Thread: Thanksgiving woes

Aspiring Member Sasha Anne Meadows's Avatar

Thanksgiving woes

Thanksgiving is my favority holiday and we usually have had the family gatherings at our house for the past 30 years. Our family has dwindled over the years but those who are left are coming to our house this year. Just my wife's sister, two grown kids and husband. And a senile mother in law. I love entertaining on Thanksgiving and people enjoy not having to cook.

Now here is the problem. I have spent almost every waking hour dressed for the past year, since I retired. Have only been in boy clothes for a few hours at a time when I went on errands or had lunch with friends. Thanksgiving will mean I will spend an entire day in boy clothes and frankly it depresses me. I want to enjoy my favorite holiday but this is getting in the way. And no I can't go the door dressed. I don't know what the reaction would be but it might not be good and I don't want to spoil a nice holiday for everyone.

Anyone have advice on how to cope with this.

Hugs

Sasha Anne

Wear the boy clothes that day and try to get through it and then go back to your normal routine on Fri.
    Maybe wear something girly underneath like pantyhose,thigh highs,panties etc.
    Hope all goes well.
    By the way,what happens on the other holidays that you may have people over or go to relatives' house?

Same way I cope I suppose except I have to go out to families...

Put something on underneath, grin, and bear it.

It's only a few short hours.......well OK maybe a few Loooong hours.
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

Just wear a nice pair of panties under your drab clothing and it will help you feel like your at least a little en-femme. It's an option that won't result in any problems.
    [SIZE="3"]Jennaie`[/SIZE]

It will only be for a few hours, you will be looking forward to changing back when the company leaves. You may not be the happiest girl in the world but you'll survive.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Glamerous Granny carolinewalker_2000's Avatar
    If you love your family it shouldn't be too much of a hardship to give up your girly outfits for just one day. As you say you still wear boy drab for neccessary chores; just look upon this as another male duty.

(As others have said; what you wear underneath your male drab is quite another matter!!!)
    [SIZE="3"]Caroline

Tranny Granny
    [/SIZE]

thanksgiving

girly uderware, girl jeans, women's pants socks, women's penny loafers and a unisex top in a "girly" color (not pink)

Banned Read only
    Thanksgiving is the most stressful holiday of the year. Your distress, however, does not measure up to some of the horror stories that abound. Just a couple unobserved undergarments and a nice apron may be enough to get you through. In our family it is the best holday of the year. I cook the turkey and most of the trimmings - the SO insists on doing potatoes! I wear the tightest microfiber panties I have so that I can feel their presence all through the festivities. And I use an apron that has the SO's name embrordered on. That, and a few glasses of chalis makes it a wonderful holiday!

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by klyde View Post
    girly uderware, girl jeans, women's pants socks, women's penny loafers and a unisex top in a "girly" color (not pink)
    That's what I had in mind too: Wear women's clothing that isn't obviously women's. You still get to dress, but your family doesn't notice.

Similar Situation

I'll be visiting with a group of people for Thanksgiving and I'm torn about how to dress too.
    Right now I'm thinking of wearing woman's black slacks, a cardigan top in a neutral color like brown or tan and black (Katie) shoes (like a loafer with 2" heal) and black knee highs. This way I'll have pockets for car keys, so I wont't have to carry a purse (if I had no pockets I'd have to go full fem).

I think this is something you could wear and be "normal" and fem comfy, giggle.

Grin and bear it! It's only one day!

Vikki

Quote Originally Posted by vbcdgrl View Post
    Grin and bear it! It's only one day!

Vikki
    Got to agree. Sometimes you need to do things for the good of the family....

Honey, the clothes don't define who you are... that comes from your heart. Giving your family and guests the gift of comfort only makes you that much more of a woman.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha Anne Meadows View Post
    I will spend an entire day in boy clothes and frankly it depresses me.
    Tell me about it! There is something that has changed in me too. I absolutely loath being in complete boy clothes these days. At work I have been wearing more and more girlier clothes. Anyway, enough about me

So what's to do in a situation like yours? How about "under dressing" as far as you can possibly go? I mean the whole nine yards? What about lots of your most favorite pieces of underwear? How about adding some women's outer clothes but clothes that are unisex, but leaning towards the femme side of unisex?

I don't know if you are like me, but I can feel feminine with things other than clothes, like wearing my favorite perfume for example? If it was me, I'd wear lots of my most favorite lingerie, unisex women's clothes, perfume, and a little tiny bit of eyeliner and mascara that isn't obvious enough to show up what it is. In other words,I'd focus on what makes me feel feminine rather than my outer clothes.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I agree with Holly. However, if you need to, I think the other suggestions of being subtile about it (unisex clothes, your sexiest undies, etc.) are a good way to go.

If you can spend a few hours dressed in male clothes to have lunch with friends, I don't see that this will be any worse for you.

Of course you could always burn the meal and have everyone leave early.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Suck it up and act like a man.....woman....and do the male thing for the week.... Think of it as a challenge!! Trying to pass as a male!! hehe

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    Honey, the clothes don't define who you are... that comes from your heart. Giving your family and guests the gift of comfort only makes you that much more of a woman.
    Great advise Holly!

Aspiring Member Sasha Anne Meadows's Avatar
    Thanks girls for all the kind words of advice. You are all so nice.

Hugs

Sasha Anne