Thread: Ok I'm scared to death

Ok I'm scared to death

I leave tomorrow with Jean to go to Atlanta and spend several days going out and to a party Saturday! So what's the problem you ask? I have never been out dressed before! I have several new outfits to wear. I have a very helpful and loving wife. I will be with other girls. And I am scared s***less! Everyone just expects me to just get dressed and walk out the door! Not just once, but probably six or seven times! We have been preparing for this for several weeks, but it is time to buck up and be a girl! I know that I will have a great time. I just have to do it!
    I will take pictures and post when we get back.
    Wish me luck! I would not even be going if it were not for this forum. You have been my inspiration and have given me the strength to even attempt this.
    LOVE to all, DAVIDA

once you get out the door you will foget all your fears and you will have a great time after you will whant to keep going out it will get easy as you get once out that door i dont even think about it any moor good luck trisha

Smile

I have yet to do that myself. I have been out, but only on halloween. I Know that you have the support of all here, including me. Go out and enjoy it!! Have fun, and good luck!!!

Not to worry Davida. I'll make sure nothing bad happens (while I'm around anyway). I promise you will have fun. See you at lunch on Friday.
    Phoebe

too bad you girls don't live up here in canada ontario, i would take you out. and you would have a blast ... hugs marissa
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good luck dear, don't let your fears overwhelm you, you're finally gonna be who you really are, in a social situation, don't let anxiety diminish that for you one iota! You are going to do great! And love every minute!
    Good luck, and have fun!

I only get out a few times a year, before I get out the door I'm terrified but quickly calm down. I thoroughly enjoy the times that I go out dressed and once you get out the door you will enjoy it too.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

I think that you're going to have a great time. Just take the leap; if I have the opportunity, and I hope to soon, that's what I'm going to do.
    warmly, Linnea

Davida I'm gonna tell ya it's like a drug once ya go out there is no turning back. Ya just can't imagine how liberated your gonna feel after the first time.

Joy Carter

A little bit of fear is a good thing because it hightens your awareness and you will be able to hear the swish of your clothes and the sound your heels make on hard floors; you will feel the breeze under your dress and your hose rubbing together when you walk; you will be able to taste your lipstick and smell your purfume. It will almost make time stand still. Years from now you will still be able to remember your first time out! Just don't let your fears paralyze you and remember to smile!!!!

Fear

Hi Davida, Listen, Hon, you have nothing to fear but "fear" itself. That and maybe some ooglers . Just relax, be yourself, go with the flow and enjoy. Like the old commercial on TV used to say: "Try it, you'll like it." and the other one that said: "I guarantee" and the other one that says:"But you're worth it." You know you need this, so have a good time. Let us know how you made out, okay? Ericka Kay

Davida,
    If your going to the party that Phoebe is going to this weekend then my wife and myself will be there also and will look forward to meeting you and your wife. After the initial fear of leaving your room and meeting the girls i assure you that you will have a great time.
    Hugs
    Brenda

Enjoy yourself! I can't tell you how you'll feel once you get out the door because everyone is different. I can tell you that it seems to me much different than dressing at home. At home feels like dress-up time. Once I'm out in public I feel like a female, and am usually treated as one. That makes a big difference. I hear the groups in Atlanta are alot of fun.

It always makes me feel like Angel (the good vampire from Buffy the Vampire Slayer) when he got to go out into the sunlight. When the warm sun hits your face and your legs it feels like freedom!

Good luck! (try dancing, you'll love it!)

Sally

What aThrill!

That terror of anticipation will be gone in a minute once you're out there. You've wanted it for soooo long and now it's here!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Davida,

Don't feel bad I felt the same way the first time I went out dressed. Thank God I had my wife right there with me to keep me from fainting from the terror. All I can say is make sure to keep breathing. It will also help that you are going to have other girls with you as well, especially if they have been out before. They should be able to give you some support in that area that we here can't becuase we are not right there with you but, we are with you in spirit and in out hearts. Juct keep thinking to yourself "I have just as much right to be here as anyone else that is here, no matter how red neck they are."

Good Luck and enjoy

Anna
    [SIZE=5]Be who you are not who others think you should be.
    May the Great Spirit Bless you in all things.[SIZE=2]
    My website: [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5][SIZE=2]http://360.yahoo.com/mrsanna_25
    [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5][SIZE=2] The Be-All Website: http://www.be-all.org/
    The National Center for Transgender Equality http://www.nctequality.org/
    [/SIZE]

[/SIZE]

girl next door
    Oh Davida, I'm sooo excited for you! It's perfectly natural to be a bit nervous the first time. It sounds like a perfect situation for a coming out party though, with your wife and girls like Phoebe (yes, I am a bit jealous not be joining you ). I'm sure the butterflies will fade soon enough and you'll have a wonderful time.
    [SIZE="3"]
    my wish for you is peace
    [/SIZE]

lo·gom·a·chy /loʊˈgɒməki/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loh-gom-uh-kee] –noun, plural -chies.
    1. a dispute about or concerning words.
    2. an argument or debate marked by the reckless or incorrect use of words; meaningless battle of words

The only thing I can say is try to act confident...even if you aren't at first...and you will be with others...so no worrys...........can't wait to hear all about it...enjoy and take lots of pics
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Davida,

<giggle> You sound sort of like a school girl about to go on her first date... As soon as you begin the journey you'll leave your fears behind and new horizons will open in front of you!!

Go, and have fun! That's an order!

Ready to leave

Thanks to all of you for the support and confidance. I will be back on Sunday. Hugs to all, DAVIDA

You'll do just fine!! Your just getting yourself all worked up!! I remember those days!! Lol. After you do go out you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner and more often!! Lol

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I know how you feel. Driving over the HEF2006 last month, I started getting very nervious. Once I got the Hotel, I drove around until I found a secluded place to park, so I could change into JoAnn. I remember having to stop and force myself to calm down or I was never going to get my makeup on right. LOL Then it was time to either fish or cut bait. If I was going to join in at HEF2006 then I had to get out of the SUV, walk to the Hotel, go in, find the HEF2006 resestration, and just do it. So I opened the SUV door, stepped out, closed it, took a deep breath and started walking to the Hotel. Passed at least three guest leaving. No response what so ever. Then as I approached the Hotel entrance, a male guest came out looked at me and said "Morning Mam". It was like a switch had been thrown. All of the tension and fear just drained away. I smiled at him and had that smile all day. I went in, found restrestion, and from that time till I left late that evening, I had a ball.

I know that once you take that first step out, you will discover that it is not as bad as you think it is. Besides you will have your SO right there beside you. By the end of the first day, you will be so thrilled with yourself, you will have problem getting to sleep. LOL

Your gona be just fine. Take a deep breath and relax. lucky gurl, lucky gurl.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

Davida you did real good this weekend! I know cause I was there! I bet there wont be a second thought the next time.

Someday I will be posting the same . You are lucky the day has come.. As for me it is just a trip to Walmart tonight wearing under drab . I did polish both pinkys a strawberry frosting like I did my toes. Best of luck I envy you!!