Thread: First time out; solo, Or, how can they not know its not HIM?

First time out; solo, Or, how can they not know its not HIM?

Hya Girls.

I took the opportunity of the Halloween Week, to finally go out in public as me. I had done this before, but; only in a state of drunkeness, and with someone elses company.

I really did not know what to expect. The hard part was walking out the back door to my car. It was broad daylight. I took a deeeeeep breath and just walked out to my car like I owned it....well....I guess I do!

I think I was a bit surprised that the neighborhood watch wasn't waiting with camcorders.

I had a good time, and introduced myself to a number of girls ( like us) at a local lesbian bar that went out of thier way to make me feel good. On my way out a GG stopped me and asked me if I was a girl. That felt good, but; gosh, when I look into a mirror I ask myself; "How can anyone mistake me for a girl?".

So the next night I went to a party at a friends house. They are a straight couple with red neck tendencies, but; are real salt of the earth types. When the wife answered the door, the first words out of her mouth were " Look lady I'll vote, ok! " She later told me that she had answered the door three times before to find politcal canvassers.

I talked to her in my best ( Really rotten ) female voice for a min. Finally she was going to slam the door in my face when I told her it was me. She just stood there and blinked for thirty seconds or so. I talked to her again in my normal voice and her response was "OMG". I helped her set up, and she asked me not to say anything to anyone. She wanted to see if anyone else could be fooled. No one figured it was me. Which really surprised me. As it is really obvious, to me at least, that I am not a woman. I don't know why,but; instead of being happy with myself, I kinda argued the point. I think maybe it was protective coloration. I mean those people have known me for ten years and are somewhat "homophobic" ( yeah, yeah, I know). At the end of the party, three of the girls decided to prove they were right and took me shopping. We got clothes and went to the womans room and no one looked twice at me.

Ok, long story, but; the question is: Are too hard on ourselves? And; do we see the wrong person in the mirror. Bye the way, All the girls told me I was so totally different as a girl that it was hard to believe I could be who I said I was. One even went so far as to suggest that I was my sister playing a practical joke on them. Never mind that none of them had ever met one of my sisters.

Thanks for letting me ramble.

Love

Michelle

Platinum Member
    its simple really 'we never see ourselves as others see us' i.e because people know the male you, then the mind perceives what is in front of them can't possibly be the same person.......the mind is a wonderful tool but it is human nature that we can play tricks on the mind because it works visually.......that is until you spoke in the male voice that is......but that is still a head spinner because it just confuses the brain signals
    Last edited by Kieron Andrew; 11-16-2006 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michellebej View Post
    Hya Girls.

I took the opportunity of the Halloween Week, to finally go out in public as me. I had done this before, but; only in a state of drunkeness, and with someone elses company.

I really did not know what to expect. The hard part was walking out the back door to my car. It was broad daylight. I took a deeeeeep breath and just walked out to my car like I owned it....well....I guess I do!

I think I was a bit surprised that the neighborhood watch wasn't waiting with camcorders.

I had a good time, and introduced myself to a number of girls ( like us) at a local lesbian bar that went out of thier way to make me feel good. On my way out a GG stopped me and asked me if I was a girl. That felt good, but; gosh, when I look into a mirror I ask myself; "How can anyone mistake me for a girl?".

So the next night I went to a party at a friends house. They are a straight couple with red neck tendencies, but; are real salt of the earth types. When the wife answered the door, the first words out of her mouth were " Look lady I'll vote, ok! " She later told me that she had answered the door three times before to find politcal canvassers.

I talked to her in my best ( Really rotten ) female voice for a min. Finally she was going to slam the door in my face when I told her it was me. She just stood there and blinked for thirty seconds or so. I talked to her again in my normal voice and her response was "OMG". I helped her set up, and she asked me not to say anything to anyone. She wanted to see if anyone else could be fooled. No one figured it was me. Which really surprised me. As it is really obvious, to me at least, that I am not a woman. I don't know why,but; instead of being happy with myself, I kinda argued the point. I think maybe it was protective coloration. I mean those people have known me for ten years and are somewhat "homophobic" ( yeah, yeah, I know). At the end of the party, three of the girls decided to prove they were right and took me shopping. We got clothes and went to the womans room and no one looked twice at me.

Ok, long story, but; the question is: Are too hard on ourselves? And; do we see the wrong person in the mirror.
    Bye the way, All the girls told me I was so totally different as a girl that it was hard to believe I could be who I said I was. One even went so far as to suggest that I was my sister playing a practical joke on them. Never mind that none of them had ever met one of my sisters.

Thanks for letting me ramble.

Love

Michelle
    hi there
    well first of all to answer your question yes you are too hard on yourselves.. but i think it's FEAR that's the big issue . just relax and go for it. most ppl don't care and i have even gone out with no makeup and no one said anything to me. well you may have a passable voice lucky you but some of us have to try a little harder..
    and when i look in the mirror all i see is me !!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Platinum Member
    Marissa is right dont be so hard on yourself!, you obviously looked diferent to your male self to another person's eye.......therefore 'passed'

I don't go out, but most of you who do are too self critical. Judging by pictures posted here, most of you look good enough to at least pass casual scrutiny. Sure the voice may give it away, or if someone studies you for a few moments they will read you, . Again judging from photos sometimes you are your own worst enemy. I have a GG friend, she is let's say sturdy. She is 6 ft tall, and not skinny. She is petty, and seeing her in jeans, low heeled shoes a sweater or something like that and she will get second looks, "Wow, that's a big girl", etc. But put her in 5 inch heels, leather mini, bustier top, black stockings all sorts of jewelry and heavy makeup and she becomes a spectacle. The same rules apply. dress for the occasion, look at the woman out there. There are plenty of real women that look more like a male than you look in Male mode out there. Sometimes I'll swear I've clocked someone in a store or someplace only to figure out I was wrong. Again since I don't go out dressed my I shouldn't be commenting on this topic, so take it for what it is worth, have fun, and don't be so paranoid.
    "My Mother wanted me to find a nice girl..so I became one."

Yes we are to hard on ourselves. I was now I go shopping to the movies and out with other gurls. I have been made a few times but most like a lady. And the times I didn't pass I was wearing something that didn't go with where I was at.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

I'm envious. good for you. Passing is of course what every cder wants.

Great first post!! And I'm not hard on myself......I just don't post my bad photos and out-takes!!! Hehehe

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Michellebej View Post
    At the end of the party, three of the girls decided to prove they were right and took me shopping. We got clothes and went to the womans room and no one looked twice at me.

All the girls told me I was so totally different as a girl that it was hard to believe I could be who I said I was. One even went so far as to suggest that I was my sister playing a practical joke on them. Never mind that none of them had ever met one of my sisters.
    Sounds like you pass pretty well as a girl. So are you going out again?

Have a girls night out with the three girls who went shopping and go clubbing...

Kim

I sometimes think I could pass. Other times, I am sure I would be read. I lack confidence, obviously. But I did have a funny situation once. It happened during one of the extremely rare times when I have ventured out for a late night drive. There is one GG that knows about my dressing. While I was out, I saw her returning from a night out. I was so excitied to see her, I had to go get her attention. Now bear in mind that my car was pretty distinctive. I pulled up next to her and honked and waved. She tried to get away from me because she couldn't figure out who this strange girl was that seemed to be trying to pick her up.