Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever had professional Make-up application?

Ever had professional Make-up application?

I've been looking into the Yellow pages for Beauty Salons & Studios or Beauty schools that do make-up applications. I've had this desire to try one out dressed entirely as a female & have them do my make-up so it is just right! Has anybody tried it at a Merle Normans or other Studio, Salon or Beauty school? And what was your experience? Thanks.

Debbi

sorry I have not. but when you go to one have fun
    Love as always Jasminexxxxxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by DebbiAnne View Post
    I've been looking into the Yellow pages for Beauty Salons & Studios or Beauty schools that do make-up applications. I've had this desire to try one out dressed entirely as a female & have them do my make-up so it is just right! Has anybody tried it at a Merle Normans or other Studio, Salon or Beauty school? And what was your experience? Thanks.

Debbi
    I've had it done at MAC. It was an amazing experience...the guy who did my makeup was just unbelievable. He also gave me some fantastic advice as far as accentuating my feminine features (apparantly, I have really good cheekbones), and concealing my masculine ones. It was also good to have my foundation and powder colors picked out perfectly for my skin tones...really did wonders I've been complemented when out at clubs (by cute gay boys) that I do a much better, more realistic and convincing job with my makeup than the drag queens do.

I've also had a makeover done at Janet's Closet up in Detroit...that was excellent, and at the time I was a makeup newbie, so it was very educational, but having it done by a professional makeup artist at MAC who has a complete palette to choose from was on a whole different level.
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

I had a make over at the Glamour Bouitque in Vegas. Had the best time ever.

i have not but i know several tg that have gone to Mac and it was great.

I've had many makeovers in various salons - I have a method for finding them, but it is bit lengthy. PM me if you would like to hear my method...
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just this a.m..

I had a professional makeup application this morning. This is the second time I have had her do my makeup. She did a great job. I came in drab, and changed in their bathroom, which they fixed up for me to use as a lounge. She applied mascara, foundation, eyeliner and eye shadow, and lipstick and lipliner. She even adjusted my body foundation, so that it wasn't as lumpy.

Have had my makeup done at the Clinique counter in a department store and in a salon. It is so much fun!
    If you can't wear heels, what's the sense of dressing?......

Professional makeup

Why? Ericka

I had one done years ago at a Merle Norman Salon. I just called and asked if they did male to female makeovers. The lady that answered the phone said yes, I do, I'm Donna. I'm the owner. Do you want to make an appointment? It was that easy. I made the appointment. Went in dressed. She worked on me for over an hour. She color matched my skin, showed me the correct shades of makeup to use. She then showed me techniques of application. The makeover itself was free, but I was expected to buy some items. She also sold wigs. I got some makeup and a new wig. It was worth every penny. Merle Norman makeup is not cheap, but it is excellent quality. I was a regular customer for years. Sadly, due to a divorce settlement, she went out of business earlier this year. I miss her very much.

I would recommend a makeover. You will not be sorry.

Jodi

Quote Originally Posted by KarynCD View Post
    Have had my makeup done at the Clinique counter in a department store and in a salon. It is so much fun!

Clinique is very good stuff. I've had three at Macy's. Loads of fun. The lady who did me all three times is a jewel of an expert at this.
    Go, honey, you will love every second of it.
    As a matter of fact my avatar is when I had my second one done. If that gal can do something with this mug, then she must be good.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Smile How to choose a salon

After you find a few salons that you would like to try, visit one or two. Ask them if they do makeup. I told the lady that I wanted to go to a costume party and needed to be madeup as a woman. Most of them were happy to oblige. I went in drab, so they would not feel uncomfortable.
    Today, at my makeover, the operator told me she felt like I was just another woman. She really thought it was funny, how she felt about me, when I was all made up. She told me she liked my nipples, and told me she didn't have any. I replied that all women have nipples, so she showed me hers! She said that she felt comfortable showing me, since we were both women.... I felt deeply touched by her comments. That is my dream: to be accepted as a woman.

Terri

I had a similar experience as Terri, but I just called a salon, asked for the manager, told her about my being a CD, and asked if I could come to her salon for makeup. She was very understanding and accepting and told me to go ahead. Then I asked if there was a place there where I could change from drab to fem because I didn't want to walk through the mall where she was located until after I got my make up done. She said that that would be all right too. So I made an appointment for a time that she told me her salon was usually pretty quiet. On the appointed evening I went in, met her and talked with her briefly. She introduced me to the other employees (they really weren't at all busy at that time), and she showed me where I could change.
    I went into the room, put on my clothes (I had put on panties, bra, and stockings before I left home) and came out. Everyone there treated me like a lady and assisted in my makeup and a little hair styling. I had one very nervous moment when a woman whom I know from my work came into the salon. At the time, I was facing straight toward the door. Even though I was seated in a chair at the back of the salon, I was certain that my co-worker was looking at me and would recognize me. I don't think that she did; at least I never heard anything or saw any signs of her recognition at work.
    Anyway, after I finished, they said that now that I was all dolled up, I should really go somewhere. I told them that I had no plans and they sighed in disappointment. They encouraged me to at least do some shopping at the mall. I paid and left very happy with their words and hugs of encouragement. The salon manager told me to come back anytime and commented how pretty I looked. I was ecstatic!
    I did do some window shopping, mostly so that I could look at my reflection. It was a wonderful feeling, but at that time in my progress I was not confident enough to go into any stores, so I went home. Nonetheless, it was a great experience and very good feeling.
    Best wishes to you to find something so good or better. There are salons around that will give you every consideration that they would give any woman. Good luck in finding one.

Quote Originally Posted by terrigurl View Post
    After you find a few salons that you would like to try, visit one or two. Ask them if they do makeup. I told the lady that I wanted to go to a costume party and needed to be madeup as a woman. Most of them were happy to oblige. I went in drab, so they would not feel uncomfortable.
    Today, at my makeover, the operator told me she felt like I was just another woman. She really thought it was funny, how she felt about me, when I was all made up. She told me she liked my nipples, and told me she didn't have any. I replied that all women have nipples, so she showed me hers! She said that she felt comfortable showing me, since we were both women.... I felt deeply touched by her comments. That is my dream: to be accepted as a woman.

Terri
    warmly, Linnea

Debbi,

Yes twice. Once at a transformation service in Denver and once a salon.

I called ahead and asked if they preformed the service and when they said they would do a male to female makeover I made appointments and went.

Both were lots of FUN! I would say go for it. You won't regret it and the information you pick up will be very helpfull afterwards.

My only problem was too much information at once so that is the main reason for doing it twice. (thats a fib, I just had so much fun I wanted to do it again)

Now you have me thinking about it and I may have to do it again!

Go for it girl!

Hugs Krystal.
    What does not kill us only makes us stranger!!!

I've gone to a beauty school twice, once in drab and the other time en femme. The girls and the other customers thoroughly enjoyed the experience as did I. It was great fun while the girls fussed over me and did an excellent job of makeup. It is amazingly cheap, about ten bucks, add a ten dollar tip and it's a makeover for twenty dollars, a bargain. A few days beforehand I go to the school and make the appointment. I'm doing it again this halloween, can't wait!
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Everyone here has some great advice, about calling the salon first. In my experiences, it is not so easy - probably 1 out of 10 even do makeup, and out of those, maybe 1 out of 5 even considered makeing up a guy. I even had a GG call for me on some of those.

But, it is a very good idea to call ahead first
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi Debbi

I haven't but have an appointment for 10-31 where I'll have my hair done and full makeup application. Before I go there, I'm having a manicure and polish at a different salon. I'll be in drab for my nails but then will dress for the hair and makeup session. The anticipation is delicious!

Natasha

I always have professional makeovers but it doesn't come cheaply! Hence why i don't get out as often as i would like! GGRRR!!! Must learn to apply my own make up!

Sara xxx

I have had two professonal makeovers, in Portland, Oregon. I was introduced to a prefessional makeup artist. She does many such folks, as ourselves. Both times were delicious. The first visit was in drabe and changed at here site. The second visit was not. She was a great teacher for learning the skills of placing the makeup correctly. What a rush, both times.

Three times. By three different GG's. The first two in a cosmetics store and the last one in a beauty salon. Loved all three. Amazing to see the different techniques and opinions of each.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Have posted about it here a bunch of times so won't bore everyone with the story again. But the first time dressed I had a makeover artist do me up! Was the best money I ever spent. I have a picture from that Makeover and it still might be the best ever I have taken! So still striving to equal the work she did on me.

Does not really count but twice I went to MAC stores and while I did not get a makeover I had them matchup my foundation which means ya gotta sit in the chair infront of everyone while they do it!

girl next door
    The one ands only time I've done so was (the day before) Halloween last year. It was wonderful having the cosmetologist work on me, and give me great tips. After the salon, I had lunch with a GG friend, then took in a movie. Here's my thread about the experience: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=16842 I hope to have a makeover this year as well (around Halloween), and would highly recommend it to anyone!!
    [SIZE="3"]
    my wish for you is peace
    [/SIZE]

lo·gom·a·chy /loʊˈgɒməki/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loh-gom-uh-kee] –noun, plural -chies.
    1. a dispute about or concerning words.
    2. an argument or debate marked by the reckless or incorrect use of words; meaningless battle of words

Thumbs up professional makeover

I have not ..but would like a professional make over.I need to change colors
    and get a different femm look..

I am not sure how costly one would be also

Melissa

Untitled
    Estee Lauder counter at our local department store. A fantastic experience.
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Unhappy Today, not so good...

This afternoon, I went to another salon, where I have gone before. I had a really cute outfit: gray and black stiped top, gray miniskirt, black and gray heels, and a silver link belt. I chose to use my black wig. The cosmetologist applied foundation, lip liner, lipstick, eye shadow, eyeliner, and powder. She brushed out my wig, but when I looked at myself, I was not pleased.
    She did a lousy job on the lipstick, it looked like I smeared it on. The wig was not brushed out very well at all, and when I left to visit the Avenue store to do some shopping, it slipped on my head. I thought I looked ridiculous! My friend, who works at Avenue, told me my fishnet stockings were really cute, and told me later that my outfit was really nice also. I am still unhappy about the makeup job she did on me though. I will not go back there again.
    So not every professional makeup artist does a great job every time.

Terri