Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Being found out through the internet ?

Being found out through the internet ?

hi girls
    Well after reading a few post of late regarding being found out through the Internet or fear of being found out
    how many of you are concerned you will be outed because you are somewhat open here at cd.com..

and do you look that different when not in femme.. i don't look that different

because i just posted in a new thread my full old name .but i never use it now anyway... has all my id has been change over...
    love n hugs
    Marissa
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think that fear is greatly exaggerated, unless you are giving away clues.
    "My Mother wanted me to find a nice girl..so I became one."

MJ, That's something we all probably think about more than once. Personally I think I look very similar in both boy and girl mode, but have passed near friends and coworkers dressed and they didn't appear to take notice.

I'm fairly certain if my pic clued in someone I know AND they started reading my posts, I'd be discovered.

Jenna
    [SIZE="2"]There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. - George Sand[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just a woman, period joanlynn28's Avatar
    I wonder if that is one of the reasons that my coworkers view me with some suspision. But my question is if they have found out by the web what are they doing on these web sites? I have that to throw back at them.
    Joan Lynn

Just a girl stranded on her little red island amongst a lovely sea of blue.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, for those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

Who Me ?

I Google my gurl name with CD and I got a post from CD.com that I done. It's closer than you think gurls and "Boyz". (This OK CapLex ) LOL

Oh, I think if someone said they saw me here as Teresa I'd do one of two things- play stupid and ask why they were poking around CD/TG sites, or just admit it and say "So?" It is an eventuality that someone will catch on, but what are they going to do with the info? Take away my birthday? Cool! I won't get any older then
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If anyone discovers me me here, big deal. Everyone who counts in my life knows. If it wasn't for the fact that my wife is still somewhat concerned about what the neighbors would say, I'd walk the dog in a skirt every night. She is so loving and supportive in every other way that this is not a big deal as far as I'm concerned. I'm just too old to be worried about. I've got a lot of living to get in and time is growing shorter every day!
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Carter View Post
    I Google my gurl name with CD and I got a post from CD.com that I done. It's closer than you think gurls and "Boyz". (This OK CapLex ) LOL

So, someone sees your pic, can they recognize your Male self from it? Doubtful. Does your profile or any of your posts give away any inkling of your true identity? Probably not. Why would someone even Google your Female name?
    "My Mother wanted me to find a nice girl..so I became one."

1 in 1,987,657,001 winning the cd lotto being found out
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="4"][/SIZE]dancing the night away!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Carter View Post
    Perfect, Joy!

I feel the same way as Holly - everyone who matters in my life knows, so I'm not fearful of being outed. But I know some members are not out and being found out can have consequences, so I'd be careful not to reveal too many clues.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi MJ,
    Do you compartmentalize your life? How many people in your "male" life know you dress? Then those that do would have to see your picture online. Have you ever gone to a CD convention? On Sunday morning, you are trying to recognize the CDs you been with at the convention. Many times it is hard to recognize some one in "drab" without the wig and makeup. The chances of being recognized are very small.

PS I am out with my 84 year old mother. The first time I showed her a picture of me dressed, she did not recognize me!!!!
    "It is better to be looked over than to be overlooked." Mae West

http://360.yahoo.com/ritaknight1999

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ritaknight1999/

Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    and do you look that different when not in femme.. i don't look that different
    Marissa

Brianna - you saw me on TV, do I look different?
    I gots to know!

(Email me for link to video if interested, boat racing video...)

Well I have ONE person I worry about finding me, but I don't worry, I hope it does not happen as it might complicate matters and open things wide open.....
    Last edited by Scotty; 11-17-2006 at 09:31 PM.
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

Well now that you made me show both photos together!!! hehehe Just kidding, ive done it many times efore...

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

At this point in life, if I were to be "outed" it would not be too painful for me. I don't plan to do it...but would be ok with it should it happen inadvertently. Before I had that personal sense, you can be sure I was a damned sight more careful about separation between my fem life online and my real life!

Erica
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f

Quote Originally Posted by Rita Knight View Post
    Hi MJ,
    Do you compartmentalize your life? How many people in your "male" life know you dress? Then those that do would have to see your picture online. Have you ever gone to a CD convention?
    On Sunday morning, you are trying to recognize the CDs you been with at the convention. Many times it is hard to recognize some one in "drab" without the wig and makeup.
    The chances of being recognized are very small.

PS I am out with my 84 year old mother. The first time I showed her a picture of me dressed, she did not recognize me!!!!
    hi Rita
    no i have never been to a convention.. but one day i will it sounds like fun.. hugs Marissa
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

for me the whole world can know

ok my wife knows my sons know even my ex-wife knows and boss and co-workers know about me crossdressing
    I have IM and if a contact starts down the x-rated path I block them
    so I guess I just do not care who finds out

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    I really dont worry about it very much---I DO maintain a degree of internet separation between "Marina Twelve" and my male self. I have different accounts with different screen names--a male and female respectively, and restrict approprate mail , business and other internet stuff to the approprate account.

Not REALLY heavy security, as a few folks know the screen names of BOTH my main accounts and my real name is present in spots on one of my other accounts.-----However, it would take a determined individual and a deliberate effort to link the real ME and Marina.----even THEN I could deny it---and even turn the tables on an investigator by simply asking WHY were you on THIS site? Indeed, I cannot think of WHY any one would want to look me up ANYWAY, to begin with.

Finally, Unlike a few here, I look DRASTICALLY different in fem mode than in my male mode. If I didnt, I likely wouldnt post my pics here. Some co-workers have seen pics of my Gypsy Halloween costume and swear there is NO WAY that could be me. And the pics they havent seen are even MORE different.

Perhaps one day I will post a pic of me in male mode (and leave it up for a day or so) just to show the degree of transformation I can achieve. I find it facinating MYSELF.

If someone wants to put forth the effort to figure out who I am in male mode good for them. I doubt if anyone really cares.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Don't care if someone fines out now I dress and go out almost everyday now. And I have been doing this for so long and hiding from the world nothing is going to put me back in the closet. The feelings are to good to stop now.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

The 'best defense' is simply outting yourself. That way, you have the control. I have always wondered what years in the closet would be like - does it taint the CD experience, I mean, would paranoia be wed to the buzz?

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaCD View Post
    At this point in life, if I were to be "outed" it would not be too painful for me. I don't plan to do it...but would be ok with it should it happen inadvertently.
    That's my feeling too.
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

Roumours Are To Be Belived

Quote Originally Posted by AprilMae View Post
    So, someone sees your pic, can they recognize your Male self from it? Doubtful. Does your profile or any of your posts give away any inkling of your true identity? Probably not. Why would someone even Google your Female name?

April yes they would recognize me (inbred Yettie). And well as for the computer tie-ing me to CD, it would probably be another CD who I know, but didn't know they were CD. They can spread a rumor easily without outing them selves. All I'm trying to say is the record is on here and if found your dead.

I've got my drab and drag pics up on Myspace, complete with my name, full disclosure of all my dirty little habits. If anyone I knew came across it, i'd definitely be found out. So far the only people to find me out are a few ex-classmates.

Personally, I don't care. Being found out is easier than telling people. I actually prefer it to happen that way.
    Hail Satin!

Quote Originally Posted by sky0629 View Post
    1 in 1,987,657,001 winning the cd lotto being found out
    I agree more with "closer than you think".. I definitely have been found out... I have had NO contact with anyone other than CD's, my pics look NOTHING like me in boy mode, and yet some co-worker called me by me femme name just last week. Not a coincidence either as it was repeated more than once to another co-worker who said "what"? I just ignored it and as of yet nothing more has been said..

A blossoming flower xx Jennifer Devine's Avatar
    That happened to me once.
    Someone that I know who is on MySpace saw my girly MySpace profile but they're fine about it but they were the first to know by chance rather than me telling them.