Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Privacy? What's that? (Long read)

Gotta agree with the rest of the girls- GET OUT! Time for your own place. At this point in your life it's called getting a life. Your parents would probably also enjoy the privacy it would give them. My son moved out in July to start his own life at 23, and I'm thrilled for him. He is learning how to live in the real world. Yes, I'm here for him, and we talk on a regular basis, but I have my privacy, and he is enjoying himself with not only his job, but with the freedom he has now being out from under Dad's eyes. Love and xxxx, Lily
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

Quote Originally Posted by Trina82 View Post
    What if I were to write something out on a piece of paper, explaining my stance on crossdressing, and explaining what I posted above?
    Only you know your relationship with your folks but it's my feeling a note will engender questions and it'll be up to you to answer them. Unless you want a situation in which they will answer those questions for themselves. The problem with a note is that it's one-way communication. Coming out is too complicated for that, as I see it.

yes, get your own place, but please don't do what our son did, that is spend more time at our place than at his. We finially had to move out of state to get rid of him.

what gives her the right?

You're living in her house and still letting her do your laundry including your sheets. Don't want mom in your room, call a locksmith and have a lock put on your door then keep the only key.

Yep - what they said
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    I'm in almost the same situation as you. So I would suggest you doing a "divide to conquer" approach. First you should talk openly to your mother, since probably was she who found out about your hidden clothes. Ask her about this event and ask what she thinks about it, then you can explain yourself to her. Then let her handle the approach with your father. I don't know him,
    but there isn't anything worse to a (classic old-school) father than knowing his son is "not a son"
    (as you said, they do not know the difference between homo and CDing), so your mother should now better how to handle this situation.

If you write a note like you said, maybe you will end up saying too much and creating an ankward situation, it's better to know what they think first before making your move.
    OK first things first Trina's father knowing his son is "not a son" i don't agree with that ... so are you saying that CD are not men ?
    Trina mom and dad know something is going on.. but are trying to figure out what ... it's time to talk Trina with your mom first i know it is going to be hard but you have to.. try putting your self in there shoes right now .. face it you are Busted in more ways than one . talk to mom
    now remember you still live at home OK you pay rent but it's there home and too bad for you mom found your stuff try and find your own place or get a lock for your door "too late now "
    just talk to them ... hugs Marissa
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I actually like your note idea. You know your mom knows and maybe she will be able to see it from your side after she reads the note. I would then keep the clothes in your closet, in a small box or drawer. Don't hide them, but keep them out of the way so it doesn't become a game with her trying to find your stash. Mom's may help support you more than Dad, and may prove to be an ally.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    OK first things first Trina's father knowing his son is "not a son" i don't agree with that ... so are you saying that CD are not men ?
    Trina mom and dad know something is going on.. but are trying to figure out what ... it's time to talk Trina with your mom first i know it is going to be hard but you have to.. try putting your self in there shoes right now .. face it you are Busted in more ways than one . talk to mom
    now remember you still live at home OK you pay rent but it's there home and too bad for you mom found your stuff try and find your own place or get a lock for your door "too late now "
    just talk to them ... hugs Marissa
    You got the wrong idea from my post. I was talking from the father's point of view, which Trina said is closed minded and dont know the difference about crossdressing and everything else. It is not my personal opinion!

Banned Read only
    You're living in her house and still letting her do your laundry

-The heading of that post was "what give her the right?" Well, it is HER house, and SHE is DOING the laundry. Good god, grow up, move out, get a life.