Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is going out dressed macho?

Is going out dressed macho?

I don't go out dressed anymore, it struck me (my wife agrees) that a guy dressing as a woman and going out in public is a macho thing. Kind of like
    climbing a mountain or some other risk taking activity.

Your thoughts?!

Platinum Member
    i think the total opposite i think it shows you are willing to put yourself in situations that can possibly make you feel quite vulnerable! and to feel so vulnerable is a girl/feminine thing!
    Last edited by Kieron Andrew; 11-24-2006 at 11:30 PM.

Professional Consumer Rebecca Petersen's Avatar

Huh?

Golly, I must be doing it wrong, because the last thing I feel is "Macho." Maybe it's just me.
    Rebecca
    Due to budget cutbacks, we have found it necessary to turn off the light at the end of the tunnel.

Banned Read only
    No way is it macho!

I think your wife is right to the extent that it takes courage to put yourself out there and expose yourself to the risk of exposure and humiliation....but macho isn't the word I would use, as I don't think of courage as exclusively masculine. Which is the greater challenge: playing to win in sports or business, or risking your life in childbirth?

Just trying be who I am. Byllie's Avatar

Huh?

Macho? Brazen, perhaps, if you're decked out to the nines. Definitely not macho.
    Life comes in all colors ... so please be kind to all you meet.

Macho? - Definitely Not. It is when I feel the most feminine.

Jenna
    [SIZE="2"]There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. - George Sand[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It takes some guts to go out en femme. It takes courage for a man to be seen wearing women's clothing.
    Crossdressing in public is not for cowards.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Not Macho

I feel like a woman, and I go out enfemme all the time. From Maureen

It Depends

A genuine Cross Dresser going out in public with the aim of passing as a GG is an act that is anything but macho. They have my greatest respect and admiration and one day I hope to join them...after I have studied the art, as it were, of the female 'aspect'.

The other form is indeed 'macho' and primarily concerns the 'bloke' or 'jock' type that frequent city centres dressed in a vile parody of the female form. They invariably dress in either a single slip garment with/without hideous blonde curly wig. Very hairy arms and legs seem to be a requisite of this particular animal. They are, by degrees, vile, uncouth, loutish, and billigerent: so protective of their pathetic 'machismo'.

They think it's all a big laugh. They disgust me. Fools.

They are the type that not only fear the unknown, they'd like to knock it into next week. Best avoided I find...not the most enlightened of individuals.

But, it's a big world out there with many genuine free thinkers out there.

Ok. I've gone on long enough!
    [SIZE=3]She Came From Plant Claire...

Dee
    [/SIZE][SIZE=3]xxx[/SIZE]

is in her vest
    I dunno...maybe I am femme after all..

obviously I am not "macho" enough...a little more macho, and I'd conquer my intense fear of going out (can't count a couple of drives)...it terrifies me...I just cannot do it....
    Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. ~Potter Stewart

Going out

Not "macho" per se, but I do agree that in my case, I have to be a man to be a "woman". Ericka/Rich

Removed!
    Hmmm......

A few weeks back I went to a SF get together, I wore my Pink...Yes Pink womens running shoes, my cruel gir jeans and a sweat shirt.

One of the guys noticed but did'nt say anything until later when someone else noticed. my Wife was with me and was ready to defend me but I just calmy said

"Hey man.....Real men wear pink"

That was it....

No jabs no harasment, nothing. They did kid me about it a couple of days later but. It really was no big deal.

Just a thought but it's really all about presentation and confidence.
    Read my monthly column On URNA And The Gender Society

Real women were built to be admired. Why be ashamed or hurt if you admire a well crafted copy or immitation?

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Model View Post
    The other form is indeed 'macho' and primarily concerns the 'bloke' or 'jock' type that frequent city centres dressed in a vile parody of the female form. They invariably dress in either a single slip garment with/without hideous blonde curly wig. Very hairy arms and legs seem to be a requisite of this particular animal. They are, by degrees, vile, uncouth, loutish, and billigerent: so protective of their pathetic 'machismo'.

They think it's all a big laugh. They disgust me. Fools.

They are the type that not only fear the unknown, they'd like to knock it into next week. Best avoided I find...not the most enlightened of individuals.

But, it's a big world out there with many genuine free thinkers out there.

Ok. I've gone on long enough!
    Perhaps they don't shave because they're in the closet, partner doesn't know

I'm probably one of the vile parodies you're talking about, I'll never look like a woman I'm too tall, too hairy..my wife would never accept me shaving she likes me to look a bloke.

Is a 'twue' crossdresser only one that can shave all over ?

Only If

Only if you equate macho with courage. It takes alot of courage to go out as a woman and face ( potentially ) all kinds of ridicule and harassment. From Vamp Maureen

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina Maureen View Post
    Only if you equate macho with courage. It takes alot of courage to go out as a woman and face ( potentially ) all kinds of ridicule and harassment. From Vamp Maureen
    As Ericka, I'm always ready to defend myself physically if necessary. I've learned through experience (my wife was my best "teacher") that a good biting "comeback" can inflict more damage to the male "ego' than a punch though! Ericka/Rich

Extream Cross Dressing

This is one of those individual things. Myself I have been out once and hoping to get out more. I felt completely natural like I really was meant to be Joy. Some people made comments but nothing bad. I guess with me it would be a combination of things that would attribute to my not being afraid and Macao would not be one. Another thing would be that I have spent my whole life in the closet and it was like a large personal victory to me getting out. So even if it there would have been fear I would have stuck it out and gone again till I felt comfortable with it. Oh and Macho is much over rated. Iv'e seen women put guys to shame when it comes to bravery.

Very true, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina Maureen View Post
    I definitely do not disagree with this statement...but I've never looked at it as a matter of courage. To me, it's all about being true to myself. Period. If that makes me courageous, so be it, but that's not my motivation.
    "poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another." Madonna "Justify My Love"

Wouldn't call it that but it certantly is courageous....and a blast!!

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Silver Member
    I wouldn't call it macho but it certainly can be an adventure
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

I would not call it macho....but it does take guts... It is also a sweet feminine action that I enjoy doing.

Great thread topic. I think your wife is onto something, at least a bit. Willing to be so vulnerable could be seen as risktaking. The big factor is (1) your location and (2) your presentation. Possibly dressing like a hooker in East Illinois would be a 'nerves-of-steel' experience. Dressing like grandma in SF, on the other hand, is - cottage cheese with a small house salad.

Macho, I don't think so. Does your wife mean that you would beat the hell out of anyone who makes comments about you dressing up??? I mean I feel soft gental and girly, embarrassed, shy, bashful, scared to death, but macho I don't think so.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

macho me sorry i don't think so.. I mean I feel soft genital and girly, embarrassed, shy, bashful, , but macho I don't think so. i am with Amy on this one ..
    correct me if i am wrong but macho is a guy thing... so when en-femme we do the chick thing right ? or do i have to do my home work again .. hugs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I get what you're saying, but tbh I'm as macho as .... hmmmmmmmm.... Diana Dors
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]