Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A little bit about me and my life so far

Smile A little bit about me and my life so far

I haven’t had an easy life, my parents divorced when I was a baby. Mum remarried a guy that became abusive. He hit my mum after he’d had too much to drink and knocked me about right up until I became pregnant at 17…. He never hit my mum again after that either….. kinda weird. So there I was, this young girl with a baby and not a year later, I’d had another one Life wasn’t good, I had an abusive partner, although not physically, he was emotionally abusive and so was his family. At 24, I had another baby…. By this time, I was starting to really grow up. I knew I had to get out of the life I was living. In 1998, the emotional abuse turned physical, not just to me, but my children too. I decided enough was enough and walked. I left my house, my furniture, everything I owned….. I think that was the hardest thing I’d ever done.

I got my own place, a one bedroom flat. It was cramped, me, my brother (long story) and my 2 girls. My son had decided that he didn’t want to live with me. I don’t think he ever actually like me. I had to buy everything again, it was really hard, living most of the time on next to nothing, but for the first time in my life, I felt free and happy.

On the 18th March 1999, my life was going to change again I was kinda bored and sent a message via an internet chat program (ICQ) to Tam…. asked if he wanted to chat…. We chatted away for hours, it was like we had known each other for years lol!!! 2 days later (20th) we decided to meet up. We chatted away like old friends and ended up staying together for 4 days lol!!! We spent more and more time together, had lots of fun, which included me dressing him up like a girl……. and I didn’t even know at this time he was a CD!!

That time came in June 1999, his parents were away and we were looking after the house for a week. He sat me on the bed and said he had something to show me (no not that!!!). He pulled out this box from under the bed and inside it was a short (very short) frilly, black velvet skirt. Well, I thought it was for me……. it wasn’t…. he sat there and as I recall, looking quite scared….. then came the bombshell ‘I like wearing it’!!!!! I instantly thought ‘OMG…. I knew I’d end up with an internet weirdo’!!! I just sat there and cried, I didn’t know who he was….. I felt betrayed….. don’t ask me to explain that, because I can’t. He said ‘I’m not gay’…. well I never thought he was…. I didn’t really ask any questions, because at that time, I didn’t even know what a CD was. At that time, I don’t think he knew either.

As time went on, the skirt turned into makeup, wigs, stockings etc….. the more he bought, the more I hated it. I wished it would go away. Don’t get me wrong, we’d had a lot of fun with it, but even then, I still thought it was weird. In June 2004, we had become strangers, not because of the CD’ing, this wasn’t really a factor in our breakup, but we decided to live apart. At first, I felt relieved, like I had had a weight lifted off my shoulders, I was no longer in this closet, freed of the weirdness in my life. But as time went on, I missed him so much, but I found myself missing the weirdness. So I came back to this forum, started reading the threads, spent hours educating myself. I’m not sure when it all clicked into place, but it did. From reading so much on the forum, I felt that I knew how to cope, to love that weird side of him.

In October 2004, we decided to give it another try and I think Tam was in shock at how accepting I’d become. He said to me ‘I hope you aren’t being this way just so we get back together’…. Far from it….. I said Things have been hard still though. Tam is going through a hard time not being able to dress as much now we live together, not going out as much etc. But we are working though this, it’s not easy. Some days, I could scream at her for not talking to me about things. It’s so frustrating trying to get blood out of a stone…. that’s how it is. You’ve probably noticed she doesn’t post here as much I thought it was because of me, I felt I’d invaded her space on here, but that isn’t the case. This place just reminds her of what she can’t do as much, which is really sad. But, we are working on that too

So, if you’ve got down to this bit, thank you for reading my ramblings Just thought I’d share a little bit of my life with you all.
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Thanyou so much for sharing a part of your life with us. I hope my SO will read what you've written as I think it would help her.
    Hugs,
    Lauren

Tamara, thank you for sharing with us. You have my admiration, my
    sympathies, and my hopes for a brighter tomorrow.

No one of us can know the path that another walks, and it takes courage to reveal those parts of ourselves that cause us pain.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Thanks for sharing Tamara. I wish others would share also. It just goes to show that we here are one big happy family. Thanks again.
    Janelle

Thank-You Tamara for sharing your life with us ... I can see and I know from chats your a very cool and understanding women ....best to you and Tam thru the problems that arise thru life and times ...of just being 2 people that love each other

Thank you

I would like to say thanks for this thread. It gives me the chance to say how grateful I am for you and many other GGs on this site. I look forward to reading your posts. You have a way about yourself that is strongwilled and also very caring. You can be very funny,but you cut to the bone if needed.Thankyou again for this thread. It lets us all know a little about how and why you are you.
    Love,

DAVIDA

Tamara,

I want to rhank you for your post. Reading from a woman's perspective is revealing and helpful in understanding what our SO's feel and think. As I read it, I could see myself im Tam's position. For me, my issue has been trust. You mentioned getting blood from a stone. This issue of CDing is the deepest, most private part of me. And the worst part is, I don't understand it fully. I live with it as does my wife, but trusting and sharing is be so hard.

I sincerely appreciate your posting your story. I hope the best years are now and ahead for you.

Colleen

PS: Thanks for your Admin support.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDA View Post
    I would like to say thanks for this thread. It gives me the chance to say how grateful I am for you and many other GGs on this site. I look forward to reading your posts. You have a way about yourself that is strongwilled and also very caring. You can be very funny,but you cut to the bone if needed.Thankyou again for this thread. It lets us all know a little about how and why you are you.
    Love,

DAVIDA

Thanks Tamara for sharing this look into your life and giving us a chance to know you better

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara GG View Post
    I got my own place, a one bedroom flat. It was cramped, me, my brother (long story) and my 2 girls. My son had decided that he didn’t want to live with me. I don’t think he ever actually like me. I had to buy everything again, it was really hard, living most of the time on next to nothing, but for the first time in my life, I felt free and happy.
    WOW! I hope things have got better and you have more space.

It's a very moving story. I'm living alone on next to nothing at he moment. It sucks not having much money, but I couldn't imagine trying to bring up three kids in a one bedroom flat.

It's good that you have a loving relationship with Tam.

I always find GG posts interesting, keep em' coming...

Kim

Thank you all for reading my thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimkandy View Post
    WOW! I hope things have got better and you have more space.
    I just wanted to add to this quote.... I've moved twice since then We have a nice 3 bedroom semi, next to the woods, really peaceful and our 8 cats/kittens ( ) love it
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Thank you, Tamara,

I agree that it is nice to hear a GG's point of view to help us understand a little better. Like so many, I think I get lost in the fact that I don't understand why I CD in the first place. Trying to get a GF who understands what I, myself, don't is tough. Then add the fact that I don't understand why she can't understand....well, you see it can become quite maddening.

I am just grateful to you for even attempting. Especially after all that you have been through.
    Last edited by Shannon CD; 11-15-2006 at 11:36 PM.
    Shannon

thank you for sharing your story. i am glad you and tam are working things out . and i hope tam get more time for herself . i an glad you are here ... hugs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tamara, thanks for sharing those very personal bits of your life with us. I wish you and Tam all the best in your life ahead.
    Phoebe

Some times it is hard for us to deal with what we become. I don't think I could change it and believe I have tried a few times. Now I just live with it full time by myself. It has cost me two marriages. Both were bad before Any waym Keep working on it

Michelle liz

Thanks for sharing Tamara. It is really educational for all of us to hear the GG's point of view. AND A BIG THANK YOU for administering this wonderful forum.
    I always admire people who give back. It seems like a really active site too, so I guess it keeps you busy.

as an aside, your 8 cats/kittens reminds me of when my SO first moved away from her abusive husband and into my neck of the woods. We had just met and just before she moved one of her 2 cats had 5 kittens. The landlord of the basement suite she rented would allow 1 cat. We sneaked the rest in. My brother and I killed ourselves laughing when we heard her talking on the phone to the landlord before moving in. She said, "My cat ARE outdoor cat" It took the landlord 3 months to finally count the cats and realize how many she really had. He was such a cat lover himself he was cool with it. We've only got 1 cat now. Wanting to get more, but our old grumpy likes being the ONLY cat. It's hard pleasing everyone in the family.

It takes courage to do what you did by moving out of a bad situation. Continued happiness to you and Tam. You deserve it.

GypsyKaren
    Thank you so much for sharing that with us Tamara, I'm so touched that I'm at a loss for words. I can relate because I went to the school of hard knocks too, one thing that does is make you a strong person, and you are that. Anyway, I think you know how I feel about you...

Karen

is in her vest
    Hi

thanks for being so open about your life. Wow, at times you have had it really difficult, an up bringing that I can only imagine because by the grace of God mine was pleasant.

and also thanks for not despising people like me...thanks..
    Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. ~Potter Stewart

WoWEE, Woman, that must feel great to get all that off your chest and share with your family community, this family you have chosen to grow and crow and laugh and love!!

It feels good to look in the mirror and say, "I'm a survivor, I do have the right to make my own decisions(and do what's right for my family)!! Awesome!! Maybe that's a little bit of the glue that holds you and Tam together, you're both survivors!!??

I can't remember, I think you've told me, why can't Tam dress at home very much, is there still a younger child? I thought your kids were mostly grown, but don't remember. If this is the case, I can understand both you and TAm's frustrations, went through quite a few stressed times in our household before we told my youngest son last Christmas, he'd just turned 16.

Glad you and yours are working on it all, sometimes it's tough to stay and fight, when it would be so much easier to run and hide, but I've had to learn through a lot of tough times myself, the outcome of surviving, and working a partnership out, (if both parties are willing and able) can be the most rewarding. Takes a lot of courage and trust!!

Here for you always!!
    [SIZE=3] KRAZYKAT [/SIZE]

Cuddling with my spouse of 18 yrs., GypsyKaren makes me Happy!!

Keep working at it.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Thank you for sharing
    Karren Hutton your an Inspiration

"Ramblings"

Tamara, You've opened up your heart to us with your "ramblings". I appreciated you before but even more so now. You became a very strong person because of what happened. I wish it hadn't happened to you but it proves you are a survivor. I guess we(CD's) are lovable "weirdos" but it also shows me you appreciate and love Tam for the person inside which is the most important thing. It's nice to know that you have the comfort level to share this with your friends on the Forum. Never forget we are here for you as well. That's what it is all about. I'll still be here whether my wife and I eventually get back together or not. My friends are my friends after all and I love them for who they are. That includes the Administrators and all the Mods. We do love you. Ericka/Rich

Hon....I hope you know how much you mean to me. I think everything you have gone through has made you the caring person you are. My best to you and Tam as you are working on things....love will win out.... Di
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

I have only admiration for your strength of character. Respect.

Lisa x
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Tamara, that is a brave and wonderous thing that you just did. Sharing the innermost secrets of your life with us makes me want to give you a hug. Thanks for trusting us and feeling comfortable in your life to do this. You have my admiration.
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]