Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where do you go shopping?

Platinum Member
    did some one say lets go shopping ???????????????no iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii well ok lets go

I like LaSenza here in Canada, there are two of these stores that I shop in and the clerks are very nice to me. I even have the bra club card (already used two of them so far). I also purchase from e-Bay and Victoria Secret. Thier second skin satin bras are to die for. They really make you feel sensual. For dresses I go to Winners - they always have good deals and for shoes, I go to Payless - there are a few size 12 and 13's out there - depending on the shoe manufacturer. It would definately be interesting to shop with you girls - we'd make a fun time out of it, that's for sure.
    XOXO,

Racheal

Platinum Member
    can you just see all us girls lose in the same mall ................with a big sale?????
    shop on girls....................

Wendy's at the ready mark Racheal...give her a little time to get warmed up and she'll be off to the races with ya!

Love,
    C.R.

Platinum Member
    christine come on along i will drive pick you along the way

shopping....

I love shopping for me!! Never had a problem with buying clothes in stores and never had any negative experiences. I love engaging staff in conversations about any clothes I'm buying.........

The one thing I would say is that if you're nervous, have a very good idea of what you want before you go in.....

I know this sounds a bit organised but if you are stressed about shopping,then you add the additional stress of making an informed purchase, it's easy to get yourself flustered.... (red face and panic searching for the nearest exit!!)

Hope this helps ...

- feline -

Quote Originally Posted by wendy me
    christine come on along i will drive pick you along the way
    Ok...is your credit still good wend?

Platinum Member
    lol a only had one card reach it's max .............my fav..........

Quote Originally Posted by wendy me
    lol a only had one card reach it's max .............my fav..........
    That's ok...layaway....layaway!!!!

Platinum Member
    never............ see it ......buy it......... love it ........no leave it behinde..................

Ah yes...the "take no prisoners" approach...

April25
    The first dress I bought it seemed like I was taking a gun up to a bank teller. OMG I had so many thoughts going through my mind. Just wondering if the security guards were watching me, what the person at the check out counter would say.

I go out shopping quite a lot and have to say that Wal-Mart gets most of my money with Target and Penny's not very far behind. And Sear's, of course.
    Kisses, Linda

Platinum Member

love it

Quote Originally Posted by April25
    The first dress I bought it seemed like I was taking a gun up to a bank teller. OMG I had so many thoughts going through my mind. Just wondering if the security guards were watching me, what the person at the check out counter would say.
    sister don't forget that feeling look back when you are a power shopper and laugh at it ................shopping pains......................... love it

You are right Linda, Wal-Mart is a great place as well. I got quite a few things at Wal-Mart - especially bras and panties - great to mix and match.
    XOXO,

Racheal

I love La Senza... Tammy bought me some mmm sexi things for Christmas.... but oh my I could buy one of everything if I had the money.... *goes off into dreamland*

Tamara x
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

LaSenza is great! Especially thier twice a year blow out bra sales - stock up on 'em.
    XOXO,

Racheal

As time goes by, I care less and less. Who cares what the woman at the check out behind you with the three screaming demons thinks? She's too tired to care, and I'm gonna look just as good as she would in those shoes!

The clerk?!? I make three times what she makes, so I must be doing something right.(maybe that's a little snotty, sorry) Anyway, just don't care anymore. They're strangers. With lives and problems of their own. If they think it's strange, or funny, let'em.

Seriously, I do understand the trepidation. I have been there. It's like going out dressed. The more you do it, the less scared you are. So get out there and shop!

At some point in the near future, Melissa is going to go shopping. A whole new set of worries to get over, and I can't wait till I can push myself to do it!

Hugs,

Melissa

Sorry, I forgot to answer the actual question.

Target is a favorite, especially for underthings and lingerie, but they have some nice clothes that are nicely priced. Shoes,too.

Payless has more variety, though.

If I want more quality, have no problem going into a smaller shop with salespeople. Again, don't care what they think, or if they know. They should be happy that I am there.

Hugs,

Melissa

online closeouts

www.overstock.com

www.ClassicCloseouts.com

at least for now.. until I get more courage...

in fact about 10 min ago I just got my first shipment.. woohooooo.. my denim skirt, bra and boyshorts.. the FedEx guy did look at me funny while I was signing.. but that was my imagination..

problem is do they fit.... I'll keep you posted.

question to all those girls brave enough to shop out in the big scary world...

do you try on the cloths? (kind of blows your cover of buying for your girlfriend.. huh? )

excited about trying on my new wardrobe!!!! pics soon.

excited and giddy,
    ms Kate
    well you know, boys will be....well sometimes girls

No, don't try them on, Kate. It's pretty much hit or miss.Although I know my size very well by now and have a pretty good idea of what looks good on me.

Shopping dressed, though... Hell yeah, I will try EVERYTHING on!

Hugs,

Melissa

I've been shopping!!!

Well this evening I was in town and I felt empowered enough to go into a shop and buy myself a pair of shoes. I'm so happy as I managed to find a pair of 3.5" black high heels with a pointed toe which is exactly what I was after.

I tried them on as soon as I got home and they are lovely, I just wish I'd done this years ago as high heels are definitley for me

So just need to get a few more things now, have planned to go shopping at the weekend.

Thanks everyone for all your tips and encouragement

Love
    Susan
    xx
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gotta Go Gotta Go Gotta Go. I'm of to see the vicky s and who knows where else, Hey yall know Valentines day is coming and you don't have to be shy about that frilly little outfit you are getting for the girls I say girls because you better get one for theSO too.
    LOVE & HUGS Georgette

Be who you want to be not what others think you should be
    On the Road to a better Place

If, God put you there, God will help you through it.

Shopping is a joy for me.

There are still occasions when I am not particularly daring, but if there is a good sale, nothing will stop me from browsing anymore. I've most recently been hitting Kohls clearance racks in a big way, and coming home wondering where I will find enough hangers, but I do find great success online, too. I love Zappos for shoes. They have excellent service, larger sizes and widths, and a huge selection, even with customer reviews, so you know whether they will be comfortable or not and all. I also like JCPenney online quite a bit. I just came home to a pair of tshirt bras and a pretty silk cami in the mail today, and I'm wearing them this minute under a silk blouse with a pretty yellow skirt and heels.

Chrissy
    ps - Kmart has been making a point of having very good bargains on makeup lately, too.

Most of the time I go to WalMart or Target for my clothes and shoes---I have never had any problems except for a few strange looks when I walk up to the register with a dress or tights. The local Wal Mart has installed self check out stands so that makes it a lot easier---I wish Target will as well. Another good place is Goodwill---everything is second hand, but the people there are friendly and don't hassle you and the dressing rooms are unmanned. Payless Shoe Source is also a good place to go for shoes. I get my tights at Dillards---might get some funny looks but that is the only store around here that has tan (my favorite color) tights in stock. They had a great deal on tights last week---2 pairs of Donna Karan tights for $12. You know I snagged those in a heartbeat!! Plus, DKNY has the better sizes and fit so wonderfully!! I have a pair on right now at work (underneath the drab of course) and my legs feel heavenly!