Thread: Shaving legs & Rashes

Shaving legs & Rashes

Hey girls, Anybody have problems getting rashes say 2 or 3 days after shaving your legs? I seem to get all kinda red and itchy behind my knees after 2 or 3 days. Then when I shave again, it's all gone. And yes, I DO moisturize. At least 2 times a day. Just curious

I used to years ago, just above my knee.

It just went away though, use a sharp blade

Try the ex-foliating thing? Oh that's heaven there....bit of scrubby stuff on a scrunchy ma kes the legs feel like silk after a good moisturizing....
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

yes--as scottie says. the oils and dirt trapped on your skin from the hair cause problems.. a good exfoliation works. or trim it short for a week or so to let the oils out before shaving.

Shaving Rashes

No problem here and I do an almost full body shave every other day.
    Margot

Ingrowing hairs

My problem is ingrowing hairs (mostly) and rashes. I have tried everything from wax, hair removal cream to shaving and my legs get rashes, and ingrowing hairs, dont know what to try next.

The more often you shave, the better it will be. I had the same problem at first. Just kept after it, and tried to use a sharp new blade as often as ptactical. It'll work out ... just keep it up and give it some time.

I get a little rash up in the bikni line sometimes in fact I have a little as we speak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]If you don't have enemies you don't have character.
    87% Lefem[COLOR="darkred"]

Dry Body Shaving

Exfoliation is a good idea. And try using something antibacterial, even rubbing alcohol, after shaving.
    Shaving regularly (& systematically) will also help to reduce shaving reactions.

Another thing to consider is Dry Body Shaving , especially if you don't shave your body regularly. Try it, and your spots, rashes & itches will disappear, or at least be greatly reduced.

Robin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I get terrible amounts of spots from shaving and dep cream, now trying waxing but I just heard about Robin's dry shaving from a previous thread so I'm gonna give that ago!
    Love
    MB

shaving

I have been shaving now for many years don't really have a problem with rashes my problem is nicks I hate them and boy do they sting. Any ideas on nicks prevention
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Nothing beats a great pair of heels...

Quote Originally Posted by TeriAnn View Post
    I have been shaving now for many years don't really have a problem with rashes my problem is nicks I hate them and boy do they sting. Any ideas on nicks prevention
    Dry shaving reduces nicks. Wet skin is much easier to cut than dry. The only nicks I get dry shaving are between my knuckles, due to the impossible angles required, but even those are very rare, and usually tiny.

Robin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I am Ana, hear me roar! 27th Jennifer's Avatar
    Once your legs get used to it, shower, and use baby oil first, then shaving cream. Don't press too hard, and don't do it too much at first. And lots of lotion.

I use Pears soap from Britain, which is available in Canada (don't know about the US), for legs and body shaving. A long as I lather it well, I don't get any rashes or nicks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]