Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Femme Names

Femme Names

I'm interested to know how all you gals got your femme name...I thought about it for years and for a long time i wanted to call myself Sadie. It was back in the early nineties when at an after club party she introduced herself as "Sadie" or "David". I was totally convinced she was a GG until she spoke (voice pretty deep,etc). Anyway she was totally sexy and cool with sublime style...

I always felt, however, that i can't just go around nicking femme names, it just wasn't right. So it was about seven years ago when i was reading this excellent SF novel (The Stone Canal, by Ken MacLeod) when i came across the character Dee Model. It was an epifany. I had found myself in black and white. She is so me!

Dee. x

I think there's a couple more postings on the subject, but for me, I've always loved visiting Sedona, AZ, and thought it'd be a different and pretty name.
    -Sedona

If I named myself after the place I love to visit my name would be Anchorage

Angie

Dee - I use the feminine version of my first name, and then my middle name as a last name.

That way if I react to someone saying my first name (and you will almost always react - without thinking, because you have done so your whole life), I can say "Oh, I thought you said 'Paula'".

If I ever have to use my real last name, I will say that it was my "married" name, but I don't use it except when necessary.

My cousin was called Kim, but she changed her name to Denise.

I had a crush on her when I was younger and I liked her name. I think she made a mistake changing it, but she's happier with Denise.

I'm a writer, so maybe I'll write a mobie script as Kim Kandy. Lots of writers use nom de plum's to write under.

Kim Kandy

is in her vest
    I had never even thought of myself by a femme name until I came to this forum. I needed a login here, and it most certainly wasn't going to be my real name, and I'd have to remember the login. It just so happened that I had been playing away on my guitar not long before finding this place, and one of my favorite songs to play is Sweet Jane....and the rest they say is history!!

It's funny, but now I do think of my alter ego as "jane"...wierd
    Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. ~Potter Stewart

Thumbs up Name calling

I got my name from my first name and adding ie and the middle name of my wife which I like. Billiemarie.

I love the stories of Anne of green gables. Would check them out and read them, she was a strong red head girl. She was the girl that I dreamed to be. That is how I came by Anne

Needed a screen name and figured this was as good as any. I don't need a fem name as I only dress for myself, so if someone is calling me I have a problem other than crossdressing
    "My Mother wanted me to find a nice girl..so I became one."

I always liked the name and the spelling was different.

Yeh, Dee Model is pretty cool. With the Beatles' song still out there, I'd stay away from Sadie, for sure. I'm looking into getting my name legally changed (not as DayTripper). I'm considering one I've loved for many a year but I have my apprehensions - it's an old girlfriends' name, my first crush, and I wonder if I'd be stealing it in a way.

I've tried a couple of other names, but Linnea is the one that I have kept and liked the best. Linnea comes from the name of a Swedish taxonomist/biologist whose name was Carl von Linne (aka Linnaeus). Among other things that he wrote was the statement, "Nature does not proceed by leaps." I think of this when I get impatient or anxious for something to happen or develop. There is a mountain flower named after Linnaeus and a small songbird called a linnet (not named after Linnaeus): I identify with both.

For awhile I went by Carol which is a variation of my male middle name. At a few other times I used Willa which is a name I like very much and relates to an American novelist (Willa Cather) whose novels I read and liked. However, Linnea has outlasted all of those, although I still use Carol as my middle name.
    warmly, Linnea

name

i came about my name from a richie valance song oh donna

Trouble On Wheels Francesca Chantel's Avatar
    Francesca - name for daughter I never had
    Chantel - My first girlfriend's name - She was tragically killed by a drunk driver the night I proposed to her.

Smile

I took my name from the part Sussan Summers played on "Three"s Company" Given the fact, that I like dressing as a maid, most of the time, "Maid Suzzette" might be more appro for me LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Francesca,

Oh my gods, that makes me cry. I feel very deeply. I can't stop now.

Love.

Dee.
    Last edited by Dee Model; 11-14-2006 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Specificity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimkandy View Post
    My cousin was called Kim, but she changed her name to Denise.

I had a crush on her when I was younger and I liked her name. I think she made a mistake changing it, but she's happier with Denise.

I'm a writer, so maybe I'll write a mobie script as Kim Kandy. Lots of writers use nom de plum's to write under.

Kim Kandy
    Hi Kim, I am a writer also. But unto myself only. I have kept a journal over the last five tears, i mean years. I have tried to read over it but it is invariarably too painful.

So full of hurt. I honestly do not want anyone to read it because, for one...it is too personal, and another, it would, i feel, cause them pain. I have never wanted ever to hurt anyone.

My pain is my own.

Dee.

AprilMae,

You is one hot chick regardless!
    Last edited by Dee Model; 11-14-2006 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Specificity

One more step... outside! Francine's Avatar

fem name

I've answered this before in another thread too, but my mother gave me my fem name. She once told me if I had been born a girl... my name would of been "Francine". When I started crossdressing, I remembered what she had said, and have refered to my fem name as Francine, since.

Francine
    "Flatter me, and I may not believe you.
    Critisize me and I may not like you.
    Ignore me and I may not forgive you.
    Encourage me ... and I will never forget you!"

The choice of my name was a little bit casual. When I was choosing a name... I listened to the song by Marlene Dietrich "Lili Marlen" (i like very much retro: songs, cinema...) also i decided - why not?

P.S. I write Marlen (not Marlene) because it is Russian transcription of a name.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Model View Post
    AprilMae,

You is one hot chick regardless!
    Well thanks, but I only wish that was a picture of me........
    "My Mother wanted me to find a nice girl..so I became one."

Short version, I stole mine from a contestant on Big Brother a few seasons ago. You might want to look at this thread to see how this question has been answered in the past.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

hi there i like mj but i have friends call'd mary jane. and so i look'd up baby names and change mj to Marissa Jennifer and my friends call me mj and thats what i wanted all along
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I bought one of those 20,000 Names for Baby books and went through it, carefully selecting the names which initially appealed to me. I created a list which I then read through each day for a week or so, crossing off any name that lost its appeal. When the list was down to around 10, I started saying the names out loud several times each day, once again crossing off those which did not feel like "me." After this, I was left with three or four names and I took time to go outside, in a fairly isolated area, and shout the names at the top of my lungs. Several times through this exercise and I was left with one name: Taffy.

When I went looking for an email account, I stumbled upon iName.com (now Mail.com), the free email service. They offered email accounts in a large number of domains, including cheerful.com. I was fortunate to be able to register my account as taffy@cheerful.com and Taffy Cheerful was locked in as my name. By the way, I really, really, really do like my name.

Taffy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click Here to View My Website: Taffy's Tea Trolley
    "Growing old is inevitable; growing up is optional..."

Well mine came from I guess Alyssa Miliano or however you spell her last name and I love the way Alyssa looks when you write it not print it so boom there you go.