Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone go to Tri-ess meetings?

Anyone go to Tri-ess meetings?

I was wondering how many of us have attended their local Tri-Ess chapter meeting? It seems like a good way to network with other CDs and to be someplace where we feel accepted. I went to one last month and am planning to go to the one here in the L.A. area next weekend.

Any opinions? Anyone members? If so, is it worth joining?
    Shannon

Hi Shannon:

Oh yeah, Joanie is a happy, Tri-Ess Gurl! I'll be going to a dinner Friday night and a Meeting in Orlando on Saturday. Out with the Gurl's after the meetings and dinner.

Tampa Chapter meets next week. If I could join a third Group, I'd probably do it.

Some of the nicest people that I've ever met have come about because of my Tri-Ess Affiliation. For me, it really is an important part of my life. It has given me the opportunities to advance and grow. A HUGE first step, when I came out of The Closet.

Tri-Ess gets a big "Thumbs Up", from me!

Peace and Love, Joanie

Tri Ess is good

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon CD View Post
    I was wondering how many of us have attended their local Tri-Ess chapter meeting? It seems like a good way to network with other CDs and to be someplace where we feel accepted. I went to one last month and am planning to go to the one here in the L.A. area next weekend.

Any opinions? Anyone members? If so, is it worth joining?
    Hi,
    I am a member of Tri Ess near Chicago.
    I don't always attend each month, but it seems to be a good place to hang out with other CD/TG's and hopefully learn something. Also, if you are married, they do have a couples sub group, as well as a subgroup for spouses only.

Altho their main constituency is Married Hetero Male to Female CD's, they seem to allow anyone who is a CD to join regardless of marital status. I am single, and I am welcomed.

They also have a national quarterly magazine, and most chapters have a local newsletter, or at least mine does.

Hope this helps.

Hugs,
    Joanie B.

I have been trading emails with the Dallas Trie-ess chapter for some time. I was invited to attend HEF2006. I attended Tri-Ess's HEF2006 earlier this month and got to formally meet with the officers of the Dallas Tri-Ess Chapter. It was so great to meet other Tri-Ess members from all over the country that weekend. She emailed me the following Monday, telling me I had my formal interview and welcome to the Dallas Tri-Ess Chapter. I plan to attend the Janurary meeting.

I have been wanting tp go to a meeting for some time now, but the nearest group is a 4 hour drive away, well actually 3 hours drive time and crossing to a different time zone, and the fact that things just have not fallen into place for me to actually make it to an event yet (money or conflicting events, i live a very hetict life on the weekends). Anyway, here is to hopeing that I will someday make a meeting!!!!

Looking forward to going

I'm planning to attend my first Tri-Ess meeting in a little under two weeks! I'm looking forward to it!

Living in the San Francisco Bay area, I think the nearest chapter is in Sacramento. That's a little too far away to drive.

Karen Sue

If there was one in my area I would join and attend.

Dawn

Tri-ess

I go to Tri-Ess, Lambda Mu chapter in mid Michigan. About 20 attendees, and about 6 wives. Gurls stand around in dresses, wigs and heels and talk about crossdressing, and business. Women wear jeans and flats and gather in kitchen and talk about receipes and decorating. Sometimes there is a guest speaker or makeup or wig demo. Dinner is potluck--usually delicious--we eat good! Location is private and a changeing room is provided--which i use.
    Several members from Detroit to Grand Rapids area always come.
    New people must meet with the group president (Sandra Stewart) so that he/she can screen out reporters and curiosity seekers. New people can meet with group president on the night of the meeting to save a trip. New people need not dress the first few times. We understand.
    Sometimes there is a swap meet where we try to give away excess dresses, wigs, heels and jewelry.

Short Skirts & Long Legs

Post Plum & 40

Good for you, I just wish we had a chapter closer than Charlotte, NC. I know there were several splinter chapter that tried to start up in the Huntington/Charleston area, but for one reason or another they all folded...

Consider yourself lucky that you don't live PLUM in the middle of no where and 40 miles from any thing...

I think there is some one else that knows this area who can testify to that too...

I have not been a member of Tri-Ess due to the fact the nearest one is over 5 hours away. I am in the process of joining the national organization. My wife and I have attended the Tri-Ess SPICE conference a year and a half ago, which was well done and worth going to. Since that time I have been able to join some of those we met at that conference and some others for several outings which two of them both my wife and I attended.

I must say from what I have seen of the organization it is mostly good and they seem to get a bad rap from many because they focus their support for the heterosexual CDer, wifes, and their families. But I know many other organizations focus their support on different needs and groupings like TS's, gay, or some fetish for some examples.

Also I know many of the Tri-Ess groups do a lot of out reach activities to other different organizations, schools, and colleges. And there out reach and education includes the whole TG spectrum.

The only minor bad thing I noticed, and I do not think it is not coming from the Tri-Ess organization but more from those involved that I have met. But they tend to indirectly push CDers to be "more of a CDer" for lack of better words. They want CDers to look their best and go out. And I say that this is minor because that is what many want to do. But I am not sure how comfortable a CDer that just wants to be a guy in femme clothes in some form, and does not want to present a female persona would be within the organization and how accepted he would be on outings. But I would say that I will soon be finding out

Other than that, every organization has its better chapters/groups. A group is only as good as the people within it, and every person does not always click with all other persons. So I would say it is worth at least checking out the group and joining for a year to see how you fit in. They have some great resources and being able to talk with others of similar interests is great, and to do it face to face is more enjoyable to me than doing it on-line because it is more personal and real. This forum is great, but it does miss the up close, personal, visual, and can touch part of a relationships/friendships. Not too many people are married and have never seen and touch their spouse in person.

And as for a chapter being too far away, I say it is more about a person's wants and needs than the distance. I know there are people part to the Denver chapter that come from way up into WY and make most of the meetings. And I also bet there are people within Denver that make few of the meetings.

"The farther you come to get the information, the more you will get out of it." Reed

KimberlyS - CD
    Last edited by KimberlyS; 11-29-2006 at 03:16 PM. Reason: add info
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

tri-ess meetings

I am a member of the Tri-Ess group in South Jersey. Its like any other group - if its a good,friendly,sociable group its well worth being a member. Best way in my opinion is to go as a guest a few times to see how you feel and if you want to join after that. The people make the group, not the other way around. Huggs - Robin

I've been looking for a chapter to join, but as far as I know, the nearest one to me is at least a couple of hours away. That's too much right now; maybe things will be different in the spring.
    warmly, Linnea

Tri-Ess

I am a member of the Tu Epsilon Mu chapter in MN. I have met some very nice people, cders, wives, and other family members at the meetings. The focus is definately on the hetero cder and SO as that is the national charter focus of Tri-Ess. Our chapter has monthly meetings, monthly outings such as dinner and or a play etc. and a non dressed event for family and friends to let the SOs and family members see everyone as just people. This is a very non-threatening way for dubious SOs to break in to the group. I have not sensed any pressure ever for any member to take their CDing to another level, but the opportunity is there within the group in a supportive, safe and if desired, private only setting. I recommend you look into the local TriEss chapter to see if it is for you.
    Janelle

Shannon,

I have just joined a TriEss chapter. I was at one event last month, and on the 9th of Dec, our chapter will be have a fancy dress dinner.

It is a great way to meet with others who like to dress as well. They will even help you get accustom to being out in "public", not just being out to a tg event.

Helen in OK

Professional Consumer Rebecca Petersen's Avatar

Tri-Ess

For you No. California girls, there is a chapter in Sacramento. The link is provided below. The home page is outdated, but someone will respond. Good luck.
    http://www.geocities.com/Sigma_Delta_Gamma/
    Due to budget cutbacks, we have found it necessary to turn off the light at the end of the tunnel.

I want to go so badly. But I'm still a bit timid to do so. Also, the nearest chapter to me is a long bus ride away and on the weekend it's darn near inpossible to get public transportation to that location! So right now I'm kinda stuck.
    -Audrey

I am the newsletter editor and a member of the Administrative Board for the Sigma Epsilon chapter in Atlanta. We have a very active organization. Our monthly meetings are actually a full weekend of activities. We have members who regularly come from all over Georgia, Alabama, North & South Carolina, and Florida to attend our meetings. I can't speak for the other chapters, as all run things a bit differently, but Sigma Epsilon has a lot to offer. Anyone wanting more info can send me a PM.
    Phoebe

Smile

In the East Bay Area of Northern California:
    There's the "Diablo Valley Girls" who meet on the 1st and 3rd Mondays of every month from 8-11, we meet in Walnut Creek,
    our meetings are socials, informal and a lot of fun. If you are interested email me at:
    G8est-cd@yahoo,com

Paula Rae
    [SIZE="1"]Member: Diablo Valley Girls[/SIZE]

I am not a member of Tri-Ess, but do belong to our local (Indianapolis area) support group IXE. We are having our Christmas party the 9th.

Smile Didn't know they existed...

...until now

They don't like "bearded ladies", so I've never gone.

They have not replied to my Email from four months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Carter View Post
    They have not replied to my Email from four months ago.
    Email them again. The recipient may not have received it for any number of reasons.
    DonnaT

I plan on going to the next meeting, which happens to be their Holiday Party. It is on the Alpha chapter webpage as being held on December 9th. If any of you other gurls are from the Southern California/Los Angeles area I would love to meet someone from this forum. This may be the perfect opportunity to do that.
    Shannon