Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: womans shoes

I envy those of you who wear size 9, 10, or even 11 in a woman's shoe. My shoe size in men's shoes is 13 EEE, so I probably don't need to say that I have trouble finding any women's shoes much less pretty and comfortable ones. I have found them, though, and as several others have said, I find them much more comfortable than most men's shoes I wear. I would have a hard time wearing VERY high heels, but I do occasionally wear a moderately high heel. Since I'm fairly tall, I don't really want to seem taller.
    warmly, Linnea

my high heels are wonderful to my feet can wear them all day long and don't hurt at all.
    Love as always Jasminexxxxxxxx

I am like Lisa with a very narrow/long foot. Womens 12/13 depending on style/cut fit me wonderfully....$20 at Payless beats $200 at the specialty mens shoe stores anyday...

Jenn

Smile SHoes

I wear a mans 10 and womans 11 both sizes fit me fine. I have to admit I like a nice par of heels over loafers. I just bought a par of nice heels from LAndesnd, rounded toe 21/2 heal very pretty. theya e one of the mosy comfortable shoes of any kind I have wrone. They are so cute I wish I could wear them all teht iemthey look great with booat cut jeans and or a skirt.
    Debby

I'm a UK women's size 8 which is US size 10 I think, I take a Euro 42 in men's.

I measured my feet and they are 10" which in this chart http://www.boot.com/bsizcvt.htm#SizeTable says I should be a UK size 7, maybe I'm getting shoe's too big.

Kim

Admittedly I do not wear heels as long as any woman would, But I find that the heels that I have fit very well, and feel better than any of my mens shoes. They are definitly made better and offer more support where needed.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Wow...lots of responses to a good questioin here. I wear Women's shoes exclusively. Have for years. I wear things like Nike or Reebok sneakers to work with jeans and I wear heels, sandals, boots, etc when crossdressing. I have flat feet, and, since Women's shoes do tend to run a bit more narrow than Men's, the sneakers I wear actually tend to provide a bit more arch support for me. The real difficulty comes in finding a comfortable fit where heels, sandals and boots are concerned. I generally wear a Women's size 12 (occasionally an 11, depending on the shoe) and I've found that as long as the shoe is available in a Wide width, I'm ususlly ok.

As far as any long-term affect of putting a woman's shoe on a man's foot, I suppose it is much the same as any woman might experience...bunnions, callouses, and toes that appear a bit crooked from years of being stuffed into shoes with a narrow toe box. I'm sure (as someone has already mentioned) that a podiatrist could probably look at a crossdressers feet and know something was "amiss," but I doubt seriously that the average person on the street would have any idea.

Hope this answers your question,
    Michelle
    "poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another." Madonna "Justify My Love"

Banned Read only
    I guess I'm fortunate. I have small feet for a guy. I wear a mens 7 1/2, and sometimnes can't even find what I want in a mens shoe. Many styles start at size 8 and go up. I wear a womens 8 1/2, and can find almost any style, and they look good on me. Because i have worn womens shoes and heels, for many years, i notice my feet are somewhat pointed, like womens, rather than broad, like mens feet. I'm happy with the results. I wear womens shoes almost every day for a while in the morning, while I'm having breakfast and coffee, just to keep my feet in shape.

shoes

I am a mans12w or 13 hard as heck to find womens shoes in the size I need. Have been told to go up two sizes for a good fit well that isn't necessarily so. I bought a size 13 pump and I can't even keep it on. Back to 12w does pretty good. I do not have any problems with pain unless toe box is pointed because my wide foot can't fit it right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Nothing beats a great pair of heels...

Ive found that better made womens shoes are easier and nicer to walk in and for your feet. Ive got both good leather pumps and sandles as well as the plactic chineese made Jante Ellie Pleaser shoes and by far the good quality brand names are far better for your feet and easier to walk in... so basically you get what you pay for.

No Heel is Too High.... When it's Pointed at the Ceiling

i think the ball of the foot is a little further forward on women's shoes. this can be a problem for some--men and women. shopping for men's shoes doesn't do much for me as there is very little in my size.. butin women's there is a lot of choice. it's really a lot more fun. i only have 4 pair i got at the thrift store and didn't have time to really try on. 2 or 3 pair fit very well.

Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDA View Post
    I have always thought that if I hade to go to a podiatrist, the Dr would take one look at my feet and know that I wear women's shoes. My toes have conformed to the shape of pumps!
    Maybe you should consider wearing dress sandals, as they come in both high and mid heel heights and are not as confining as pumps....

hugs misty

I can get away with a 91/2 shoe but need a wide. Which stores sell a good selection of attractive pumps or slings in a wide?

jen

Quote Originally Posted by Heelsnlegs View Post
    I can get away with a 91/2 shoe but need a wide. Which stores sell a good selection of attractive pumps or slings in a wide?

jen
    Jen, try shoemall.com
    Krystal Lynn

Quote Originally Posted by MistyCD View Post
    Maybe you should consider wearing dress sandals, as they come in both high and mid heel heights and are not as confining as pumps....

hugs misty
    Misty, I have just about any kind of shoes that are made. It's just that when I started to wear shoes(heels) they were mainly pumps. That is why my toes are the way they are!