Thread: Ever Been Called Miss Or Mam While In Drab

Ever Been Called Miss Or Mam While In Drab

HI GIRL'S, JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS BEEN ADDRESSED AS MISS, INSTEAD OF SIR. I DEAL WITH THE PUBLIC AT WORK ALL THE TIME, AND HAVE BEEN CALL MAMA OR MISS. I STILL HAVE A BEARD AND MUSTASH GROUTH.

There have been other threads on this subject and yes, I confuse many strangers at times and it happens to me occassionally. As a matter of coincidence, it happened today. I work with the public, but over the telephone, not face-to-face. So my coworkers have really become accustomed to me without knowing it and don't see anything unusual.

Today, my male boss (also a good friend), 2 female coworkers, and I went out to lunch. At the restaurant, the waiter was taking our drink orders and had started with the two ladies, I was next in line at the table, and as he began to ask, he stumbled across the words and asked "And you,..." pause then very quietly "Maam?" As I summoned a deeper than normal voice, and placed my order, he recovered with "Yes, sir."

No one at the table gave a hint of hearing this exchange. But of course, I was inwardly happy. I was dressed in a pair of Duck Head Ladies' jeans (Friday is Jeans Day, sorry Karren) in a very light stonewash, white tennis shoes with purple trim, a coral polo shirt, 3 rings, silver bracelet and watch. I was also wearing light foundation and blush, nude lipstick, light mascara, liner, and eye shadow - my typical "boy" mode makeup for work.

I've only gotten one comment about makeup at work and that was about lipstick, passed that off as lip balm - worked (?) - I doubt it, but nothing else ever said.

Jenna
    [SIZE="2"]There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. - George Sand[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

yes a few times and it kinda freaks people out when they see i'm a guy, it doesn't bother me it's cool.
    Sky
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="4"][/SIZE]dancing the night away!!!

yes I have been call so many things

but my best Is meing called mam while at work with the customers I smile when people call me mam. it like a warm fuzzy to me I just know it just maybe a respons fifty fifty mam or sir in a mall setting and fast food I still get a smile when men or woman call me mam

haahahah

I have been called mam and miss at work tons of times it use to make me mad now i don't care at all. The thing i don't get is in my normal clothes i don't look are act like a girl. Some ppl are just blind.
    Good bye i'm at wacko taco .com now

I would love to be called miss or ma'am when in drab, but alas, no.

Karen Sue

I have been refered to as Miss or mam. I believe it is my long hair and when I does happen they are seeing me from the back. Must look like a girl from the back,which is all right with me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Nothing beats a great pair of heels...

Has been happening most of my life.. I'm kinda short for a guy and being a musician, especially in the 80's when I really did look like a girl! Hair down to my butt and very skinny! Wish I was CDing more back then.. Back then it was only stolen panty hose and guilt. Way before internet and realizing I wasn't some sort of weird pervert!

[SIZE=3]Nope - well not face to face at least! I look like guy - no mistake!

But on the phone, I have been called miss many times which has taken me by surprise. I have been told by friends and even my ex-wife that I have a soft (but not femme) voice for a man, so that may explain why I occassionally get referred to as lady when on the phone.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love And Devotion To My Online Family

I'm outa the closet, but still inda house!

Wink

I have been reffered to as miss while in drab many times.I consider it a compliment,it always brings a smile to my face.-Angela E.

Banned Read only
    This happens all the time when a server or clerk approaches from the side or the rear, because of my long gray hair. Example, a server approaches from the rear at a restaurant when I am with my SO. While sort of standing at my shoulder s/he asks if you ladies want to start with something to drink?

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    It doesn't happen that often, but it does happen to me. The last time was when my wife and I were in Vegas two weeks ago. We were walking down the strip in the Saturday afternoon sunshine, and as we approached a woman handing out fliers, she held out her flier to me, made eye contact, and said "How about a show Ladies...umm...Sir....I mean, Ma'am." I was beaming with happiness when this happened.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Nope....hasn't happened to me ...yet,, Dang it!

many years ago as a teen, I was always being taken for a girl. Some of mom's friends actually started calling me by the feminine form of my name and used to tell me that I was too pretty to be a boy. What they did not know!!
    Janice Ailene:

nope
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]And I was thinkin' how the world shoulda cried
    On the day Jack Kirby died
    [/SIZE]

Too many people still call me Sir all the time , I never say anything back
    to them , but its like do you people need glasses or what the deal,
    but occasionally that sweet person , will say have a nice day Miss,,,
    then I always do.......
    " too young to fall in love " schoolgirl "

Oh, lots of times... I don't really worry about it anymore...
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

I have been called mam before on the phone. It made me feel real good.

Nope....never have and btw..turn your caps lock off, please!! Hard to read....

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos