Thread: old enough to know better

old enough to know better

hi girls
    well not to hijack another post do you think it is as simple as just trying on womans cloths that triggers our cross-dressing no matter what age we start .. Penny said it best :-

When I was 11, I was playing over a one of my friends and he got a couple of his sisters panties, longling bras and girdles and we put them on. Of course it wasn't his first time. I have not doubt he is a CD to this day.

how many here tried it just once when you were say in your 20 something. you are old enough to know better but cross-dressed anyway and you have also started your new hobby ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't think that just trying on womens clothes triggers CDing.

I guess 80-90 % of the boys wore womens or girls clothes knowingly at least once during their childhood.

It needs a disposition.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ
    ... do you think it is as simple as just trying on womans cloths that triggers our cross-dressing no matter what age we start ...
    [SIZE=3]No! You have to have that inherent urge within yourself that is irresistable! Marla is right, you need to have that inclination to crossdress, especially for the long term and/or to integrate it into your everyday lifestyle.[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by MJ
    ... how many here tried it just once when you were say in your 20 something. you are old enough to know better but cross-dressed anyway and you have also started your new hobby ...
    [SIZE=3]I went to a few crossdress parties when I was in my early twenties, events like 21st Birthdays and similar activities. I know many of my male friends who did so at the time did it for the fun aspect and had no inclination to be crossdressers at all. Even today (20 years later) they'd not be crossdressing. Me on the other hand, I really enjoyed those activities as i was already an established crossdresser back in those days![/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love And Devotion To My Online Family

I'm outa the closet, but still inda house!

Marissa,

I was only eight when I was faced with a strange undeniable urge to try on mom's hose. I was old enough to know they belonged to mom and so did my a** if she caught me in them, but hey...what's a girl to do?

Colleen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    I look back at the first times I "dressed" .. and remember that it was actually mostly in my mind.

I was a child, probably four or five years old; as I wrapped myself up in the velvet throw from our sofa, I imagined myself as "Ginger", the movie-star character of "Gilligan's Island" fame.

I personally term that as my first CDing experience, so I would have to say, "I have always been a CD .. there were no external triggers that I know of".

Triggers?

I was well into secretly being a girl way before I started any serious dressing. In my case, I had already "decided" I was one. For me dressing was the "effect" not the "cause". Ericka Kay

I've known too many men who wore women's clothes either for theater or for a Halloween costume to believe that just putting them could suddenly transform you.
    In my 20's, I dressed as a priest for Halloween, but I never conisdered being one.
    Besides, I started in my 40's.

Quote Originally Posted by janis_en_femme View Post
    I've known too many men who wore women's clothes either for theater or for a Halloween costume to believe that just putting them could suddenly transform you.
    In my 20's, I dressed as a priest for Halloween, but I never conisdered being one.
    Besides, I started in my 40's
    thank you janis
    This is what i am trying to understand you said it :- I started in my 40's

so why did you start ?
    Clare said ;- No! You have to have that inherent urge within yourself that is irresistible! Marla is right, you need to have that inclination to cross dress, especially for the long term and/or to integrate it into your everyday lifestyle.

so how can you keep the urge to dress suppressed for so long or did it just turn on ?
    and thank you for the replays girls
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    ...so how can you keep the urge to dress suppressed for so long or did it just turn on ?
    and thank you for the replays girls
    Societal forces can be very strong. The desire to "fit in" can be overwhelming. Even within our community we constantly talk about wanting to be accepted... my .
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Mummy's girl

My mum was dressing me in girls clothes before I even knew that they were! Only at my first day of school did I realise. Not dresses and the like, but girls slippers, girls knickers subtle stuff. I think she always wanted a girl really and induldge herself. Thank god! So I guess I've always been a crossdresser and have never made a concious descission about it, its just always been a part of me. Interesting thread, which I probably have not taken on much for you. Paying attention though, Amanda

I don't think that it's the clothes that trigger the dressing. It's more of a deep psychological urge, maybe even sub-concious, that triggers one to first try on an article of women's clothing.
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

My clothes only ever expressed the colour of my mind. In fact I'm happiest in my pink fluff bedroom... It reflects me without having to wear anything
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

I personally think it is who you were born as,I've always felt that I was supposed to be a girl but something went wrong.I always wanted to dress like my sisters and my mom even told me she wanted me to be a girl when I was born.That made it easy for me when my sisters would dress me as well as my mom and then I started getting my older sisters hand me downs as well.

Content and Happy
    I can't remember if there was anything that triggered who I am. I do remember stuffing my moms bras, wearing her tops and clip on earrings when I was alone. Back then, I didn't know what a crossdresser was. I just knew what I was wearing and doing felt right. I was never confussed what I was, I just had to look down. It feels as good now as it must have felt back then and that's what really matters.

Lanore

I don;t think it's a triggering act when one tries on female clothing the first time. When i was about 4 or 5, I had the urge to put on my older sister's poodle skirt (it was the 50's...LOL) and I still remember the electricity that went through me when I did. Later, I was always digging out my mother's stockings, panties and bras when she was out of the house and the same feeling emerged. Now, of course, I realize that my lifelong obsession is what defines me and ya know what? I still get that feeling!
    **KISSES**, ~stacey~[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    thank you janis
    This is what i am trying to understand you said it :- I started in my 40's

so why did you start ?

Clare said ;- No! You have to have that inherent urge within yourself that is irresistible! Marla is right, you need to have that inclination to cross dress, especially for the long term and/or to integrate it into your everyday lifestyle.

so how can you keep the urge to dress suppressed for so long or did it just turn on ?
    [SIZE=3]I see your point Marissa. I never thought of it like that.

I started crossdressing very young, so the idea of commencing to crossdress later in our lives is a foreign concept to me!
    [/SIZE]
    Last edited by Clare; 12-03-2006 at 12:21 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love And Devotion To My Online Family

I'm outa the closet, but still inda house!

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Golightly View Post
    My clothes only ever expressed the colour of my mind. In fact I'm happiest in my pink fluff bedroom... It reflects me without having to wear anything
    Lisa, you have a wonderful way with words.

Tiffy
    no matter how much love we have, we can not feel it if we are not happy inside

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy ****, what a ride!",author unknown

Women to me are gods greatest forms of beauty and art in motion.