Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Passing

Passing

What does passing mean to you? Are you trying not to be seen, to escape public censure for your deviance, or are you trying to appear more feminine, to feel more feminine, or are you somewhere in between. Why do you want/need to pass?

This is not a judgement, but a serious inquiry to help me understand what passing means for me.

Passing to me, is having others just respect the way I look, if they notice. Otherwise I just want to blend in.

I would say that "passing to me, means, that you can fit into your surroundings, as a "lady", in as many ways that you can. And to be happy with how things, turned out, when you dressed. And even, if you got a few cute looks too.
    That always helps someones confidence, that is trying to begin there transition, to as much of a women, as you wish.

Chrissy

Sometimes I have very strong need to pass, gas that is! Otherwise, I'm OK.

Penny
    "Lady Fingers"

It's not important to me as I'm adrogynous. On my days off I go totally en femme, but have letting the pelt grow back for the winter as I work outside alot. Fer instance, I'm going to the car show at Daytona on Thursday, and will be wearing panties, bra, panty hose as they keep my legs warm, femme jeans, femme sweater, and a femme denim jacket. I will also have a touch of makeup on, mascara, hint of eye shadow, and lip gloss. Oh yeah, my nails done and polished with Sally Hansen Strawberry Cream. I'm gonna have a blast! Do I care if I'm looked at askew occasionally? Not anymore. So as far as passing, I'm with Penny on this one!
    Love and xxxx, Lily
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

Passing is way over-rated. The only person I have to please is me.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    Passing------when that damn idiot in the subaru is driving only 45 in a 55 and you need to go 65
    Drumming, My other hobby

Passing is highly over rated....a passing fad!! And when I'm out enfemme I try to look as much like a woman as I can.....and if I pass, fine, if not, fine also!! But I really don't care whether I pass or not any more!!! And I don't check to see if I pass......got the stuck-up female attitude down pat!! Nose in the air.... Like I own the place!! Hehe.

Now when I'm down in the coal fields of Southern WV and Eastern KY.....that's another story!! You either pass or die trying down there!! They got guns in them there trucks, buuuuudddy!! . And aren't afraid to use them on some pervert from up north!! Lol. So I still go out enfemme there......but I'm very very careful to not get killed!! If I did my wife would kill me........more.....again!!

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    You either pass or die trying down there!!
    Which confirms my feeling that, in some instances, '100%' passing is a sophisticated closet.

Passing

Passing to me is being able to go out and be completely accepted as a woman. I live in a small city and secrecy is a must so it still remains a fantasy for me. If i was passable i wouldn't be in the closet lol.

Passing for me is....

20% looking and feeling as feminine as possible

80% 'camoflage'. If I look like and am seen as a woman, I won't draw the wrong kind of attention when out in public.

I guess if I were to feel safe and know that I wouldn't have any problems with teenage girls, gangs of boys, rednecks or even, to be honest, the stern disapproving look from passers by, I wouldn't feel the 'need' to pass.

So I guess in a society that didn't judge me and the way I dressed, I would still dress (of course) but wouldn't feel any need to pass.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Passing

I would like to go out in feminine clothes and be able to walk down the street and not be recognised for anything other than a genetic girl. small hope though. I am 6' tall and 16 stone so any chance of passing is blown before I try but one can always dream. I don't want to appear glamourous, just to blend in and not be noticed.
    Susan

Passing? For me it means venturing into the world beyond my home, i.e. the malls, shops, markets, restaurants, theaters, stadiums, highways and byways and being seen and treated as a woman.

I am not trying NOT to be seen, I WANT to be seen, but seen as a woman. I don't believe that any of what I do is deviant, though others may wrongly see it as such. I want to be as feminine as I need to be in order to be accepted as a woman.

When, not if, but when, I am clocked/read, I become disappointed in myself for failing in my presentation and I wonder what "gave me away" to that particular person/group. Sometimes I still get embarrassed and leave the area, though of late, I usually attempt to continue on. Packs of young boys/men are the worst and when I am read by them, I usually attempt to make a quick exit.

I try to pass - passing IS important to me.

Jenna
    [SIZE="2"]There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. - George Sand[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

is in her vest
    Hi

Passing...what it means to me is that it's something I don't do. My looks, actions and attitudes are all far too masculine, so alas, I'm confined to my closet. This probably more than anything else, keeps my crossdressing in perspective.
    Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. ~Potter Stewart

Sweet Jane.... If your avatar is really you, you PASS.

Ever heard of the Holy Grail? Know anyone who has found it?

Passing for me means wasting your life in a futile pusuit of mimicry in the hope that you will be taken for something you are not. I decided long, long, long ago that I wasn't embarrassed to be me, and as such I was quite happy to shock and awe in equal measure. Better to be admired for who you are than for who you are not.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Didn't Harrison Ford find it in his second Radier's movie.

Quote Originally Posted by JoAnnDallas View Post
    I prefer Monty Python

The lovers have flown...

Actually, I believe it was the third installment. "Indianna Jones and the Last Crusade", was the title of that one, I think. The second was "Indianna Jones and the Temple of Doom"; that was the one with the little boy and all the bugs and things on the dinner table - YUCK!

Jenna
    [SIZE="2"]There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. - George Sand[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Read only
    Been lighting that Grail Beacon again Lisa? Naughy, naughty!

I'm supprised that no one called out this phrase: "escape public censure for your deviance."

I'm not even sure what was meant by this, but I'm sure it does not sound good.

And I never worry about passing, I do as I like, what I like, get called sir at times, who cares?

is in her vest
    Sweet Jane.... If your avatar is really you, you PASS.

<---- yes that is me, as is every photo I have posted here.

Thanks JoAnn for your vote of confidence, but I don't feel I pass....maybe Lisa sums it up when she speaks of the search for the holy grail. In my eyes, I'm a tin plated mug trying to pass myself of as a silver chalice....
    Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. ~Potter Stewart

Ahh but .. according to the dashing Indianna Jones and his erstwhile companions, the Holy Grail is not a bejeweled silver chalice, but the plain wooden drinking vessel of a carpenter.

Jenna
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by tekla west View Post
    Been lighting that Grail Beacon again Lisa? Naughy, naughty!
    Bad, bad, wicked Lisa

The lovers have flown...

Not your typical girl Lissa Stevens's Avatar
    For some of us, me in particular I think passing is looking good enough to not be ridiculed by others. A lot of us live in very redneck areas where if you are different you are made fun of or worse. While I wouldn't fight it if I looked like a GG I want to pass so I will not be noticed.
    [SIZE="2"]Melissa[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]I'm still standin'
    Better than I ever did
    Lookin' like a true survivor
    Feeling like a little kid
    [/SIZE]

Looking for Love
    well after half a bottle of merlot i think passing to me means being treated as woman by people that dont know me, im not there yet but would love to be and am nowhere near giving up, i will succeed, or was it survive ?

Stephanie
    There is no right or wrong, just the consequences of your actions.