Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's a girl to do?

It would be difficult to associate the female appearing me with the male appearing me, even from my avitar. Think about this; some GG's have their avitar(not incognito) posted here and they freely admit be the SO of a crossdresser. I think there is a bigger risk there.
    "Lady Fingers"

well it's up to you. you should be OK here. if anyone finds out just ask why they were here.. but it's up to when you feel right about it then go a head
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

or you can simply half do it a good cam angle and the right distance the right positon and boom just look at the avatar over there one of my first pics I ever took totaly horrible but its nice for what it does. It gives you my overall apperence minus the eye to eye i've seen others who does great pics like that but I don't have that kinda expertise

Luminous beings are we...

Thanks

Thanks to everyone for weighing in. I appreciate the reassurance from those of you who say that it isn't necessary in order to be a part of the group here. I also appreciate the encouragement from those of you who say to post my pics because of the good experiences you have had posting yours. Mostly, I think I appreciate the advice I got from several of you who say to do what makes me comfortable. For now what makes me comfortable is hiding my face - it makes me sad, but comfortable.

I guess it also makes me a ninny, right, Karren?
    Amanda Knight

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by amandak_tv View Post
    What about it, ladies? Anyone ever posted a pic only to regret it later?
    It took me quite some time to get comfortable enough to be photographed for the club newsletter and web site. Even now I don't allow it very often -- not unless I'm in full femme, wig included.

I go out in public part-femme, skirt or dress or even just blouse and forms, all without wig -- but then people just see me in passing. I'm not comfortable about posting pictures in which my face is recognizable as my male face. A fair number of people who have seen me in drab and then en femme quickly recognize me en femme even with wig, so my face must be somehow distinctive enough (though it isn't exceptional in any way I can think of.)

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gianna25 View Post
    Unless the person has joined the site and has more than 10 posts they can only see the MTF section...not the Pic or any other section.
    Note by the way that the MTF section is indexed by Google, or at least has been in the past.
    For example, my "recipe to stop crossdressing" thread is indexed, though a lot of my other posts are as readily found.

For now my avatar is way cuter than me so that's how I want everyone to know me .

I think posting pics is a very personal decision. I used to be really careful of my privacy but lately have posted on other sites or sent some pretty incriminating pics to people I am blindly trusting (no, you don't want to see them here). If they come back to haunt me so be it, although you hear, esp with young people, about that happening with prospective employers etc. If your personal info is non-identifiable here it really reduces the chances of someone finding you by a Google search or something. Pics posted here are easy for any member to copy so you do have to trust everyone who becomes a member to not willfully or accidently release your pic to the greater world.

Having said that, posting a pic is a liberating experience, quite exciting (NO, you don't want to see mine here! :nono: ) because you are saying "so what? this is me! " You can always be creative with how much you show and still take a good pic. But I wouldn't expect anyone to post a pic and I don't expect them to have me post a pic. If you tell us about something interesting we are sometimes curious to see, but it doesn't mean we get to see.