Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hell Bound

I'll be your Huckleberry! Sarah Rabbit's Avatar
    Hey look..If I go to Hell, I'll be too busy shaking hands with old friends to worry about anything else

Sarah R.
    Last edited by Sarah Rabbit; 11-28-2006 at 12:47 AM.
    Every time I walk down the street, I see every eye on me.
    Every time they look at me, I wonder, who do they see?
    Perfection in disguise,with regimes and alibis.
    The girl in the mirror , isn't the same as the girl in my heart

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

hell

I agree with Jennifer we are in hell so why worry.

I can't go to a place that i am already living in.
    Plus thats a human belief not the way of the dragon.
    Good bye i'm at wacko taco .com now

Dee
    when i stand before the Lord on my judgment day, im sure i have to answer to much greater sins than putting on a bra and pair of panties.

Dee

Something else to remember, most bible scholars will tell you that there is no place in the bible where it actually says that the book was written by God or through his inspiration. It was entirely written by men with an agenda. The first of the 4 gospels was written well after the crucifiction. The 4 gospels all differ in details.
    Leviticus and Deuteronomy are rules of personal and social order imposed on the Jewish people by themselves for maintaining social order and structure, health and sanitation in a world where plagues and deseases killed many other people. the Deuteronomy 22 passages in whole are about creating/maintaining social order and health. One key word in the original language of Deut. here is the word "Toevah" which has the translated sense of "because to do so will make you ill/sick." In many places in Deut. "Toevah" has been mis-translated to the word "abomination" which is really sad, it changes the entire meaning of the passage.
    Read Deut. 23:10-13, which talks about the need to carry a shovel to dig a hole to masturbate into, requiring one to go outside of town if one has a "wet dream" and not return until the next day, after bathing.
    No one alive today is God enough to be able to say which of the Deut. rules are still in effect and which ones can be overlooked, even Jesus said that those rules were made by man, not by God.
    The book of Genesis is very clear that we are all made in God's image, male AND female. It does not say that we were made male OR female, it does not say that there is a binary society. Each of us has both male and female in us, how could it be bad for us to express both sides of our inner being? I would say that we go against God by denying that other part of us that he created in us.

Brings back memories of catholic school

Having grown up going to catholic grade school, high school, and college hearing the nuns telling us boys are boys and girls are girls, period seems like yesterday. Now that I am wiser, and not agreeing with the Catholic chuch much these days, I feel the same as many who have posted replies to this thread. As long as you have good morals and help your fellow human in the time of need, who cares if it is done while wearing a dress. In the long run, God will judge us on other issues other than our style of dress.

I once said this on Yahoo! Buzz because of all the gay bashing I saw for their announcement of National Coming Out Day. If I am going to hell for crossdressing, I hope I am joined by every parent who has disowned their children simply for being gay, lesbian or transgender. One of the ideas of Christian fundamentalism that I absolutely abhor is the idea of literal in-errancy of the Bible, that every word is literally true.
    "It is better to be looked over than to be overlooked." Mae West

http://360.yahoo.com/ritaknight1999

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ritaknight1999/

I am also a Christian

I go through my ups and downs spiritually. I can't really say that it is perfectly allright to crossdress, but then again I cant say it is perfectly allright to smoke cigarettes, to lie, to not feel love for everyone, to crave money or success, to be unhappy with ones station in life, to feel lust for someone not ones wife, on and on and on. Jesus did not come into the world to judge sinners but to save them, ;which includes all of us. What sins does your sister in law have? Maybe one of your sins is not beleiving Gods mercy? I really do not know. I do know that God deals with each and every one of us individually. I was once advised by a very good Christian to crossdress WITH Jesus instead of closing him off in my guilt. Crossdressing is something that is very deeply ingrained in most of us and it is not removed in a day, and maybe it never will be. I try to read my Bible every day and to be open to it. I am getting to the point where I can easily forgo getting dressed to do things which ought to be done and don't feel awful when I do dress up. I try to be open to God's will, at times more successfully than others, and make every effort that my trust is in God, not in what I feel to be right at any given time. We are all wrong in so many ways. God will take his people to the place where he wants them to be. I do not know where that will turn out to be. It might be good to remind your sister that it also says in the Bible that "the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life." I think your sister in law is indeed a Christian but is very misguided in the way she is presenting her beleifs to you.
    Best Wishes
    Hugs, Christine
    Just the Girl Next Door
    my ad V
    V

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrissiej

Quote Originally Posted by Marina Twelve View Post
    To my experience those adults who dont believe in God were either raised with NO religion or had parents who belonged to a Fundie or screwball sect, that turned them off to it. They DONT KNOW what real Christianity is, so they are hardly in a position to judge. Everything they complain about--the intolerance, the dopey and dangerious beleifs, etc. are Fundie or screwball BS.

There is nothing wrong with good mainstream Churches. Most are tolerant, so long as you keep any 'disruptive" personal peculearities to your self. And the moral guidance is constructive and comforting.
    There are 667 ‘sins’ listed in the Bible. The act of murdering your own children is given as a necessity if they worship other gods, but paedophilia is not once mentioned as an immoral act. If I met God (which is physically impossible as he does not exist), I'd ask him why I, and billions of my fellow earthlings, have better morals than him.

Oh, and why he let the Holocaust happen.

And why he approves of slavery.

And genocide.

And rape.

And homophobia.

And child abuse.

Being positive

The Creator has very little to do with what goes on here. This was an agreement made long ago. We "make" or "break" our own world.There is a group that has a specific agenda to dominate everyone on Earth. Depending upon how much we allow that group to hold sway is our choice. There is a time coming soon, however, when we will all have to show what we are made of. Negative thinking and energies attempt to dominate the scene. Positive energy and positive people will win out in the end. Negative just does not work and never did. If we are positive, we become secure within ourselves and eventually it includes others. Positive energy and thinking is additive, negative thinking and energy is subtractive, just remember that. We are the masters of our own destinies more than we may think. It's just easier to defer that energy and thinking to something or someone else and just sit by waiting. Bottom line is:"Ya snooze, ya lose", simple as that. Ericka/Rich

Red face

Caroline,Elly I believe you both hit the nail on the head. I had a priest that was teaching bible class that it doesn't matter if you go to church every day or not but that you truely believe in him you will go to heaven. It also says in the bible we we're all made in his image?

hello,
    For what it is worth I would like to interject an opinion on this. God, the devine creator of everything in the heavens and the earth created all of us. God put our DNA together. God put our personalities together. God knew all about us, our thoughts and deeds way ahead before all of us were born into this world. God is all knowing and all wise. Our crossdressing is something God knew about before we came to be, this lifestyle did not catch God off guard.
    Whether this is a sin or not can only be determined by you and God. Christians that condemn us can not send us to hell. God in his infinate ways set up rules that we all are to go by to live a righteous and holy life. In the old testament humans were bound by jewish law. Due to the many restrictions of that law that humans could not live by, Jesus came into the world to set us free from that law.
    Most christians quite often judge others with a holier than thou mentality. God doesn't allow one person to judge or condem another. You will know the person by their fruits. Only God can judge. Christians are suppose to witness to others and pray for the lost, not condemn them. God gave us free will to do as we all wish. We either come to His Son, and confess, and repent, or we go on our merry way. Everyone needs to come to Jesus Christ for redemption of their sins, and believe that HE is the Son of God. Once the Lord comes into a person and lives, a transformation takes place.
    If you have a loving heart, love and worship God, have compassion towards people less fortunate that you, and have asked the Lord into your heart, then you are one of God's own. No one has a right to judge us. For if they do, they will be judged by the very same standards that they have judged us by.

Quote Originally Posted by janet p View Post
    It also says in the bible we we're all made in his image
    So that's the problem! And I just want to look like a woman...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Short Skirts & Long Legs

Smile Post Script

It amazes me of the response I got from this question and thoughts.

I would love my neice to read some of these thoughts...

Thanks girls

Marcie

Quote Originally Posted by Marcie Sexton View Post
    It amazes me of the response I got from this question and thoughts.

I would love my neice to read some of these thoughts...

Thanks girls

Marcie
    Yep. Bet for the most part she wouldn't change her mind one bit. Tell you the truth I think most of the posts made in this thread tell you what is a general thinking on biblical things. I think some of you need to read the bible. Some know it and are confused. Others know it and turn the other cheek so to say. Bottom line. Believe what you want. I do! But no matter what you believe there will only be one "true" answer when this life is done. Hope you have chosen the correct path. Think on this: Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat. Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Suanne.

Just one more and then I will shut up. It was said here that the bible was not inspired and no place in scripture does it say that. Well it does. II Tim 3:16 All scripture is given by inspriation of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Quote Originally Posted by JulieCDorlando View Post
    hello,
    For what it is worth I would like to interject an opinion on this. God, the devine creator of everything in the heavens and the earth created all of us. God put our DNA together. God put our personalities together. God knew all about us, our thoughts and deeds way ahead before all of us were born into this world. God is all knowing and all wise. Our crossdressing is something God knew about before we came to be, this lifestyle did not catch God off guard.
    Whether this is a sin or not can only be determined by you and God. Christians that condemn us can not send us to hell. God in his infinate ways set up rules that we all are to go by to live a righteous and holy life. In the old testament humans were bound by jewish law. Due to the many restrictions of that law that humans could not live by, Jesus came into the world to set us free from that law.
    Most christians quite often judge others with a holier than thou mentality. God doesn't allow one person to judge or condem another. You will know the person by their fruits. Only God can judge. Christians are suppose to witness to others and pray for the lost, not condemn them. God gave us free will to do as we all wish. We either come to His Son, and confess, and repent, or we go on our merry way. Everyone needs to come to Jesus Christ for redemption of their sins, and believe that HE is the Son of God. Once the Lord comes into a person and lives, a transformation takes place.
    If you have a loving heart, love and worship God, have compassion towards people less fortunate that you, and have asked the Lord into your heart, then you are one of God's own. No one has a right to judge us. For if they do, they will be judged by the very same standards that they have judged us by.

I believe in the celestial teapot. It orbits the sun between Earth and Mars. You cannot prove that it doesn't exist because it is too small to be detected by any human means. Therefore my teapot has exactly the same case for existence as your god.

Glamerous Granny carolinewalker_2000's Avatar
    Don't bother with the teapot; read Terry Pratchett and you would know that the world is flat;rests on the back of 4 elephants; who, in turn, are standing on the back of a gaint turtle swimming through space!!

(Anyone else a fan of the "Discworld" novels?)
    [SIZE="3"]Caroline

Tranny Granny
    [/SIZE]

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Misty_cder View Post
    Having grown up going to catholic grade school, high school, and college hearing the nuns telling us boys are boys and girls are girls, period seems like yesterday. Now that I am wiser, and not agreeing with the Catholic chuch much these days, I feel the same as many who have posted replies to this thread. As long as you have good morals and help your fellow human in the time of need, who cares if it is done while wearing a dress. In the long run, God will judge us on other issues other than our style of dress.
    Did you get to wear those cute skirts?
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah-Anne View Post
    There are 667 ‘sins’ listed in the Bible. The act of murdering your own children is given as a necessity if they worship other gods, but paedophilia is not once mentioned as an immoral act. If I met God (which is physically impossible as he does not exist), I'd ask him why I, and billions of my fellow earthlings, have better morals than him.

Oh, and why he let the Holocaust happen.

And why he approves of slavery.

And genocide.

And rape.

And homophobia.

And child abuse.

Thats YOUR idea of what "GOD" is supposed to be--that he shouldnt let bad things happen, etc. GOD is WHO HE IS and does not conform to the 'ideals" or "moral codes" of any of us lowly humans.----Ya gotta get to KNOW God whether you like him or not.

A lot of the "negative stuff" we hear comes from the OLD testiment and is taken out of the context of the dire situations the Isralites were facing. Killing another human may not be "good", but you certianly have to do it in the case of war or self defense.

As A Scientist I CAN say with confidence that there IS at least a "Creative Intellegence" inherent in the universe. Random evolution cannot account for the complexity of higly developed systems, like birds and humans in a mere 10 billion year age of the universe (I beleive in evolutoin, but a "Directed" form of evolution) We can call that force "God" if we like.

Sins are NOT VIOLATIONS of God's Law , but SHORT COMINGS to our 'perfection'--That what SIN means--a "shortfall " of the goal like missing a target.

This WORLD is not "perfect", nor was it meant to be. It is a "compromise system"--where BAD THINGS DO HAPPEN. We are here to prove to God that we can 'take it"---he only wants "intellegences" with free will that can function in adverse conditions.---for whatever work we will be doing in a parallel universe some call 'heaven"

HELL, BTW, means "realm of the dead"--like the Greek Hades or the Jewish Sheol.---The spirits of Everybody who dies goes there by default.--its a cleaver synomnym for being DEAD.---Not necessarily a place of fire and punishment.

The Premise of "Christianity" is that if you let Jesus take on your KARMA (sin debt) your spirit will function at a "higher level" when you shed your body and you will be in a state of eternal "life" unlike those others sould trapped in the dead world of Hell. (Hell is the nordic word translation of the dead world such as hadies)

Other religions have their ways of escaping to the higher level of "imortality" Im just speaking about the Christian version here----I also beleive in "reincarnation BTW" and can reconcile THAt to Christianity too---The bible says nothing against it, and really can be interpreted as being supportive--depending on the words we use in the concept.
    Last edited by MarinaTwelve200; 11-28-2006 at 07:32 PM.

Banned Read only
    I just worry that crossdressing makes me impure or unclean in God's eye so that I wouldn't be worthy of heaven. I beleive there is a Hell and I don't wanna go there! Like 3 days in prison was hell.
    Last edited by Jesse69; 11-28-2006 at 11:14 PM.

No, you will not go to hell for CDing

Marcie,

The short answer is no. Yes; there is a prohibition of it in Deut. This is the same book that tells us to:

Execute Women that are raped in a city.
    Wear Clothing that has tassles on all four corners.
    Do not mix wool and cotton.
    Do not charge interest to any who are not foreigners.
    Do not eat Pork
    Do not eat unleavend bread.
    ect, ect.

Now then, we as Christians believe that we have a new covenant with God. Which means that unless Christ specifically reafirmed a law from the Old Test. then those Old Testament laws are null and void.

Christ never mentioned the Cross dressing thing.

Now he did mention adultury. It is mentioned 41 times in the Bible as opposed to once for CDing. And;if you are having sex with anyone other than your FIRST ( unless you are a Widow/er) then you are by Biblical defination commiting Adultery.

Guess which God is saying he hates more? 'Course you will hardly ever hear a minister rail at the unmarried couples in the church. But; boy try to show up in a dress!

Duet. is just used by bigots who only want to use it for those things they don't like. And; who will ignore those things that they do themselves.

Listen to what the Lord says, and not the idiots.

Love

Michelle

Concepts like 'God', 'Heaven', and 'Hell' are so completely empty and devoid of meaning that I would find it all extremely comical were it not for the amount of suffering these illusory ideas cause. Honestly, there can be no validity to human life while it is still blighted by the shockingly primitive practise of 'religion'.

In any case, the reality we already find ourselves in is in fact grim enough. I said earlier that we are already in Hell, and I attach a short essay I wrote a couple of months back explaining why current human reality is a more miserable place than the Christian idea of Hell could ever be!

So cross-dress, and enjoy life while you can. And if God will punish you for it, that is just all the more reason to do it, to show God up as the petty psychopath he surely must be, and revel in the knowledge that you are a nicer and more well-balanced person than He could ever be!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    As a Convert to the Catholic Church, I consider myself to be a very good Christian. So did my dear departed wife, who bought me the matching white satin lingerie I wore on our wedding day. I have never worn a dress, or a skirt, to church but only because too many of my friends don't know about my CD activites. I have gone to Church wearing other feminine apparel.

I believe God cares about what kind of a person we are, not what we wear! Yes, there are passages in the Old Testament about wearing the clothes of the opposite sex. But scholars have said that those passages referred to trying to get into places where a man, or woman, did not belong.
    Besides, God is forgiving. Putting on panties, etc., is not a Mortal Sin. Just be the good person you should be and all will be well. I don't think our Compassionate God will send you to Eternal Damnation for what you are wearing!!

Sissy

More Girl than man

response from fellow "Scorpio Hunny"

I was rasied catholic and always had big resentments with the church - until recently. A good friend of mine got re-commited to cathlolicism and actually uses it as a spiritual tool to be kind to others and himself (what a thought, huh?)

It seems to me that more and more, I see people substituting principle with ritual or spirituality with religion. I know many devout "christians" who are anything but christian in the true sense of the word. Likewise I know many atheists who are among the most spiritual of anyone.

The particular path one decides to take up the mountain, in my mind, is far less important than the results of the trip. If our untertaking of a religious calling is based in fear, intolerance and ego, then I can't possibly see how that can result in spirituality and a connection to god, self and society.

The real questions, IMHO (and can't you see that I'm, like, sooo humble ), are not whether we say a certain type of prayer, or wear women's clothing, but whether we're honest and loving while recognizing our own humanity.

Religious dogma (of all religions) changes frequently based on reasons that are seldomly rooted in god. Usually things that are practical for a society, or even more usually, for power and profit.

The principles of christianity are wonderful, they also happen to be the same principles of every other religion on the planet.

Love is where you find it.
    "In a Patriarchal world, crossdressing is akin to treason...it's the ultimate punk rock expression."
    - Ru Paul

Woman of the Revolution Bridget's Avatar
    I'm not particularly religious, I consider myself somewhere between Dawkins Agnosticism and Joseph Campbell.

I think that crossdressing is the least of our worries if there is a heaven or hell. Our other actions are as likely if not more so to damn us. Nobody lives a perfect sin free life, and the odds of picking the right religion are very tiny. And then there's the possibility of reincarnation, which is rather scary, given that population growth is highhest in war and poverty torn areas.

Despite this bleak outlook of mine, I think the take home message is to live a full and happy life, maximizing your happiness, and minimizing your harm on others.

*Shameless Plug Mode ON*

If questions such as this thread is based on are of interest to you, then perhaps you would like to join us in the Religion Discussion Group. Simply click here and select Join Religion Discussion Group. If you have any questions I'd love to hear from you via PM or email.

*Shameless Plug Mode DISABLED*

To answer the question, hell is for unrepentant sinners who have not accepted Jesus Christ as their LORD and Savior. (You did ask for responses from Christians, right ). Since I have accepted Jesus as my personal Savior and confessed my sins, hell is not my destination of choice. Now, is Crossdressing a sin? That happens to be a topic in the Religion Discussion Group. Come check it out...
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]