Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was Just A Matter Of Time.........

Was Just A Matter Of Time.........

.....Until I bumped into another guy looking at skirts in the ladies department!! Sure enough....if its even close to the truth about the number of men crossdressing it had to happend someday...and today was the day!!

Went to TJ Maxx to get some gifts that my wife wanted me to pickup and since I was there I couldn't resist!! And as I rounded the corner there was a guy in the clearence skirt isle....Hmmmmm.... I wonder? So I hung around and looked up and down the isle waiting for his wife to appear! Never showed up! So I wandered over in the same isle and went through the skirts, right up next to him! "How's it going" I asked. "Good". "Nice skirts!". "yeah".

The strong and silent type! Lol. More like the embarased type! The whole time I was there up until the time he took maybe 5 skirts to the checkout, he had his head down...staring at the skirts and measuring their lengths aginst each other.. Never looking up!! Did I mention his full beard? So I'm assuming that he's a closeted crossdresser or really embarased about buying skirts on clearence for his sickley mother (how many times have we used that excuse?). Hehehe

Well he got all the nice skirts and I bought zip!! So congrats to you...who ever you are!!

Didn't even find what my wife wanted!!! No diner for me!! . But I made a killing at the dollar store next door!! Tights, L'oreal nail polish - 2 for $1!!

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Boy, that guy sounds like me.

Karen Sue

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    I would have loved to have been a fly on the next rack to see his face WHEN you walked up and started talking. GIGGLE GIGGLE.

Emily Ann

That guy sounds like me too but I would have tried on the skirts even in drab
    Not just paid for them and left
    Karren Hutton your an Inspiration

That was you? Why didn't you introduce yourself?
    I'm very approachable.

Ok, just kidding. I'm all the way over here in California and definitely don't have a beard. Still, I can't believe you did that to the poor guy,er ...gurl? It would take me 6 months to get the nerve to go look at skirts again. Wait a minute, I STILL don't have the nerve...

Shannon

A beard? Are you sure he wasn't buying a kilt?
    [SIZE=4]Sophia[/SIZE]

I thought you looked familiar.
    "My Mother wanted me to find a nice girl..so I became one."

Karren -- He was buying them for Christmas for his wife. I always buy my wife some clothes for Christmas, her birthday, our anniversary, Valentine's Day, Labor Day, Memorial Day...
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by SherriePall View Post
    Karren -- He was buying them for Christmas for his wife. I always buy my wife some clothes for Christmas, her birthday, our anniversary, Valentine's Day, Labor Day, Memorial Day...
    Who just happens to be the same size as him...

That's cool. I've yet to run into another guy while out shopping. I've been getting my nails done while another guy was before, but that's it.
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

now now girls. Karen's friend could have been getting the skirts as gifts ...
    my tg friend could tell you who was buying for there gf . so . or themselves lol i am glad i did not know her when i was buying for my so . and or girlfriend
    OK you don't buy that.. fine

hugs Marissa
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gold Member
    OK Karren cought me , I was there with my fake beard on
    Last edited by Tina Dixon; 12-08-2006 at 07:06 AM.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaK View Post
    That's cool. I've yet to run into another guy while out shopping.
    - The store where I stash my stuff asked me to help out a beginning crossdresser one time, and of course I've met some of the other members of our club there.
    - One time that I was in a department store lingerie department, a gay fellow was there buying a corset to wear with his partner; I overheard some but didn't interact at all

Several SAs have told me that they get a fair number of crossdressers, but I don't recall encountering any other than the above. But if they were minding their own business, I might well not have noticed, as I'm generally too busy shopping for myself to pay attention to who is watching or not.

And he didn't ask for your autograph?

"OMG! It's Karren Hutton!" You do know you're world-famous, don't you? A friend in England overheard a conversation at work between two gg co-workers about a site one found on the internet- Crossdressers.com. And mentioned a name or two in particular, the first being you Get that memoir ready! Can a made for TV movie be far behind? Dressed in 60 Seconds
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa Amina View Post
    "OMG! It's Karren Hutton!" You do know you're world-famous, don't you? A friend in England overheard a conversation at work between two gg co-workers about a site one found on the internet- Crossdressers.com. And mentioned a name or two in particular, the first being you Get that memoir ready! Can a made for TV movie be far behind? Dressed in 60 Seconds

Yeah...Right!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Tina Dixon View Post
    OK Karren cought me , I was there with my fake beard on
    Soooo Close!! But he sported a black beard!! Arggggg... Shiver me timbers!! hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Emily Ann Brown View Post
    I would have loved to have been a fly on the next rack to see his face WHEN you walked up and started talking. GIGGLE GIGGLE.

Emily Ann
    You mean Mr Stone Face???

Love Karren
    Last edited by Karren H; 11-16-2006 at 10:37 PM.

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by tess-leigh View Post
    Several SAs have told me that they get a fair number of crossdressers, but I don't recall encountering any other than the above. But if they were minding their own business, I might well not have noticed, as I'm generally too busy shopping for myself to pay attention to who is watching or not.
    I worked in retail for two years at Banana Republic while in college, and I never had a single guy buying clothing that wasn't clearly for someone besides himself (like a guy who would be a size 12 buying a size 2 dress).

I don't keep my eye out when shopping. generally, but I'm enough of a shopaholic that I would think I would have found another guy at least once over the years.
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

I noticed an acquaintance of mine shopping hosiery at WalMart. In due time he noticed me elsewhere in the store. He came over and voluntarily explained everything in his cart EXCEPT the fishnet stockings.

A few months later, I saw him at a ham radio class, with suntan nylons and penny loafers under those jeans. I never touched on the subject. I don't know how to approach him. He fits the profile: divorced, re-married, retired, wife still works, likes to know ahead of time when people are coming to visit.

Was he just careless? Was he begging for comment? Does he wear hose for medical reasons? Does Ockham's razor apply here?

How do you approach someone about this subject, in a supportive non-confrontational way?
    Hugs,

Bernice

Karren you are out of control!!! But I love it!!

Sounds like you hit it on the head for sure, sometimes they just want to be left alone, heck even I am somewhat like that when I go into JC Penny, but my confidence has skyrocketed since joining here and hearing all of you girls do this!!
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

It's funny, all these years when I've been shopping for myself (always in drab) in the "intimates' dept, I used to keep myself compartmentalized, sort of shutting out the rest of the world. But whenever I got near anyone else shopping I always figured they had me made for a CD, mainly because I take a personalized interest in what I'm buying. (not exactly holding it up to me lol, but I'm probably more intent and linger longer than a reg guy would). Whenever I see a male w/o a female around I've always figured he was doing the same thing as me. It never occurs to me that he MIGHT be buying something for his SO (even tho, yes, I do THAT too ). I just figure good, someone else who just goes and gets what he wants.

Hey wait a minute, I still have a bit of beard...oh no, right Kerrianna's been cut off from shopping for awhile - it wasn't me (I would have talked to you anyway). If I had my way the house would be full of pretty things and no food.

I occasionally encounter other men shopping for women's clothing. They are fun to watch, trying to be invisible. I've never spoken to one as Karren has, I'd be afraid they'd have a coronary. They are so timid and scared the only thing sillier in the store is. . .me.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Quote Originally Posted by trannie T View Post
    I occasionally encounter other men shopping for women's clothing. They are fun to watch, trying to be invisible. I've never spoken to one as Karren has, I'd be afraid they'd have a coronary. .
    I'm an agressive shopper........When I walk into the ladys department I act like I own the place!!.....slapping those hangers around....holding dresses and skirts up on me to check for length.... Looking, smiling and chatting with the other women around me!!!! Just having a blast!! Not hiding or slinking....and I'm usually dressed in a dark male business suit! If you can't have fun with it, why do it? Lol

Love Karren

.......My Photos

If I was shopping and a guy started to talk to me I'd talk one may make a good friend
    Angie

I have seen a few in Wally World shopping in the ladies dept. Most of them never look around. Good way to be seen by some one you don't want to know your secret. Billie Jean

Todays shopping adventure..........

Quote Originally Posted by Billie Jean View Post
    I have seen a few in Wally World shopping in the ladies dept. Most of them never look around. Good way to be seen by some one you don't want to know your secret. Billie Jean
    Yeah! But no males found today..... I went to Value City looking for boots and found the cutest pair of pumps! And I'm wearing my male shoes without socks but with black thigh highs!! So I put them on and walk up and down the isle and the SA comes over and asks if I need any help. "Nope, just browsing, but thanks for asking...what do you think of these?". "Love them on you...looks good with your dark suit" she replied. So I bought them... Looked at a ton of skirts and dresses and none of the women except one older lady.. Kept staring at me when I was holding some skirts up.. Lol.

After I left the VC I put on the pumps and went next door to a small store.....love the sound of heels on pavement and as I wakled around the store in definetly womens heels.......not trying to hide them.....nothing!! Found some more nail polish (Revlon green and a red two pack) and as I checked out the casheer made a comment on my color selection...."I'm not so sure about that shade on you". Well I'll give the green to my daughter but the red is mine!! She thought that was cute!!

Love Karren

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    ..... I went to Value City looking for boots and found the cutest pair of pumps! And I'm wearing my male shoes without socks but with black thigh highs!! So I put them on and walk up and down the isle and the SA comes over and asks if I need any help. "Nope, just browsing, but thanks for asking...what do you think of these?". "Love them on you...looks good with your dark suit" she replied. So I bought them... Looked at a ton of skirts and dresses and none of the women except one older lady.. Kept staring at me when I was holding some skirts up.. Lol.

After I left the VC I put on the pumps and went next door to a small store.....love the sound of heels on pavement and as I wakled around the store in definetly womens heels.......not trying to hide them.....nothing!! Found some more nail polish (Revlon green and a red two pack) and as I checked out the casheer made a comment on my color selection...."I'm not so sure about that shade on you". Well I'll give the green to my daughter but the red is mine!! She thought that was cute!!

Love Karren
    Way to go, Karren. You are truly an inspiration.

Karen Sue

Once when I was trying to buy stocking and looking at different shades a women walked up to me and said " if you buy this shade no one will know your wearing stockings". I almost dropped over dead