Thread: Makeup question #3

Makeup question #3

I hope y'all aren't tired of me shamelessly begging for help with my makeup issues, and I hope you realize how truly helpful you are. And I'm not being lazy, cuz I've read all those CD help sites, but they don't answer the questions I'm asking ya'll. Plus, I'd like to think these threads are helping more than just me.

Anyway, for the last year I've been doing the concealer / foundation / powder / blush thing. I know there are tons of fine-tuning tricks I've yet to learn, but I'm still trying to arrive at the perfect base combination, i.e. foundation + ?

So, my first question is:

Should I be using loose powder and a brush over my foundation, or is what I've been using — one of those Cover Girl compact thingies with the round pad and pressed powder — okay? (Actually, I've been using two shades of that.)

And the second question:

What's up with liquid makeup? I have been experimenting with a bottle of L'Oreal liquid makeup. It looks really nice directly on my skin, with no foundation, really blends well with natural skin tones. But obviously that won't work cuz I gotta have the foundation to cover my beard. So, does it make sense to put liquid makeup on over foundation? If so, what tool should I use — fingers, pad, industrial paint sprayer or what?

This what I use in all my makeovers: Colortration. This stuff covers really well, and needs no setting powder. If you want, you can dust a little translucent powder on it. Not sure if that exactly answrs your question though....

DanaJ

to your answer theres a post on this by on of the laddies that shows you all the neat tecs on this go thru the older furums in the lounge that was posted last week i use a burn cosmedic make up but this tread that was posted is great im going to try a few tricks my self. i think your pic are very good i dont see where you need that much help luvxxx

Dana — Thanks for another great tip. This has to be good stuff cuz you look great!

Fallen Angel — thank you, i will look for that thread this evening. And thank you for the compliment. BTW, I looked at your profile some time ago, and you are gorgeous, a real stunner.

What's up with liquid makeup? I have been experimenting with a bottle of L'Oreal liquid makeup. It looks really nice directly on my skin, with no foundation, really blends well with natural skin tones. But obviously that won't work cuz I gotta have the foundation to cover my beard. So, does it make sense to put liquid makeup on over foundation? If so, what tool should I use — fingers, pad, industrial paint sprayer or what?
    Use a concealer on the beard.

Then foundation/makeup.

And then powder, then blush, then more powder.

I use Prescriptive's Magic powder over the Loreal liquid/powder makeup over the cover girl foundation.

Check out these comments http://www.cosmeticconnection.com/pxmagic.html
    DonnaT

Quote Originally Posted by DanaJ
    This what I use in all my makeovers: Colortration. This stuff covers really well, and needs no setting powder. If you want, you can dust a little translucent powder on it. Not sure if that exactly answrs your question though....

DanaJ
    I can second Dana's recommendation of Colortration sherri. I used to use Dermablend but found Colortration to be the far superior product. I used to have a pretty heavy beard shadow which was hard to cover. Though I don't have near the problem now with beard shadow that I had a few years ago (thanks to HRT and anti-androgens), I still like Colortration as a foundation cover. I think you would like it as well.

Love,
    Christine Renee

Theatrical Makeup

Sherri,
    It really depends on what your skin is like. I have little scaring from acne. I came across a company by the name of Rosecolurs. The sell theatrical make up which is a little thicker and covers quite well. I only use it for a concealer and them apply loose powders for a base and shaping..
    Tomita

That settles it, I gotta try this Colortration.

Donna, I'm glad you mentioned concealer. That would be a good thing to talk about in this thread.

I've been using Cover Girl concealer that comes in the little bottle with a lip gloss-type applicator, but I'm not entirely satisfied with it cuz I still see a little mustache shadow, even with foundation and powder. (I have dark hair and a medium thickness beard.)

In addition to my powder / liquid makeup questions (see previous posts), what kind of concealer do y'all use?

That's interesting Tomita. I've read about theatrical makeup, but I guess I had this mental image of the old pancake look. What interests me about your post is that it covers scarring, which would lead me to think it would also cover coarse pores (the subject of another thread we have going).

thanks for the complament sherri, ive been doing this for many years and the moore you do it the better it gets.xxxxx

Sherri, I use the Max Factor concealer, it's in the stick and covers very well. I also use a liquid over it to fill in my pores and then a light translucent powder. The Concealer sticks, I think it is the Pancake but if you blend and use a sponge, it will give you a smooth base and with a light dusting of powder...a really nice matte look.
    Girls just want to have fun... MMMM!

Thanks for the tip Darby, I like the idea of stick concealer. I think that's what I will try next.