and... nothing happened. It didn't do anything.

Banned Read only

Tried Nads

It pulls the hair off! It is not pain less and did not work for me. My hair holds on too well, even in very small patches!
    My wife used it on her legs but it is not easy.

Would like to be able afford a waxing.

I have sensitive skin and these hair removing creams scare me. I have heard people getting burns from them.
    Last edited by janedoe311; 01-22-2007 at 02:06 PM.

Nair

I tried it once work great on legs so i figured why not try around cortch for that clean look was i sorry for that it was like burned for a week ouch

I used to use Nair with no problems then all of a sudden it really burned my skin. It took about a week to get rid if the red. I have then tried Neet and it did the same so i now just shave.

I've tried Nair if I leave it on for as long as instructions say I get a really wicked burn, if I shorten the time it doesn't do a good job of removing the hair. Also have tried veet with similar results.
    I have been shaving for awhile now, I lotion up with baby oil before showering and shave while in the shower. Works good for me no rashes, no hair. I can usually shower and shave in 10-15 minutes so it's not a big deal, I shave everyday need it or not.
    Natalie

Short Skirts & Long Legs

No Problems

I use nair all the time with out effect, other than less a lot of hair...for me the real sign its been on at bit to long is the tingle/burn sensation i get...look out shower... I also use the bikini formula for down there... with out problem either...I would suggest you try it on a single spot to see how long it takes to work and see if you get the same reactions...they also make a 3 minute formula now, that seem a little less effective, but five minutes takes it all away any way...

and as always I use lot and lots of lotion...Jergens is my brand, with hair growth inhibitor...and I might also say after six months of use it seems to help. I now only have to use the nair about every 10 days...

At any rate good luck...

I've had no problems at all using Nair
    I feel it beats the heel out of shaving
    I just don't have fun -- I make the fun

Life's too short........Enjoy every day

Personally I love Nair. My only bad experience with it was after applying it to my armpits. Ouch!