Thread: And yet another step foward

And yet another step foward

My SO took me to a local (well, about 30 miles away) gay/bi/cd/tv/etc...bar tonight. I was so pumped and we got there and went in. I was a wreck walking into that place for some reason. To my suprise about 8 people were there and that was it!

So we had a beer and I used the bathroom and left after about 30 mins.
    I don't know what I was wanting to happen but that was not it. I guess we will try another night. At least there was no cover charge.

A night waisted? Not really cause I got to go out as Beth for a few hours.

That is all. I don't know why I bother with this post but just to let you all know how bored I was.LOL
    I am in love with the most understanding GG and my biggest fan. Jennifer, I love you!

Beth, there's no such thing as a bad night out... some are just better than others.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Sejd
    That's all right, you had a bad night, the next will be a fantastic experience.
    keep at it
    huggs
    Sejd

wrong 8 people were in it - that's all.
    Next time invite 8 of us. That'll get the place hopping.

Hi Beth:

I'm not reading your post correctly or I am just dense, but I am having trouble trying to figure out the reason for your dissapointment.

I will assume you were looking for more people at the Bar and more Sista's! if that's the case let me suggest an explanation. Probably, the wrong night of the week. If it's failure to find excitement or new friends, wait until you get known by a few people. Start talking to folks and listening to their stories, be accepting, and be genuinely interested in what they have to say.

If you want to be around a lot of people, try Friday Night, and usually it's even better on Saturday. That seems to be the nights for my CD and TS Sista's to get out and do The Club Scene, at least that's the case in my neck of the woods. At bars that are accepting, you won't see a ton of us, but usually it can range from four or 5 to many more. When The Z was going strong down here in Tampa/St. Pete a typical Saturday night featured 50 to 100 of us all under one roof, conversing and having fun. Oh by the way, it usually gets going after 10 PM.

If you were looking to get picked up....or whatever, be careful! Most of these "joints" can feature a lot of wonderful people with some wierdo's mixed in. Keep your powder dry and don't go anywhere alone with anyone unknown to you.

Anyway, better luck next time. Hey, try it again this Saturday Night. Bet the place looks very different!

Peace and Love, Joanie

At least you went out, some on here would give their right arm to do what you did and would have said it was a great night.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

bad night?

Hon any night out is a good night. Just try again and again. Good nights are a comen. Be careful and enjoy making new friends.

Eileen

Hello,
    Just a word on your night out. Please try and look at it from another perspective. Only 8 people in the bar when you arrived? That's not to bad actually. I am not sure if this was your first time out or not, but a first time out dressed can be a little overwhelming for a CD, more so if there are a lot of people in the same place. Where there are a lot of people a first time CD might have other fears going on in her mind, such as, the chance of meeting familiar people seeing you dressed for the first time, strangers picking her up etc.
    A smaller crowd of people will give a first time CD some much needed experience, some time to relax and enjoy the experience. A second, third, time out etc., will be much more exciting and pleasurable once the confidence level has gone up.
    Of course if you been out many times before this episode. Tehn I could understand of your dissapointment to some degree, but you were with your SO, that in itself should qualify has a great time, no matter what the size of the crowd might be. Try going back out there on a Saturday evening instead of the middle of the week. I am sure the crowd will be a little bigger to suite your taste for excitement. Good luck.

Beth hun, be happy, you were out with your SO. It sounds like you enjoyed it & you made progress. If you where looking to get hit on, who knows the next time might be the charm. Just enjoy being able to go & be yourself, the rest will come sooner than you think.
    Janelle

My problem is that I work Fri,Sat&Sunday and I am on 2nd shift. So my nights out are Monday and Tuesday. That is were my problem is.

I was not looking to be picked up. I have my SO for that.

We were just wanting to see some of the friends that are there on a regular basis (CD&GG's friends of ours) but no one was there but 7 gay men and 1 TV.

When I use to go out in drab to regular bars I am use to crowds. But that was on weekends though.

I am not looking at it as a bad night out but just a boring one.
    I am in love with the most understanding GG and my biggest fan. Jennifer, I love you!

Beth you have to make the fun its not just there hun
    Angie

Banned Read only
    I think perhaps you expected something different, but in fact things are pretty much the same except for your wardrobe. Gay bars, like all other bars, are more hoppin on the weekends, but we all know that.

So, it was a nice, pleasent - if dull - night out. You dressed up, went for a drive, had a drink or two, went home. Sounds OK to me. And I don't think that a few easy times are all that bad before you hit the big clubs on a big night. Your just getting used to being you, that's a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by tekla west View Post
    I think perhaps you expected something different, but in fact things are pretty much the same except for your wardrobe. Gay bars, like all other bars, are more hoppin on the weekends, but we all know that.

So, it was a nice, pleasent - if dull - night out. You dressed up, went for a drive, had a drink or two, went home. Sounds OK to me. And I don't think that a few easy times are all that bad before you hit the big clubs on a big night. Your just getting used to being you, that's a good thing.

That sums it up pretty much.

Nowhere else to go but up right? Hey at least you took the step! You could always take a sick day on a friday or saturday...
    - Natalie

P.S. that's what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R where eliminated.
    -Mitch Headburg

"If you think you think outside the box, you're trapped in one"
    - M.C. Paul Barman

Quote Originally Posted by Beth3 View Post
    My SO took me to a local (well, about 30 miles away) gay/bi/cd/tv/etc...bar tonight. I was so pumped and we got there and went in. I was a wreck walking into that place for some reason. To my suprise about 8 people were there and that was it!

So we had a beer and I used the bathroom and left after about 30 mins.
    Sounds a long way to go for a beer... you should have stayed longer or found another bar.

The place might have livened up after two or three beers...

Kim

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]Any time I'm out is a good night, just some are better than others. Get dressed go out with your SO and enjoy.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by JulieCDorlando View Post
    Hello,
    Just a word on your night out. Please try and look at it from another perspective. Only 8 people in the bar when you arrived? That's not to bad actually. I am not sure if this was your first time out or not, but a first time out dressed can be a little overwhelming for a CD, more so if there are a lot of people in the same place. Where there are a lot of people a first time CD might have other fears going on in her mind, such as, the chance of meeting familiar people seeing you dressed for the first time, strangers picking her up etc.
    A smaller crowd of people will give a first time CD some much needed experience, some time to relax and enjoy the experience. A second, third, time out etc., will be much more exciting and pleasurable once the confidence level has gone up.
    Of course if you been out many times before this episode. Tehn I could understand of your dissapointment to some degree, but you were with your SO, that in itself should qualify has a great time, no matter what the size of the crowd might be. Try going back out there on a Saturday evening instead of the middle of the week. I am sure the crowd will be a little bigger to suite your taste for excitement. Good luck.

As Julie said a night out is great, But with your wife it was fantastic, I wish my so would let me dress in the house that in it self would quailify as a great night, just keep on going to these places and before you know it youll be a regualr, just watch out for spills, cloths cost alot of money, it would be a shame if they got ruined, good luck Love Charolette