Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outed at Work!

Outed at Work!

OMG! I think I've been outed at work! I was hanging out with some of
    the guys last night at a bar and one of them said "Give this shot to
    Staycee down there" The other guys said WHAT?? I just ignored it and
    played dumb and made like he was crazy or drunk. Nothing more was
    said. Should I confront him and ask just what he meant by that? And
    just what does he plan on doing with whatever information he may have?
    After all, he must have been trolling through CD profiles to even find
    me! I've had no contact at all with anyone who isn't CD. Only my wife
    and I know about Staycee. I actually have deleted any pics on yahoo and my space of me till
    I find out just where this is going. Any advise?

Plan ahead. What policies govern your job situation? Figure how to out yourself with dignity if circumstances demand. Don't let anyone get the jump on you. Don't assume a defensive posture with anyone, ever - you're 'guilty' of nothing. And, above all, be proud of who you are - multi-talented individual who just happens to be more interesting than most people. And, be sure if anyone's had one too many to drink, it ain't you.

Lovely photo, btw, dear.

Now take a deep breath.
    Last edited by Calliope; 11-15-2006 at 01:20 PM.

Daytripper is right. plan ahead but don't panic a calm head is a sensible head
    just think and you will work out if he realy knows anything or is just fishing
    Karren Hutton your an Inspiration

This is why one should stay away from MySpace and Yahoo

You get too many people putting you in as their "friends" and one browsing through can click on the friends...thats why the only place i have my pic is here....if someone finds it they were on this website looking for CD and TS stuff. The problem with Myspace and Yahoo is that someone can "accidentally" find you by searching through someone elses profile who added you as a friend....
    Good Luck with this!

If he does know anything he's just baiting you
    Don't take the bait, don't confront him.
    If he pushes and outs you at work he'll look like a jerk he would be.
    If he does you might ask him why he is so interested in your personal life and why he visit CD sites.

If you aren't CDing at work your employer should have no interest.

I agree....ignore him and don't fuel the fire....

I'm always crossdressing to some extent in and around work and more than once have had friends make innuendos about my gender...."That's your change room - pointing to the womens locker room". And with out secretary named Karen I'm always turning around when I hear someone calling for her!! Lol

But I guess we all need to be more careful at work.....ahhhh what the heck!! Lol

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Thanks for the advise. I believe I will just ignore it. After all, my femme pics don't look much like me in boy mode. Since they don't exist on the web anymore except for here theres really no proof. Hopefully it will just go away!

BTW Thanks 4 the compliment DayTripper!

If he tries to bring it up more directly in a group again, simply question what he was doing looking at those sites anyway, or imply that he looked pretty good dressed up too.
    I am only a cross dresser when I don't crossdress!

About Me: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...595#post306595

"I don't want the world to see me, cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am" - Goo Goo Dolls

[SIZE="3"]www.HappyDressers.com[/SIZE] - Where cross dressers go to be happy!

Is it a possibly just name collision accident. I've had many people call me brianna over time because it was a natural extension. Although I'm not sure what Stacee possibly comes close to.

Being a coward, I avoid myspace like the plague.

I agree, ignore him. You might as well assume that he knows though, even cool people let these things slip. I worked at a pretty conservative consulting firm in DC and we hired a consultant who looked like straight, normal guy. After working there about 3 weeks someone ran into him at a bar, I think it was called Trax, on fetish night and he was leathered and pierced to the maximum. Word spread and at least all the fun younger people knew. The person[s] that ran into him were a couple and noone ever asked why they were there. lol. End of story - he sucked it up, figured everyone knew and no one cared (we all actually found him more interesting) and suddently he was comming to the office with the barbell through his nose.

-b

At times I have been thru situations like yours. I always acted dumb and looked at the accusers like they were crazy. Then I would say something like> Are you feelimg OK? Should we call you a cab? Can you get home ok? And I walked off shaking my head..It has always worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by KateW View Post
    If he tries to bring it up more directly in a group again, simply question what he was doing looking at those sites anyway, or imply that he looked pretty good dressed up too.
    Good one!

Sounds like a fear I've always had --- from a previous post "I've had this thought pass through my head! what if someone I knew called me Jennifer "
    OMG

Jennifer

Jennifer - Re "what if someone I knew called me Jennifer OMG".

That is why I use the feminine version of my real name.

It makes it easy to say "Oh..... I thought you said _________".

I don't think I'd rely to heavily on the "explain what you were doing looking there" insurance for him keeping his mouth shut. Double that WRT myspace. Here's how it goes, "Hey, you'll never believe this but I was looking for my friend Stacey's myspace page the other night and look what I found instead."

Not trying to make you panic Staycee, just being a realist.

outed at work

How close does your boy self resemble your femme self? I think you should ask him casually why he called you staycee. Then depending on his response go from there.

I'll just try to ignore it and not bring it up.. Act normally. Hopefully it will go away! I deleted EVERYTHING on my space and Yahoo. I only allowed other CD's as friends there and I'm not even sure if thats where I was found out so it would have been like a needle in a haystack, but certainly going to be WAY MORE careful! Thanks for all the advise girls!
    Staycee

Hey Paula!

I think if somene I knew other that this forum and my SO called me Jennifer than I would certainly know I was outed and well---- so be it!!! I do like you're style BTW

Jennifer:be:

It is a hazard, since most of us tend to use the feminine form of our male names. Perhaps, he was just trying to be funny. I agree with the rest, ignore it.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Another day at the office.

And if this was at a bar I bet he didn't want to remember who he was. Forget about it.
    If the clothes make the man then the makeup makes the woman.

The woman inside me Kathryn Philips's Avatar
    If someone at work called me Kattie then I would know that they knew about my CDing as my given name is completely different. But if it were to happen then I would prefer if it was done discretely. If the colleague was a male I would ask him if he had come across one of my internet profiles because he was a CD/TV admirer or a CD/TV himself. If the person was female then would ask why are they interested in subject of CDing, perhaps as SO of a CD/TV?
    xxx
    Kathryn

Waiting for my upgrade to Female

LOL

Just as an aside.....

At work, my computer sign in name is "Joe D", and I didn't pick it
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Like Kattie, my male name is WAY different so I know he knows something.. However, just had a couple of beers with him and another co-worker and all was normal. I just acted like myself. Will keep you posted!
    Staycee

I would ignore it, not fuel it.

Everyone calls me Scottie...always has!

Anyway, those Myspace places like that are NOT private, there was a criminal charge or lawsuit and the info was obtained from a PRIVATE site - it's not private......nothing is private on the internet, anonymous maybe, but not private.
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

I agree just ignore...that was the first thing they teach you in sales training....ignore the first objection.....so just ignore it and move on, but keep your pics off of other websites ;-)

Anyways glad to hear it seems to have blown over.

G

Quote Originally Posted by StayceeCD View Post
    Like Kattie, my male name is WAY different so I know he knows something.. However, just had a couple of beers with him and another co-worker and all was normal. I just acted like myself.
    The easiset thing is just deny it. As you say your name is different and you look different... so it's not you.

Strange resemblance maybe must have you mixed up with someone else.

Kim