Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: theory about cross dressing

Quote Originally Posted by tekla west View Post
    There is not one reason.
    Thus, so many theories.

Banned Read only
    And here I thought it was that so many belonged to "The Theory of the Month Club."

I think that most people - CD or not - look to some grand plan, or overarching reason as a way of explaining that "its not my fault." OK, its not your fault, who cares as to why?

Smash the metanarratives!

Quote Originally Posted by Ericka/Rich View Post
    I'm rich (other than being Richard) on this site with friends if that's what you mean Dee. Couldn't ask for anything more in my opinion. I love the sharing. We are all truely people people here. Ericka Kay
    Sorry, Ericka babe. Realised what the 'Rich' part meant only post posting. Just a 'blonde moment'!
    [SIZE=3]She Came From Plant Claire...

Dee
    [/SIZE][SIZE=3]xxx[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Model View Post
    Sorry, Ericka babe. Realised what the 'Rich' part meant only post posting. Just a 'blonde moment'!
    That's okay Dee. I have those moments a lot regardless of my hair color. Ericka Kay

I was always the shy one who was either picked on by girls or befriended by them. Never had a real girlfriend. So my reason for crossdressing was to be the woman I never had.
    Hail Satin!

I was slow to blend in with the opposite sex.I didn't have a date until I was 20.I had lots of girls that I kind of hung with in Junior High and High School including one that became my GG mentor later on in life.For years I had a lot of frustration that I had been rejected a few times as a teenager and that as an adult I wasn't married.But please,before any of us get into blaming the ladies for any of this,maybe some of us expected the prettiest girls or the foxy ladies that already had boyfreinds to welcome us no questions asked. You know what,I think a life of hetero m to f crossdressing is a lot more fun than being stuck in that 9 to 5 American Ruse.And you never know what life brings.I ran into that High School Freind when I was like 26 and our freindship resumed.She was a mentor to my dressing for years afterward.I think it's something in heredity.A susseptability towards trying to be feminine and loving feminine things.You could always inherit in your genes a suseptability towards soybean farming or anthracite processing. Samantha

Short Skirts & Long Legs

Wink Over simplified

Personally, I choose not to give it a lot of thought, I did that years ago and managed to put myself in to a deep depression...Needless to say, I over come that...So I'll only say If it feels good and makes you feel good DO IT...

...and I do feel good and good about myself when dressed...

You told my story, too!

Jessica, You hit a bullseye. Decades, and decades, of painful rejection by ladies I tried to befriend, especially tall ones, since i am very tall, tore my heart, and mind, to bits, too. I dress up, to be the tall, lovely lady, i could never find, or be wanted by. I was rejected by shorter ladies, also. Only a few short, fat gals, and senior citizens,wanted me, and, i befriended them, but not romantically. Yes, we do have our strange ways of coping with, what i see, as great deprivation, and what i see as emotional torture issues.
    Didn't God say, in the beginning, "It is not good for the man to be alone?"
    CDing is one way sone of us cope, after tons, and decades of rejection, in a couples oriented society. It may not be true for all on here. Lucille

l

I agree with your supposition, but I would put a different spin on it at least in my case. I believe that for what ever reason, I have always felt that girls/women were more valuable; that being female was a prize to be enjoyed. As a child I vividly remember how my parents behaved around my sister and how they behaved around me. She was a princess who received a lot of attention. I received attention too, but not the kind I wanted. I wanted to be princess as well. So the eternal question remains for me, which came first, the nature or the nurture. At my age it matters little anymore. I love to appear as a woman. I feel more at peace, more relaxed, more the person I always wanted to be. Sad that one must spend a lifetime trying to compensate and to cope, and to hide and yes, even to feel shame and guilt, just because they can't be themselves. Louise

I was watching the "Today" show this morning and they were saying the science now has proof that men and women brains are wired differently. This should help with us too. It will help prove that TG people are just as different, we are not perverts, and the belief that this can be cured is not true. Another step in Recognizing us.

There are just too many different childhood and adult experiences to allow for a single theory to account for everyone's crossdressing. There is also the consideration that our energy signature has been around a lot longer than our physical signature.

Each and everyone of us, male and female, are part of both genders to varying degrees. It is society that has decreed that the gender lines must not be crossed, not nature.

And science is just beginning to begrudgingly acknowledge some of these things and is just starting to have a clue as to how our mind and brain really works.

If it becomes recognised again, as it has been in past societies, that transgender is a normal state of affairs, maybe we wouldn't have to work so hard to explain why we are the way we are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Amen to that Dina. Now let's all relax and enjoy the Hoildays. Ericka Kay

Here's something maybe nobody usually thinks of:

I watch Sylivia Brown on Montel on weds. She has said things before about having past lives and that you can change sex from life to life.

Anyone thought that maybe we were a female in a past life and some carried over with us to this life?

Banned Read only

I think we should all adopt this link.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy55 View Post
    Here's a link I found that has some intresting things to say on the subject.

http://www.mindspring.com/~karen.ann.../contents.html

Peggy
    Follow peggy's link and tell me if it isn't the best at defining and explaining terms. I think it would help this forum immesurably if we were to adopt these definitions.

Quote Originally Posted by jeniinnylons View Post
    Here's something maybe nobody usually thinks of:

I watch Sylivia Brown on Montel on weds. She has said things before about having past lives and that you can change sex from life to life.

Anyone thought that maybe we were a female in a past life and some carried over with us to this life?
    No maybe about it Jenii. I know it for a fact. EKR