Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: walking in high heels..

walking in high heels..

Did walking in high heels take some time or did it just come natural.
    For me it was pretty natural..Of course i have all ways been pretty
    balanced..

I took to walking in heels pretty fast... wonder what that means...
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Trying to remember back that far. I don't think I had all those problems like you see in the movies when someone tries walking in them for the first time. I actually have more problems with them feeling like they're falling off (slides and strappies without ankle straps or closed heels).
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

walking in high heels

Actually it was very easy for me at age 7(yes) a long time ago .
    I lov walking in high heels ..they feel so natural .
    My only problem is that they tend to slip off (left foot) .
    I try to keep them snug at all times ..but it sometimes don't happen !

Melissa ( girl with lotts of high heels )

Yep...as if born to it.!!!..but Ballroom dancing for many years helped..I much prefer to wear heels.
    Nikki. x

when I got my 3.5" slingbacks, I had my leg muscles cramp on me a couple of times, but after that no problems at all. It was just my leg muscles not used to the heels. Have not tried anything taller. One lady at HEF2006 the other weekend was wearing 7" spike heels and it was like she always has worn them. They do wonders for making your legs look great.

I took to heels fairly fast too, they just feel good!

very fast

Although my first pair was too high, about 5 inches. Still can't wear them. But I can wear up to 4 1/2 inch heels with ease all day. My wife says I'm better in them than she is. I'm sure there is a psychological factor in that I want them to be comfortable, but I love it. I want to wear them all the time . . .

Love,
    Brenda

Still a bit bit wobbly, but I'm gettin' better all the time... I have some 3 1/2" thigh high boots...

Kim

Like Holly, for me it was fairly fast and easy. Starting at about three I didn't seem to have any problem. As I got older I wouldn't say it got easier ... more like just second nature. It is amazing how heels can place a feminine perspective in your mind and feminine sense in your body making the little swaying motion when you walk ... show easier.
    "Woman is a miracle of divine contradictions.", Jules Michelet, French historian
    Take care and God bless, Josie06[SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It took some time

It did not come quick for me

Came to me very quickly. I've got some 5 and even 6 in heels, which are tourture devices but to me the most comfortable are 4 in. I've even got some lower but 4 in really gives me a fem feeling without being uncomfortable!

I found that walking in heels fairly easy. I think you are right about it being a balance thing. I've always had pretty good balance and have always loved the feel of heels.

No problems here. Like a duck to water. For those who are heel challenged, I suggest Wedges. They are the training wheels of the shoe world.
    [SIZE=4]Sophia[/SIZE]

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    I say it depends upon the archetecture of the shoe--Got my first pair of 4 inchers(slides with a thin heel) a couple of years ago and I STILL cant walk in them---but the next pair(Also 4", but a slingback) I got a few weeks later seem almost natural and I have no trouble at all. The heel position(how far up or back) and diameter (pencil thin vs finger thin) seem to be the biggest factors.

I tried it a few times , okay here I go , sorry I guess I'm not a high heel girl.....
    " too young to fall in love " schoolgirl "

Smile Like a fish to Water

Like a fish to water. Put them on and loved the way it felt walking in them. Like others have, wonder why it was so easy.

TTFN
    Cyndie

heels are awesome, wore them too long the first time though = leg cramps.........after the initial run, like I was in them forever!!!

I don't really wear anything all that high (3" pumps, and some boots that I think are about 4"). I don't remember them taking that long to get used to. The fun thing is that is feel strange to walk WITHOUT them after having them on for any significant amount of time. At one halloween party several years ago, I almost got 'outed' when a few of the GGs started making comments about how well I walked in the heels, "Like I'd been doing it for a long time".

I'm still trying to find good quality, comfortable heels in my size (12W). I'm sure they'll be much better than the $12 shoes I have from Payless now. I guess my biggest problem with heels is that I am already over 6' tall and I really shouldn't be wearing anything that makes me tower even more above the crowd!!

I had to laugh the other day when I caught sight of a GG clomping along in heels that she obviously didn't wear often. She looked 'wobbly' and her heel was hitting hard with every step long before her toes came down. I certainly do a better job than THAT! Once I have them on for even a few minutes, my gait just adjusts naturally and I don't have to think about them anymore.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Hmmmmmmm... it was 22 years ago! I think I was pretty steady, but I do remember many a sprained ankle... especially when half cut or wandering over blasted cobble stones.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

comes easily to me up to 3 inches..

after that forget it

3 1/2 inch boots...mmmmm

I wore my mother's heels when I first started Cding. Then took a 40 year break from CDing. After that I bought my own heels and found it is like riding a bicycle. Now I find them as comfortable as sneakers (up to 3", that is).

Karen Sue

I will be honest and say it was a little unsteady at times (esp going up stairs) but over the year I have become very comfortable with all heels.
    All girly on the inside...time for the outside too.

4" heels came susprisingly easy. 5" heels can hardly stand up never mind walk

yes it comes easily to me up to 3 1/2 inches.. but i am tall so i don't want to go too high
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]