Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battle of the bulge... & dresses

Banned Read only

Battle of the bulge... & dresses

Hi,

I've decided, well my SO commented, that if you really want to look sexy your going to have to try and lose that tire around your stomach that's fast turning into a beer gut.

Apart from being a little hurt, I could see here point. Well just wondering what diets you girls have tried with success?

I'm a total choc & crisps junkie...Not to mention coke a cola (full strength) and of course beer.

I have to be strong willed I know, but could use any suggestions you've got.

Currently I'm 6'2" (188cm) and about 187lb (85kg) probably more like 89kg though ...lol

A few years ago I'd never been able to get over 69kg and could fit into a size 10 -12 AU dress.

Now I'm squeeeeeezing into a 14 but can't do much else, a 16 fits much better these days. But I want to get back into a 12. Yes wishful thinking

Apart from my gut the rest of me hasn't really stacked on the weight. Though my legs look a lot better these days.

hugs

x

beckii

This worked for me......ice hockey twice a week....20 minutes on the universal gym 3-4 times a week.....no snacks after dinner....walk the dog a couple times a week....portion control....lateral thigh trainer a couple times a week....stair stepper, treadmill....also use 5 pound free weights when I walk on the treadmill, and lateral thigh trainer.....

lost 50 pounds in 9 months!!

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Aspiring Member
    You're 6' 2" and 187lbs ?!! I wouldn't think you'd be in need of dieting girl!! I'm 6' and nearly 220 lbs - I need to diet!!

Losing wt

Not to be discouraging but Diets don't work. Only a combination of exercise and life style change takes weight off and keeps it off. Trying to lose wieght and effect the abdominal area is at best ineffectual. Only a series of specific exercises will reduce this area. I am slim but have extra pounds in that area as well and the amount of work it takes to keep it looking good is unreal. I use exercises that develop the abs. Good luck Kahlan

Karren has the right idea....and those are my goals. 20lbs of the way there. I've used nutrisystem supplemented with fresh fruit and vegetables, and lots of exercise. Working on the smaller portions for meals with controlled snacks twice a day. It's working!!!

Beckii watch what you eat & workout
    Angie

Banned Read only
    I would recomend Weight Watchers plus regular exersize. I have been on it since last March. I have lost a total of 82 Pounds and have gone from a size 22-24 to a 12-14. As Kahlan51 said it really is more than a diet, as diets are just short term soultions Weight Watchers really is a life style change.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    I would recomend Weight Watchers plus regular exersize. I have been on it since last March. I have lost a total of 82 Pounds and have gone from a size 22-24 to a 12-14. As Kahlan51 said it really is more than a diet, as diets are just short term soultions Weight Watchers really is a life style change.
    From what I've noticed, Weight Watchers is good if food plays a major role in your life.
    If you're like me and food isn't really important, it may have resulted in a poor diet. I am also trying to lose weight, so I have started an exercise regime and started to improve my diet.

I was and still on the "Default Diet". My wife is on Weight Watchers, so by default, I am eating the same thing she does. I have lost about 25 pounds so far.

the first week is the hardest

Quote Originally Posted by Beckii_aCDInOz View Post
    Hi,

I'm a total choc & crisps junkie...Not to mention coke a cola (full strength) and of course beer.

beckii
    Stop the Coke a cola and beer The first week will be the hardest, and do a walking after you get off work and cut down on the Choc & crisps.

Find someone to do this with it will be easier the wife works for me.

Anna

Anna

Quote Originally Posted by Beckii_aCDInOz
    Hi,

Exercises and less calories.

Savor one choc bar in 5 min instead gulping 5 bars in 1 min. Less calories, almost the same fun.

Diet Coke for lunch and dinner. Full strenght coke doesn't add to satiety but to the calories.
    (In the USA soft drinks are usually sweetened with HFCS. Latest research indicates that fructose doesn't produce satiety but a high fructose load may induce fat synthesis.)

Though it might sound cruel, find a good alcohol free beer. If you are not going to get drunk, this lowers calories by half, you still can take advantage of the healthy ingredients, and you can even drink more. A 'regular' beer once in a while is ok.
    Last edited by Marla S; 12-11-2006 at 11:36 AM.

Junior Member Scrunchie-Bunchie's Avatar
    I'm 6'1" and 200.8 Lbs. That's down from 208 a few months ago. I'm hoping to drop to 180 or therabouts, I'm not clearing my plate and not eating too often.

is in her vest
    Hi

I don't believe in the diet thing being the way to loose weight and then keep it off.
    I think you want to get into a lifestyle change of healthy eating, and excluding that mountain of crap carbs you are ingesting, and couple it with some exercise you enjoy. This just then becomes your life, isn't a chore and you can keep it up (no continual cycle of weight yo yo's)....and still have some rubbish to eat too!!!
    Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. ~Potter Stewart

I am 6' and was almost up to 180 lbs 2 years ago. Now I am down to 150 lbs. I have a bit of a real waist now and I can fit into 10-12 skirts and 12-14 dresses. It makes a world of difference in finding clothing that fits.

What worked for me is to skip breakfast, I just have a cup of coffee. I don't get overly hungry until lunch. I have a light to normal lunch. Then for supper, whatever the family is having. I try to stay active, and I weigh myself each day. Now that I am at target weight, if I go up 2 lbs, I immediatly lighten up my intake, and get that extra weight off.

Take you time to get down to where you want to be. Cut out the snacks if you can. And get some exercise, but not with your arms.

Sally

Tryimg being 270lbs(what I weighed tonite) and try to lose 80 to 90 lbs. I am hooked on Coca colas if I try to stop drinking them I get massive Migrain headaches.What can I do for that? Help at myself
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Nothing beats a great pair of heels...

I am 5'11", and 159lbs, I try real hard to stick to rabbit food, I went over 165lbs once, and my wife oversaw my diet and exercise until I was 150! I will not go through that again! I guess the moral is, you just need the right motivation, (like MY wife!).

Banned Read only
    I eat a light breakfast, tv dinner lunch, and anything for dinner. Sometimes snack very lightly on candy or Ben & Jerry's. Look at my past threads on how I lost weight from road biking.

Losing weight from exercise is hard work. Did a 17.2 mile workout on Saturday lost .4 lbs. 24 miles on Sunday and lost nothing! I get pissed off when that happens!

MMMMMmmmmm...... BEER!!!!!!! lol...... I'm 5-8.. I know I've got a little bit of a "tire" but a corset works wonders!!! Especially if you've got a little bit of "man boob" to work with! Not going to post my weight here (what girl would) but what would my ideal femme weight be at 5' 8? Curious... Running has always worked for me.. If I run for 30 mins 4 -5 times a week and do sit ups, I can drink as much beer as Homer Simpson!! lol!
    Last edited by StayceeCD; 12-12-2006 at 12:27 AM.

Atkins Atkins Atkins

40 lbs in six months 220 to 180 lbs could loose another 20. Next target! Diann:

losing weight is the second hardest thing that ive done ! I started in may and by changing eating habets ( what and how much ) started walking ,up to 3 miles a day before the first of 3 operations.even with 29 days in hospital (in 3 stays)at this point ive lost 50 lbs and am back to 2-3 miles a day . the 2 biggest changes were getting rid of the soda and changing to a more healthier diet . It can be done , you have to do it for yourself ! No one but you will stop you from doing it . set acheaveable goals small steps will start a pattern of sucess and reenforce your desires to lose
    Good luck Kathleen

battle of the bulge

hi beci just hang in babe im in the same boat so P M me and ill go with you if you need support all be it from NSW . good luck jacquie renee randall
    ALWAYS BE TRUE TO YOURSELF:

Southern Gurl
    I have been on a diet for years, Always watching what I eat and my weight each day. One trick that always works for me is to set a goal and buy something new when I reach the goal. Set the goal low and shop/reward often. Huggs

I'm weight conscious and try to eat sensibly. Eating small amounts throughout the day helps me. I also exercise regularly, but my weight loss has been very slow (I'm trying to lose 30 lbs.--already lost 30). It's worth it though.
    warmly, Linnea

Banned Read only
    i think some diets are really dangerous but i did learn one thing in school and that is about weight gain, calories going in =calories burnt then no change so you dont have to do both just one or the other change what you eat or excercise a little more but watch out you dont exercise too much. anyway hope i helped a little.

Lots of good advice here today. Diets are great but ineffective without an ecercise program to go with it. Basically, if you consume more calories than you burn, you will gain weight.