Thread: permanent hair removal

Banned Read only

permanent hair removal

Any look into or try these so call home Do it yourself “permanent hair removal”
    http://www.verseo.com/veeppeharesy.html
    http://www.nevershaveagain.com/
    http://www.sensationalskin.com/epilight.html

And/Or a new method of Electrolysis: that is called Transdermal Electrolysis!

It uses patches instead of electrodes on each hairs.

http://www.complete-hair-removal-sou...alTutorial.htm

Also I heard on the news that more men are having hair removed. Not just waxed but permanently removed from faces chest etc. Anyone heard of this.
    FYI: if I had the money I would do it. Never like body hair and can not stand shaving my face. Have never wanted facial hair and never will so no point in having hair on my face.

I believe electrolysis and hormones are still the real deal.

Those products look like hoo-ha.

The only 100% hair removal is by either electrolysis, or laser, all orhers including light removal will allow re-growth with various period before the new hair will show again. I used electrolysis way back when, before they had laser removal. Both permanent systems cost a lot, I think laser is still the most expensive, but electrolysis can be done in increments. (it hurts too, at least it did for me!) I have not had to shave for decades, and it was worth every penny, even if it did take years to pay for!
    Last edited by Bethanygirl; 12-04-2006 at 10:57 PM.

Banned Read only

I know that is why I am asking

Quote Originally Posted by DayTripper View Post
    I believe electrolysis and hormones are still the real deal.

Those products look like hoo-ha.
    Technology changes so I did not consider it impossible for a home do it yourself.

I recomend Laser

Well, I have had 12 laser treatments on my face and I have very little left. I am not left with 1 more laser treatment and then to get rid of the white or grey hairs I will have to get electrolis. All, I can say is that I have had a very positive time of it. I had a very heavy beard which I never relised because I could not stand it from the first time I had to shave I never went more than 2 days without shaving it. Except for one time when I was sick in bed for 4 days and then I could barley take a shower but I got shaved. Jena
    Jena

Quote Originally Posted by janedoe311 View Post
    Technology changes so I did not consider it impossible for a home do it yourself.
    I agree. (Who coulda anticipated burning CDs - er, compact discs - back in the 80s?) But the 'net is rife with T-ripoffs. When I see these gizmos at the local Walgreens and I meet a few Tgals who swear by the products, then I'll jump on the wagon. Unless I get the bread to do the electrolysis before that day, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jena11 View Post
    Well, I have had 12 laser treatments on my face and I have very little left.
    Does the laser treatment work out cheaper, I thought you would need more than 12 treatments for Electrolysis?

Kim

Do the research

Girls,
    My wife is a doctor and has the more expensive laser equipment. The cheaper equipment only removes dark hair not light hair like Red or Blonde.
    So do the research. I have had the hair on my face, chest and underarm removed. Being a red head I have not done the leggs, I do not have a great deal of hair on my leggs.
    I think it is worth the effort. Not having to pay the tab. I have no idea on the cost.
    Good luck.
    Summer

Don't know about the do it yourself kits. I've had two laser treatments to the face and I think they set me back $150 each. The reduction is significant already. The downsides are it doesn't work on grey hairs (but that's okay because you can't see them beneath the skin) and it can be a little spotty at first. By spotty, I mean there are little islands of shadow from remaining folicle groups.

I'm in the process of having laser done as well. I've only had one treatment so far, but the shadow of my beard is already reduced dramatically. I have four more treatments, and I should be virtually hair free. I don't have a lot of facial hair naturally, but what I have is pretty dark, and it's become worse over the last six months or so. It'll be very nice to not have to shave anymore, and also to be able to wear much lighter foundation.
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

I just had my third electrolysis treatment. I am not looking for complete hair removal but rather a gradual thinning. My electrolysis (who does laser as well), was afraid of too dramatic of a change for me. My wife does not know and this way we can spread out the impact. I'm in no rush, and with the whites and greys coming in, it's a good time to lighten up the face. I can already see the difference.

They made progress in advertising, but not with do-it-yourself hair removal that works.

Always check Hair Facts for news on these products, I am afraid they are all scams....

http://www.hairfacts.com/

DanaJ

Any look into or try these so call home Do it yourself ?permanent hair removal?
    http://www.verseo.com/veeppeharesy.html
    http://www.nevershaveagain.com/
    http://www.sensationalskin.com/epilight.html

And/Or a new method of Electrolysis: that is called Transdermal Electrolysis!

It uses patches instead of electrodes on each hairs.

http://www.complete-hair-removal-sou...alTutorial.htm

Also I heard on the news that more men are having hair removed. Not just waxed but permanently removed from faces chest etc. Anyone heard of this.
    FYI: if I had the money I would do it. Never like body hair and can not stand shaving my face. Have never wanted facial hair and never will so no point in having hair on my face.
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The journey has begun.... Regina's Avatar
    Hi

I tried one of those "permanent" hair removal systems it was basically an electric tweezer. It was poor quality and unreliable, i was able to remove hair with it but you have to go over the same area again due to regrowth, it was way to time consuming and tedious to use. Laser or Electrolysis is the only proven method for permanent removal, i have done both,currently i just had my seventh laser session for my face although it can be painful it was worth the effort and expense. Good Luck!

Regina

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Not having to pay the tab. I have no idea on the cost.
    Good luck.
    Summer
    Hi Summer,

You're the lucky one

Long time, no see. I'm not here much these days. Had my op last June. I've been back at work for 5 months now & I'm happier than I've been since I was about 6 years old.

Rach
    xxx

have any of you girls tried the lasers that can be purchased from stores for home use, I'm thinking of buying one as I can't afford to have sessios professionally
    Stevie B

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevieb View Post
    have any of you girls tried the lasers that can be purchased from stores for home use, I'm thinking of buying one as I can't afford to have sessios professionally
    the lasers on the home kits are not as strong as the professional ones therefore no where near as effective.....ive had friends that have tried them and although the professional method is that little bit more expensive it is still more cost effective in the longer run thus better results

Nigella has had laser "Light Sheer" and each session for a full face was £60, and she's had 5 lots , she just needs a coupole more for the toplip and chin area and these are £30 a session. I know further South you go it is more expensive.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Quick follow-up on my laser

Well, I'm now two treatments in, and there's a substantial difference. Much thinner facial hair, and the shadow under my upper lip is nearly gone. I can't wait to see what this looks like in a few more months.
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

Silver Member
    Save your money for the real thing. Laser for dak hair, electrolysis for the rest. Every few months someone "discovers" a new painless, costfree, easy, quick, fun way to remove hair. And every few months someone will fall for it. Shave or wax it off, or get laser and electrolysis. The only proven methods of permanent hair removal.

Jane, sweetie. Just because something is on the internet does not make it true. ANYONE can say ANYTHING on the internet and most of the time they do. You have a wonderful trusting nature but people will say ANYTHING to make a buck. Most of what is advertised on the internet is centered around making money.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

Hair Removal Cost and Pain

I've been thinking of gettin laser or electrolysis for a while. Im not the richest in the world and probly couldn't afford it. But I hate shaving and have always been disgusted with body hair of any kind. But Im wondering for the future how expensive is any electrolysis? Does it leave red patches on your cheeks for weeks? or how long?

Silver Member
    Dear Hillary,

Yes it can be expensive. Both laser and electrolysis. There are many variables. Laser works best on dark hair and light skin. If this is you, laser is the way to go. I am older and have a lot of light grey hair. Electrolysis is the only option for me at this time. I wish I had started sooner.

Is it expensive? Yes. It will end up costing me many thousands of dollars. Laser is also expensive but may be slightly less and slightly quicker if you have dark hair and light skin (see above).

Can it leave red marks on your skin? Yes. But this is temorary. The three most important factors in good electrolysis are the skill of the operator, the skill of the operator, and the skill of the operator. I can alway tell when my technician has had a bad day. I come out looking bad. This always fades eventually. If I presented 24/7 as a woman I could easily use makeup to hide this.

Lovies,
    Steph