Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shaving WHy am I doing it?

Shaving WHy am I doing it?

The guys over on the other side have an interesting post on shaving and not wanting to highjack it I thought I'd ask you, although I'd love the GG's and FTM imputs.
    I have a very supportive, practical, feminist SO, who to the best of my knowldge hasn't shaved any where, except a mole on her chin in 20 years, not even for our wedding. She came into the bath yesterday saw me shaving my pitts and asks sarcasticly"Why are you doing that" and Lamely I answer "Because I supose too" she shakes her head, folds her arms and says "explain to me why a woman is ""supose"" to shave." It felt like one of those "How do I looK hon " questions and I didn't do any better.

SO Girls, Thats all of you "WHY AM I SUPOSE TO SHAVE"? Help I'm looking real foolish here.

Diana

Wink Feminine Feeling

I don't know about other girls/gurls, but I shave my legs, and armpits, because it makes me feel so feminine and sexy. I also tweese the few hairs that grow around my breasts as this also makes me feel more feminine. I have never liked the hairy look on women or gurls, even when I spent some time in Europe where it is common. I am a very lucky gurl, as my body has very little hair which makes it easy to keep smooth.
    Hugs and Kisses, Diana

Pandoras Box

Now you've gone and done it, asked one of those "don't ask" questions!
    giggle

Ok, I'm the first one responding, so I'll pretend to whisper, so that no one else notices.

CDs think that women should look like women, and CDs want to look like women. But.............................
    The "looK' that CDs are looking for, is really just the MALE perception, of what a woman SHOULD look like.
    So, perhaps that's why so many woman today dress in pants, because they want to, not because some man thinks the should.

So, in reality, any IMAGE you have in your mind, of how a woman is supposed to look, is really just your male perception of a woman.

Just say, "because I like it."

I would think that a feminist would accept the right of every individual to behave as they so choose to.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

On the other hand you can ask your SO why she does not shave?

Shaving in general: Some say it just looks and feels better; same as for facial hair. It is that simple.

Armpits: In principle it is more hygienic, because we have perspiratory glands there and the little sweat eating bacteria feel quite comfortable in this humid, hairy surrounding --> producing the smell from the odorless sweat (that's why we have the hairs there and elsewhere).

Legs, chest: Pentyhose or stockings just look odd with hair underneath. A hairy cleavage is at least unusual.

Personally, I feel a bit apeish with my bodyhair.

I personally like the way my legs feel without hair
    Smooth and silky and it just feels good.

Pits - well hygene really, I don't feel feminine if I have a hairy armpit and yep that's my perception - I see women with hairy armpits and I figure they are either married or not interested in men! (I know I may get slammed on that one)
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

Aspiring Member Sasha Anne Meadows's Avatar
    I just can't stand to have the slightest trace of body hair anywhere. I absolutely must shave everything first thing in the morning every day.

Platinum Member
    OK sometimes i don't quite feel all up to shaving ....then after a day's growth i am like omg i need to shave why because i like to it makes me feel good simply it makes me feel like me......

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianna Lovely View Post
    giggle

Ok, I'm the first one responding, so I'll pretend to whisper, so that no one else notices.

CDs think that women should look like women, and CDs want to look like women. But.............................
    The "looK' that CDs are looking for, is really just the MALE perception, of what a woman SHOULD look like.
    So, perhaps that's why so many woman today dress in pants, because they want to, not because some man thinks the should.

So, in reality, any IMAGE you have in your mind, of how a woman is supposed to look, is really just your male perception of a woman.
    [SIZE="3"]I think I understood that, and if I did I agree.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

My Mothers other Daughter Janelle Young's Avatar
    I shave because I like being hair free, so that is personal preference. Perhaps I am fooling myself but I also 'think' it makes me cooler in the summer.
    Feeling and looking great

Jasmine and Donna

Swiss Miss

Makes Me more Me

We, as TGrs, start at an extreme disadvantage in looking fem- we're hairier. Most ggs don't have as much, or as coarse, bodyhair to begin with. If we want to look like a woman it's gotta go. Call it a stereotype if you want but the ideal of myself as Teresa doesn't have much hair. "That guy" had facial hair of one sort or another from 16 to 50; shaving the bodyhair is a continuance of my "Teresafication"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just trying be who I am. Byllie's Avatar
    Well, I for one do not shave ... I epilate!
    Life comes in all colors ... so please be kind to all you meet.

Shaving

I depends on what kind of image you are tyring to present, Hon. As most of the foregoing posts have explained. If you are your own person, you need to find a look you are comfortable with. Kay

Quote Originally Posted by Brianna Lovely View Post
    giggle

I agree and add that the MALE IMAGE is somehow supposed to be normative., western culture has its male perceptions of beauty, which may be different elsewhere. the correct answer, in my opinion, is not because I'm supposed to (she has that right) but rather because I WANT TO. simple. if she is making some kind of statement about feminisim by not shaving, that is her thing; other feminists have no problem about it, or opinion about it.

I shave my body for the same reason that I shave my face, and it really has nothing to do with cross-dressing; I just think that hairiness looks and feels quite silly and unpleasant.

Thumbs up

Well, I can understand the reaction to your "supposed to" answer. I would probaby react the same way.

IMHO you should do whatever it is you enjoy.

I shave because I love the smooth feeling. To me that is soooooooooo sexy.

Wait... hairy legs in sheer hose? Is this France or something??

Sorry, I don't care for the "natural" or "european" look. My mom shaved, my s/o shaves, and I shave. For me it's the fem thing to do...

Because you prefer to, that ought to be reason enough.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Gold Member
    Just tell her to go in the other room and keep shaving.

I certainly don't do it for anyone else since no one else gets to see my shaved legs, chest, underarms. I do it because I want to. I want to because I have always thought it looked gross when I didn't. I want to because it feels good. I want to because the absence of grey hairs keeps me younger in spirit. I want to because my modest cleavage looks better shaved. I want to because my legs look better in pantyhose when they are shaved. After thinking about it a while, I think am going to go shave right now. Mmmm, sounds like fun.... Bye.

simple! I'm addicted

I have no idea why your suposed to shave. but I just started shaving on a regular basis recently. this includes my face. but after the last purge and during the subsequent binge I shaved everything except my head. plucked my eyebrows started letting the nails grow. Now I cant go more than three days without shaving. I love the way my legs look and feel when they are shaved. My face? well it definitly looks more feminine without the gotee. I personally like my male look better with it but looking feminine when dressed is now more important to me so i just keep it shaved. the Armpitts started because my wife kept asking me to shave them for hygenic reasons I finally did and of course i look better in tank top or sleavless dress with out the hair so i have kept it up.
    Last edited by Aprilrain; 12-02-2006 at 12:31 AM.

For me if i dont shave, I start felling neanerthal like I swear my IQ starts dropping!! When Im fresh shaven all is right with the world.

i shave my legs and use nair on the rest of my body . i have alot of body hair and quite frankley i can't stand it . yes it makes me feel and look better also cuts down on b.o. . much cooler in the summer . it can be alot of work but it's worth it .

Male crossdresser
    Too me shaving my legs and chest is part of feeling feminine. I personally do not like hairy gurls and especially on me. Nothing feels better than the feeling you get after shaving your legs, so soft and smooth. Danielle