Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wedding dress/ prom dress

wedding dress/ prom dress

what do you like better wedding dress or prom dress and why

either

either one is so feminine that it would be a privilege to wear either item. I would love to go in for a fitting to try on some of both. We have a David's Bridal here but alas i'm too shy.

bianncats
    lovin to dress...

I like crossdressing but I feel Wedding dresses should only be worn by women/girls who are brides and not by guys. I feel the same about prom dresses. They should only be worn by girls at their prom.

I do however feel drawn to wearing the little black dress!

emmi

dresses

i would love to wear both i would be very happy to ever to be able to be in a wedding dress i feel it is the ultimate in fem attire

As the other girls have suggested both are wonderful to wear, I find it hard to find a good fit in either. I love how its takes longer prepare and how feminine and glamorous you feel. Its a very close all to pick one or the other, I choose prom dress first, closely followed by a wedding gown.

Just trying be who I am. Byllie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emmicd View Post
    I like crossdressing but I feel Wedding dresses should only be worn by women/girls who are brides and not by guys. I feel the same about prom dresses. They should only be worn by girls at their prom.
    Interesting concept. Does this also mean that GGs should also not wedding gowns or prom dresses unless they are bride's or going to a prom?
    Life comes in all colors ... so please be kind to all you meet.

Quote Originally Posted by bianncats View Post
    either one is so feminine that it would be a privilege to wear either item. I would love to go in for a fitting to try on some of both. We have a David's Bridal here but alas i'm too shy.

bianncats
    I would highly recommend contacting your local David's Bridal. I did and had a fun time at my bridal gown fitting. It was so amazing for me. My avatar pic is from that fitting. Good luck....

My opinion....if I had to choose. I would choose a bridal gown. A prom dress is very girly and feminine but a bridal gown with all the accesories is the height of femininity. When I get married...I'll be wearing an elegant bridal gown from David's Bridal with all the accessories...shoes, bra, slip, veil, tiara, purse, necklace, bracelet, full arm gloves...YAY!!!!!

Take Care,
    Michelle

wedding dress/prom dress.

i recently went to a wedding dress hire shop,i had made an appointment
    the owner was very helpful in helping me select the right size and style
    also helping me to put it on,then once she completed it with the veil it
    was the ultimate experience,but unfortunatly no makeup.i spent an hour in
    the shop wearing it,in the meantime other ladies were coming in and out of
    the shop and they weren't at all concerend.

I prefer bridal gowns. They are so elegant and feminine. esp the full skirted ones that have a long train. All brides look lovely on their wedding day. I think it's the extra time and care a lady takes when she doing her makeup is one reason. The bridal veil also gives a woman that demure look and all men like. On the wedding day the bride is the star, the center of attention of all there.
    Hugs
    Amelia Hope

Quote Originally Posted by pantyman344 View Post
    [SIZE="3"]Well i'd have to say prom dress but only because last night me and my daughter was looking at some online as she has a upcoming prom next year which she is really excited about[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"] Naomi x[/SIZE]

i would say i prefer a prom dress because it can double as a evening gown, as to where the wedding dress should only be worn to the wedding.

I had a gorgeous prom gown once and loved it. I would like to find another similar to it but for now I would prefer a wedding gown. I have never tried one and can only dream of what it is like. Maybe the fact that I am getting married soon has something to do with it. Kerry and I are toying with the idea of a gown for me but the first priority is to get one for her. I wouldn't have it any other way.
    Last edited by Lawren; 12-03-2006 at 08:54 AM.

I love formal gowns and prom dresses, but I have to say I agree that a wedding dress with all the accessories is pretty much the height of femininity, and would love to able to wear all the works, full petticoat, train, veil....ahhh.
    "I always wanted to be somebody…but I should have been more specific."
    Lily Tomlin

I finally gave in and started a Flickr page for my pics, if you want to have a look....still loading haven't organized anything... https://www.flickr.com/photos/129221215@N08/

I've worn both. But when prom time comes around each year I eagerly look forward to the new designs.

Prom dresses for me.

I think I would love to wear both and have a handsome gentleman by my side to pose with picture with me!

Either is fine as long as they are satin and a full long skirt. My GLady will not permit me to have a Wedding dress at this time.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

To me, a wedding dress would be the ultimate feminine item to wear. I get excited thinking about it. I was tempted to try on my wife's when she was last out of town but didn't due to fit and for respect for what it represents in our lives and marriage of over 20 years. But a never worn, "neutral" dress in somewhere like David's Bridal---ahhhh, if I were in one, would I be able to leave it??? Those of you who were fitted a a bridal gown shop, I imagine you were expected to make a purchase, weren't you?
    In the end, once all is said and done, and we have exhausted the analysis, this is all about having fun and girlls just want to have fun!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle2008 View Post
    I would highly recommend contacting your local David's Bridal. I did and had a fun time at my bridal gown fitting. It was so amazing for me. My avatar pic is from that fitting. Good luck....

My opinion....if I had to choose. I would choose a bridal gown. A prom dress is very girly and feminine but a bridal gown with all the accesories is the height of femininity. When I get married...I'll be wearing an elegant bridal gown from David's Bridal with all the accessories...shoes, bra, slip, veil, tiara, purse, necklace, bracelet, full arm gloves...YAY!!!!!

Take Care,
    Michelle
    i had the best time at a david bridal shop. the sa's were very nice. made me feel like a girl. i would go every week to try on wedding dresses but that would not be fair, and i cant buy one right now
    sue ellan

life is like a roll of tp. the closer to the end the faster it goes.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pantyman344 View Post
    Prom---I've got a pale complexion and looked washed out in white
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Gown and Dress Lover Tiffany Anne 9954's Avatar
    I own 2 wedding gowns and thier the most favourite items in my wardrobe. I love all that fabric swishing and draggin behind me as i walk about. Getting a wedding gown has allways been my dream when i started dressing and thank goodness of a cd friend i knew that dream became a reality. I have the veil, petticoat and bouquet to finish off the look along with the necessary jewelry that i need to wear.
    Wedding gowns have allways been my fashion interest for a long time now

i think a prom would be great i know i would like to wear one.

Quote Originally Posted by MsJanessa View Post
    Prom---I've got a pale complexion and looked washed out in white
    Well you could try dieing wedding dress black... I like prom dresses in bright primary colors like... http://www.promdressshop.com

Kim

Last edited by Kimkandy; 12-04-2006 at 09:47 PM.

Prom dress for me. I have a very pretty satin prom dress that was made to measure for me. It fits perfectly. Also has a bridal petticoat that goes underneath. Oh, it is a lilac color. I love it when I hear the zipper going up the back and I am surrounded by the gorgeous dress. I feel so feminine. Add matching high heel sandals and a pretty little purse, the diamond look ear rings and necklace and the outfit is complete. It is soooo much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:GE:

Wedding.....the feeling of a wedding dress on is just amazing.....

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/karrenhu...60762329873162

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I never got to attend a prom, but I still have my wedding dress, and I wear it for my wife every anniversary. I love it, but I need her help to button it up, it has 40 buttons in the back of the bodice! It is gorgeous, but I think maybe it is it's association with the best day of my life that makes me love it so...