Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: if there was a place..would you come

cdjenny

Arrow if there was a place..would you come

we(my wife and i) have been toying with a idea now for sometime..like a couple of years.. let me try to explian.. we have thought about a place to where all cd's,tv,ts and such..can come and get a makeover.treated like a lady..a place where you could get make-up as well as tips..have your pic made if you like..you know a place so a girl can be a girl with out having to worry about anybody treating us differently..

if there were a place would u come? if you would how far are you willing to travel to get there? and how much would you be willing to pay for a service like this?

i was just wanting to know before i went and opened up shop..and had nobody to show up?
    Living is not in how many breaths we take, but in how many moments take our
    breath away.
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much

your business idea

Yes I would go. Yes I would pay it would depend on the service I was getting. Maybe a make-over with instruction on how to do it as $30 - $40? I don't really know what your cost would be do it so that is hard to say. I would travel about a hour to get there.
    Last edited by NatalieBliss; 12-07-2006 at 10:11 PM.
    - Natalie

P.S. that's what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R where eliminated.
    -Mitch Headburg

"If you think you think outside the box, you're trapped in one"
    - M.C. Paul Barman

There is a place called Femme Fever in Long Island (near NYC) that you might want to check out (online) for comparison.

I'd go but I can't afford it. For distance, I commute to school 2 hours, and a makeover would be SOOO much more fun. So I'd travel more than 2 hours.

Michelle
    "Princess" was on a shirt given to me by a cd who barely knew me. I purged it, but kept the nickname to remind me of the kindess.

There are a number of places like this around the country. I know that Seattle has at least one, for example.
    warmly, Linnea

well there are places we can go but few and far between. so there might be a market for a dressing service. but again i think the cost is way too much.
    but thats just me. so yes i think you are on to something . you don't know till you try.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by cdjenny View Post
    we have thought about a place to where all cd's,tv,ts and such..can come and get a makeover.treated like a lady..a place where you could get make-up as well as tips..have your pic made if you like..you know a place so a girl can be a girl with out having to worry about anybody treating us differently..
    Errm... I think there already are such places... here's one in the UK Transformation http://www.transformation.co.uk/ by all means go ahead an open another one or is that not what you meant?

Kim

Yes I'd love to see a place that was CD friendly, especially if it wasn't more than a couple of hours away. Maybe more people would come because... if the atmosphere is right... the customer base would be right.

Put it in the middle of the country where everyone could get to it and yes they would come.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

cdjenny

that was my thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Wannabe View Post
    Put it in the middle of the country where everyone could get to it and yes they would come.
    i was thinking the same thing...and everybody that is a member of this sight would get a great discount..
    Living is not in how many breaths we take, but in how many moments take our
    breath away.
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much

Sejd
    Hi Linnea
    What is that place in Seattle called?
    Sejd

Try these:

Makeover services: California - Christine Boyar - A female make-up artist located in near Los Angeles. Has worked in the LA film industry as a makeup artist to the stars for over 20 years and has experience with male to female makeovers. Great with wigs and know the tricks; shopping; is a fashion designer; will travel.

Makeover services: Las Vegas, Nevada - FrancinesMakeup.com. - Professional Make-Up Artist/Image Consultant for the Transgendered Communityfocusing on makeup application and instruction, basic wig styling, personalized color analysis, wardrobe consultation and style analysis and working to provide that desired polished look.

Makeover services: Minneapolis, Minnesota - Hair by Morgan - A Minneapolis salon run by a licensed Cosmotologist who is a pre-op Transexual male to female. Morgan provides make-overs for Transexuals with services that include wig styling, full wardrobe service, photography, personal transgender shopping and group outings.

Makeover services: Columbus, Ohio - Miss Erica’s Crossdressing Academy - he afe haven for growth and assistance in the exciting exploration, development and enjoyment of one’s femme side. Transformations, Make-up & Wardrobe, Feminine Detailing,Image Consulting, Confidence Building, Identity Awareness, Attitude & Movement, Comportment, Verbal & Non-Verbal Communications, Girl Talk, Shopping, Excursions, Mini Boutique.

Makeover services: Austin, Texas - Transformations Make up and Hair - Jon Davis (aka Beth Boye). A licensed Appearance Designer amd Image Consultant, working mostly with female clientele, as well as with ad campaigns, fashion shows and beauty pageants. Transformations are a natuaral extension of his lifelong experience as a transgendered person and is the basis for his belief that every TG person, especially those new to the lifestyle, should have professional image counseling to ensure success in creating their own unique style.

Makeover services: Atlanta, Georgia - Phoebecross - Providing a female point of view in a cozy home studio for crossdressers who need to explore their feminine image in a peaceful, discreet setting without distraction from their "real" world. Services include makeovers, dress and deportment,

Makeover services: Philadelphia, PA - CDTips - I help and advise closet, semi and permanent cross-dressers, with dressing, shopping, make-up, etc. In-House Transformations, Personal Shopping, Girls Night Out, Weekend Seminars, Consultations, Make-Up Application, Wig Selection and Maintenance, Feminine Comportment Salon-A-La-Carte, CDtips Advice.

Makeover services: Brooklyn, NY- A Woman's Touch - A relaxed home-like atmosphere that achieves the ultimate feminine image. Colors and styles are selected from extensive wardrobe and wig collection. You learn to prepare the art of make up, dress, nails and hair. Carriage and poise training.

Makeover services: Newburyport, MA - Esthetique - Paula DuBois is a make up and skin care professional who provides client privacy in a cozy one-on-one setting. Makeovers, estensive Skin care Services, Facials, Lash Tinting, and Body Sap Treatments. Makeovers include customized looks and step-by-step instructions in the latest makeup trends.

Makeover services: Vancouver, Canada - Tora Roberts Makeovers - A certified makeup artist who offers a private Vancouver setting for complete male-to-female transformations. Over the past nine years she has developed unique makeup techniques to help crossdressers realize their ultimate feminine appearance.

Virtual Makeover services: United Kingdom -The Boudoir's Cross Dressing Service - The Best Dressing Service in England Transformations, Photography, Hair Styling, Makeup, & Outings.Female figure shaping & dressing.

Formerly lisameaghan :) Lisa Maren's Avatar

My 0.02

Actually I have. There's a place in San Jose called Carla's that I went to for the first time last Friday and had an hourlong makeup lesson. It was $65 if I remember properly. It was really fun, and I met a couple other gurls there. You don't have to have an appointment to be there, either. You're welcome to just come in and hang out. I'm glad to know there is such a place. I live about fifty miles away from Carla's so I don't mind some driving.

Best of luck!

Hugs,
    Lisa
    [SIZE="1"]What lies behind me and what lies before me are tiny matters compared to the girl who lies within me.
    -- A twist on Ralph Waldo Emerson

To know what you prefer instead of humbly saying Amen to what the world tells you you ought to prefer, is to have kept your soul alive.
    -- Robert Louis Stevenson

Ubi dubium, ibi libertas. (Where there is doubt, there is freedom.)
    -- Latin Proverb
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimkandy View Post
    Errm... I think there already are such places... here's one in the UK Transformation http://www.transformation.co.uk/ by all means go ahead an open another one or is that not what you meant?

Kim

Transformation is a big con and rip off, the goods you receive are rubbish, there far better services in the UK, such as The Boudoir, The birdcage and a few others round the country
    Last edited by Kieron Andrew; 12-08-2006 at 03:37 AM.

Aspiring Member
    I wouldn't do something like that. Wondering though, what do they offer that you can't get somewhere else? You can buy clothes, and I'm pretty sure you can get a makeover anywhere if you ask. Other than pictures?

Pedal Steel Guitar Player Patricia Danielle's Avatar

Yes I'd visit.

Is there any around the Kansas City area?..Patricia..

I'd do it once maybe but unless it had a base on social activities like a club I'd not be interested. There was one on Novi Michigan and it went by the wayside a couple of years ago. The one real problem I my view would be limited clientèle. I'd really like a place to go and share idea's and to get to know others like me face to face. This place however is the next best thing. Thank God for it's existence.

Would I come?

Hell yes, if it were closer. Too bad I live in PA. Would be nice to get together with a bunch of babbling females and getting "fixed up" at the same time. We'd get to see how this half lives when they "pretty up" and have a "hen party". Ericka Kay

Well your thing says you are in SC and I am in NC. YUP, my wife would bring me for sure. Would love to come. Would be great. Best of luck dear.

Tiffy
    no matter how much love we have, we can not feel it if we are not happy inside

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy ****, what a ride!",author unknown

Women to me are gods greatest forms of beauty and art in motion.

The Chicago area seems lacking here.

As for your idea, it would be nice if you offered house calls too (for those who don't venture out en femme).

Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    Transformation is a big con and rip off, the goods you receive are rubbish, there far better services in the UK, such as The Boudoir, The birdcage and a few others round the country
    OK I haven't been to Transformation... and Boudoir http://www.theboudoironline.com/ looks interesting and may be better, the point I was making is that this is not some new idea... it's been done already. See bethanygirl's post for makeover services in the US.

Kim

I had a transformation about 6 years ago at Studiolites.com in Denver and it was a watershed experience for me, they did a fantastic job, however the main drawback for me was the cost, with a photo shoot was pushing $400. That said, I've never looked so good and they were extremely nice and put me at ease especially considering how nervous I was, and that it was my first time completely dressed. (my middle school attempts with my mom's clothes, blush and lipstick don't count ) I think that a more affordable place would be welcome, however travel is a huge consideration, and I do believe despite the fact their doesn't seem like it, there really is some competition. Good luck sweetie! I'm all for more places for girls like us to get pretty and be comfortable.
    "I always wanted to be somebody…but I should have been more specific."
    Lily Tomlin

I finally gave in and started a Flickr page for my pics, if you want to have a look....still loading haven't organized anything... https://www.flickr.com/photos/129221215@N08/

Quote Originally Posted by janis_en_femme View Post
    The Chicago area seems lacking here.

As for your idea, it would be nice if you offered house calls too (for those who don't venture out en femme).
    Chicago, lacking? Apparently you aren't aware of these businesses in the Chicago area.

Check out http://www.jannasplace.com/
    http://www.transformationsbyrori.com/
    http://www.spaskinstyle.com/index.php
    http://www.geocities.com/rachelswigs/

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Julogden View Post
    Chicago, lacking? Apparently you aren't aware of these businesses in the Chicago area.

Check out http://www.jannasplace.com/
    http://www.transformationsbyrori.com/
    http://www.spaskinstyle.com/index.php
    http://www.geocities.com/rachelswigs/

Carol
    lol Carol you beat me to it i was JUST about to post a load of links for Chicago

Silver Member
    Kieron is right----many of the so-called transformation services are a rip off---others are ok----it really depends on the expertise of the people doing the make over----I've seen a lot on line where they are asking 200---300 dollars for an hour or two session---definitly not worth it.
    Last edited by MsJanessa; 12-08-2006 at 11:58 AM.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

lol Carol you beat me to it i was JUST about to post a load of links for Chicago
    WOW! Please forgive my naivete. I really didn't know about them.
    I've asked at a couple of web sites but never received any responses about Chicago area businesses.
    Last edited by Diana West; 12-08-2006 at 03:15 PM.